Sign in to follow this  
Forever Norwich

Lambert to aston villa

[quote user="Unhinged Canary"]As much as I like Lambert, I would take that trade in a second!

[/quote]So MON can throw his toys out of the pram here, quit us too, and leave us in the lurch?Ok, maybe that''s a bit extreme. Surprising, but then it sounds as though they just weren''t giving him the backing he needed at all. I think he''ll take a well deserved break and eventually take charge of a another big club, for he clearly has the potential to do well with them.

[quote user="Superflash"][quote user="Unhinged Canary"]As much as I like Lambert, I would take that trade in a second!

[/quote]So MON can throw his toys out of the pram here, quit us too, and leave us in the lurch?Ok, maybe that''s a bit extreme. Surprising, but then it sounds as though they just weren''t giving him the backing he needed at all. I think he''ll take a well deserved break and eventually take charge of a another big club, for he clearly has the potential to do well with them. [/quote]I don''t know? Maybe I''m being very naive here, but I take MON to be a very genuine bloke. I don''t think he''d do something like that without good reason. I don''t think he left us without just cause. I think all this Milner business seems to have been the ''proverbial straw'' as it were. I don''t think he''d do something like just to have a ''hissy fit''.

I was searching for another Prem club that O''Neill might have had lined up but there doesn''t appear to be one. It just seems strange the timing of the decision seen as though he probably could have walked into the Liverpool job a couple of months ago. Maybe it was fairly spontaneous and he just wants a break. The only potential sackings I can see if things don''t run smoothly are at Man City, West Ham, any more?

[quote user="Unhinged Canary"]As much as I like Lambert, I would take that trade in a second!

[/quote]

Its amazing what impact one defeat can have on certain fans.

[quote user="Salford City YELLOW"]I was searching for another Prem club that O''Neill might have had lined up but there doesn''t appear to be one. It just seems strange the timing of the decision seen as though he probably could have walked into the Liverpool job a couple of months ago. Maybe it was fairly spontaneous and he just wants a break. The only potential sackings I can see if things don''t run smoothly are at Man City, West Ham, any more?[/quote]Liverpool?Newcastle?

[quote user="Unhinged Canary"][quote user="Superflash"][quote user="Unhinged Canary"]As much as I like Lambert, I would take that trade in a second!

[/quote]So MON can throw his toys out of the pram here, quit us too, and leave us in the lurch?Ok, maybe that''s a bit extreme. Surprising, but then it sounds as though they just weren''t giving him the backing he needed at all. I think he''ll take a well deserved break and eventually take charge of a another big club, for he clearly has the potential to do well with them. [/quote]I don''t know? Maybe I''m being very naive here, but I take MON to be a very genuine bloke. I don''t think he''d do something like that without good reason. I don''t think he left us without just cause. I think all this Milner business seems to have been the ''proverbial straw'' as it were. I don''t think he''d do something like just to have a ''hissy fit''.[/quote]He left Norwich in a hissy fit because he couldn''t sign Dean Windass.

[quote user="Thecanaryfan"]

[/quote]

[/quote]No, no, no. Don''t get me wrong! I''m fully in the ''don''t panic'' camp. It was purely a hypothetical statement. You must appreciate that O''Neill (at present) is a far superior manager than Lambert.I have full faith in Lambert!

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Unhinged Canary"][quote user="Superflash"][quote user="Unhinged Canary"]As much as I like Lambert, I would take that trade in a second!

[/quote]So MON can throw his toys out of the pram here, quit us too, and leave us in the lurch?Ok, maybe that''s a bit extreme. Surprising, but then it sounds as though they just weren''t giving him the backing he needed at all. I think he''ll take a well deserved break and eventually take charge of a another big club, for he clearly has the potential to do well with them. [/quote]I don''t know? Maybe I''m being very naive here, but I take MON to be a very genuine bloke. I don''t think he''d do something like that without good reason. I don''t think he left us without just cause. I think all this Milner business seems to have been the ''proverbial straw'' as it were. I don''t think he''d do something like just to have a ''hissy fit''.[/quote]He left Norwich in a hissy fit because he couldn''t sign Dean Windass.[/quote]There HAD to be more than that though Chops. I can''t believe it was down to just one signing. As I said, I''m probably being very naive about it.

[quote user="Unhinged Canary"][quote user="Thecanaryfan"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

No, no, no. Don''t get me wrong! I''m fully in the ''don''t panic'' camp. It was purely a hypothetical statement. You must appreciate that O''Neill (at present) is a far superior manager than Lambert.

I have full faith in Lambert!
[/quote]

Far supierior? I think not. Lambert changed our fortunes by changing players mentality. Dont confuse cash with talent.

[quote user="CallsignViper"]You honestly think Lambert is a better manager than O''Neill thecanaryfan?[/quote]

Depends really. I personally wouldnt swap him. He achieved things for us I wouldnt have dreamt of last season. Ive spoken with quite a few Man Utd and Arsenal fans of late. They all have Lambert on their radars. I would rather stick by Lambert and at least give him a chance in this division.

[quote user="Thecanaryfan"]

[quote user="CallsignViper"]You honestly think Lambert is a better manager than O''Neill thecanaryfan?[/quote]

Depends really. I personally wouldnt swap him. He achieved things for us I wouldnt have dreamt of last season. Ive spoken with quite a few Man Utd and Arsenal fans of late. They all have Lambert on their radars. I would rather stick by Lambert and at least give him a chance in this division.

[/quote]I can concur with that statement. I was at a conference last week. People are starting to notice PL.

Well if he was to take that job (which i highly doubt) It would be a dead end for his reputation.

[quote user="Chris."]Well if he was to take that job (which i highly doubt) It would be a dead end for his reputation.[/quote]

Steve Bruce hopped around a bit in his first few months and years - didn''t harm his reputation a great deal!

It would be a brave appointment to put PL in charge of a senior Prem team...he could hardly refuse if it was offered though?

He should have a point to prove. And he could bring in Windass as coach!

What say we seek to swap him for Lambert since  he''s supposed to be under consideration for the Villa job?

[;)]

OTBC

[quote user="Crofts Number 1 Fan"]I know this is a joke thread but where did you see Lambert was being considere as Villa manager?[/quote]Lol. If top six premier league side Villa want Lambo as manager, I will eat my teeth and 300 bricks, on toast. [:)]

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

What say we seek to swap him for Lambert since  he''s supposed to be under consideration for the Villa job?

[;)]

OTBC

[/quote]

I think maybe our beloved Martin will have his sights set on more high-profile jobs and PL at Villa is a bit premature surely.

I take it your post was in jest?

[quote user="BroadstairsR"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

[;)]

OTBC

[/quote] I think maybe our beloved Martin will have his sights set on more high-profile jobs and PL at Villa is a bit premature surely. I take it your post was in jest?[/quote]

Martin O''Neill is nearly as good a word-smith as he is a football manager.

The man seems to have absolutely no sense of loyalty: Norwich, Leicester, Villa. Normally managers are sacked. He resigns. My deduction is that he has his eye on something else 

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

bodog has Lambert at 20-1 for the Villa job.

OTBC

[/quote]Hope not. [:|] Don''t think I could really stomach that food. [:(]

Lol. I just couldn''t see him or any manager 1. Keeping hold of Milner or Ashley Young. Or 2. Improving on last seasons finish.

[quote user="Go Wash Your Mouth Out Son"]That site brought back some memories of managers I had forgotten still existed.[/quote]

But not at 20-1, I suspect!

[:P]

OTBC