Sign in to follow this  
Forever Norwich

Lambert to aston villa

[quote user="BroadstairsR"] I take it your post was in jest?[/quote]

Knowing bbb it was deadly serious, poor old thing''s a bit out of touch.

[quote user="Mustachio Furioso"]

[quote user="BroadstairsR"] I take it your post was in jest?[/quote]

Knowing bbb it was deadly serious, poor old thing''s a bit out of touch.

[/quote]

Ah, but you don''t know me, clever dicko

[|-)]

OTBC

I should stop saying things like this which, if were to happen, I would never live up to my word. I currently owe Shyster ( I think it is, maybe Shack) £5 billion pounds. [:(]

[quote user="Crofts Number 1 Fan"]Suprised Bob Bradley is favourite for the job.[/quote]Im not american owner american manager landon donavan to aston villa anyone?

i bet Liverpool are now kicking themselves, could have had O''Neill instead of RH, a far better choice for a so called top four team

[quote user="NCFC-47"][quote user="Crofts Number 1 Fan"]Suprised Bob Bradley is favourite for the job.[/quote]

Im not american owner american manager landon donavan to aston villa anyone?
[/quote]

Here, I''ll lend you these;   '' . , ,  and these A A L D A V. Now try and fit them into your sentence.

[quote user="Thecanaryfan"]

[quote user="CallsignViper"]You honestly think Lambert is a better manager than O''Neill thecanaryfan?[/quote]

Depends really. I personally wouldnt swap him. He achieved things for us I wouldnt have dreamt of last season. Ive spoken with quite a few Man Utd and Arsenal fans of late. They all have Lambert on their radars. I would rather stick by Lambert and at least give him a chance in this division.

[/quote]

That''s actually quite funny. Doubt many United or Arsenal fans have any idea who the Norwich manager is. Ask them and it would be .............''Paul who?????'' When Ferguson or Wenger leave all they will do is look at the likes of Mourhino or that guy who is in charge at Barcelona.  

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Unhinged Canary"][quote user="Superflash"][quote user="Unhinged Canary"]As much as I like Lambert, I would take that trade in a second!

[/quote]

So MON can throw his toys out of the pram here, quit us too, and leave us in the lurch?

Ok, maybe that''s a bit extreme. Surprising, but then it sounds as though they just weren''t giving him the backing he needed at all. I think he''ll take a well deserved break and eventually take charge of a another big club, for he clearly has the potential to do well with them.
[/quote]

I don''t know? Maybe I''m being very naive here, but I take MON to be a very genuine bloke. I don''t think he''d do something like that without good reason. I don''t think he left us without just cause. I think all this Milner business seems to have been the ''proverbial straw'' as it were. I don''t think he''d do something like just to have a ''hissy fit''.
[/quote]

He left Norwich in a hissy fit because he couldn''t sign Dean Windass.

[/quote]

He left Norwich because Chase enticed him here with promises of money he didn''t have.  Chase then signed Flecky against O''Neill''s wishes to appease the fans, and when O''Neill wanted to sign a player of his own (Windass) Chase prevaricated for about 2 months and then pulled out of the deal,.  Chase wanted O''Neill to be a head coach, O''Neill wanted to be a manager.

If the rumours about US coach Bob Bradley coming to Villa turn out to be true, you have to wonder if this isn''t a case of constructive dismissal - Lerner wanted O''Neill out and did it by pushing him beyond the limit over team strengthening.

[quote user="WOTB"][quote user="Thecanaryfan"]

[quote user="CallsignViper"]You honestly think Lambert is a better manager than O''Neill thecanaryfan?[/quote]

Depends really. I personally wouldnt swap him. He achieved things for us I wouldnt have dreamt of last season. Ive spoken with quite a few Man Utd and Arsenal fans of late. They all have Lambert on their radars. I would rather stick by Lambert and at least give him a chance in this division.

[/quote]I can concur with that statement. I was at a conference last week. People are starting to notice PL.[/quote]

I think this season will tell a lot, can Lambert do it with a team of average players ?Best hope this year is top 6 finish more likely mid table, Our defence is our weakest link I would have been a lot happier with Forster in goal.

[quote user="Chris."]Lol. I just couldn''t see him or any manager 1. Keeping hold of Milner or Ashley Young. Or 2. Improving on last seasons finish.[/quote]Milner is going anyway, MON said that, its not a hidden fact....but Ashley Young is just paper talk, why would Spurs offer 3/4 players for one player? thats not how Harry does his buisness....I don''t think Lambert will be leaving, they will end up with Sven i reckon....

[quote user="canary cherub "]

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Unhinged Canary"][quote user="Superflash"][quote user="Unhinged Canary"]As much as I like Lambert, I would take that trade in a second!

[/quote]

So MON can throw his toys out of the pram here, quit us too, and leave us in the lurch?

Ok, maybe that''s a bit extreme. Surprising, but then it sounds as though they just weren''t giving him the backing he needed at all. I think he''ll take a well deserved break and eventually take charge of a another big club, for he clearly has the potential to do well with them.
[/quote]

I don''t know? Maybe I''m being very naive here, but I take MON to be a very genuine bloke. I don''t think he''d do something like that without good reason. I don''t think he left us without just cause. I think all this Milner business seems to have been the ''proverbial straw'' as it were. I don''t think he''d do something like just to have a ''hissy fit''.
[/quote]

He left Norwich in a hissy fit because he couldn''t sign Dean Windass.

[/quote]

If the rumours about US coach Bob Bradley coming to Villa turn out to be true, you have to wonder if this isn''t a case of constructive dismissal - Lerner wanted O''Neill out and did it by pushing him beyond the limit over team strengthening.

[/quote]

If this is the case, I hope Bob Bradley fails spectacularly. As always, teaching someone (Lerner) a lesson impacts on the poor old fans.

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

He should have a point to prove. And he could bring in Windass as coach!

What say we seek to swap him for Lambert since  he''s supposed to be under consideration for the Villa job?

[;)]

OTBC

[/quote]A quality suggestion as ever Bly...... [Y].

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

He should have a point to prove. And he could bring in Windass as coach!

What say we seek to swap him for Lambert since  he''s supposed to be under consideration for the Villa job?

[;)]

OTBC

[/quote]As a pointless excercise, then of course yes, I''d welcome him back, but not if it meant sacking Lambert.

[quote user="Unhinged Canary"]As much as I like Lambert, I would take that trade in a second!

[/quote]Same here, even after he dumped us for Leicester years ago.

[quote user="NCFC-47"]someone had to do it

MO''N coming to us though
[/quote]

I don''t think Martin would be interested in any job outside the Premiership - he''ll bide his time. He could end up at Manchester City - who could quickly lose patience with Mancini if he fails to deliver in time. There will be at least one Premiership club looking for a new manager before this season is done what ever happens.

[quote user="NCFC-47"]someone had to do itMO''N coming to us though[/quote]

What ? After Friday nights shambolic performance from the team put together by Lambert after one year in charge ? I don''t think so !

i wouldnt ever have Martin O''neil back here.. the mans a tit with an attitude problem (read Gunnys book) as soon as someone in a position higher than him does something he doesnt like he throws his toys out of the pram and goes for a sulk....Decent manager but a really poor ethic!

I have to be honest , for the last six months or so if I had to lay odds on Paul Lambert moving to a premier league job, this is the one.

We all know that Paul Lambert regards Martin O''Neill as his mentor, if Martin O''Neill has left any recommendations as to his replacement, Lambert must come high on his list.As is the norm, the papers put forward the usual names as managerial candidates, hence ex Villa player Gareth Southgate has been put forward and because Villa are owned by an American the name of American coach Bob Bradley is apparently favourite . It really all depends how far Randy Lerner wants to placate the fans and whether Paul Lambert is of a high enough profile to do so. Were Doug Ellis in charge still, I think that Paul Lambert would have stood as great a chance of the job as anyone, however Mr Lerner has yet to appoint his own manager since taking over the club and so he may try to go for a "Big" name  such as Sven or Jurgen Klinsmann.

Why would Lambert go to Villa. It''s a completely unattractive job right now. No money, forced to sell their better players, a former hero manager... you''ll be on a hiding to nothing. I give the next Villa manager 6 months before he''s sacked because they''re not in the top 6.Lambert is sitting comfortably with us, building up his rep... besides, if he goes... they''ll be compensation involved... I dont think Villa can afford Lambert !

Just said on Radio Norfolk that William Hill have slashed Lamberts odds from 16/1 to 8/1 after taking a lot of money for him in the Staffordshire area this afternoon.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]i wouldnt ever have Martin O''neil back here.. the mans a tit with an attitude problem (read Gunnys book) as soon as someone in a position higher than him does something he doesnt like he throws his toys out of the pram and goes for a sulk....

Decent manager but a really poor ethic!
[/quote]

And pray, how did that work out when he played under Brian Clough?

Maybe he just lurrrrvvved everything that Cloughie did?

OTBC