Sign in to follow this  
Rudolph Hucker

Elliott Ward

How did he play tonight?

This player coming up with the goods could be key to our season along with Ruddy finding his feet and his confidence.

I thought he looked powder-puff against Watford and didn''t like his apparent lack of going in where it hurt. I am prepared to accept he is finding fitness so, was he better tonight and are there signs he will come good?

Thought he was decent Rudolph. Decently solid and didn''t have horrific passing like the other night. Not great, not terrible. But decent peformance for me.

Thanks Brendo. Perhaps he is improving with match fitness. He will need to be better than Doc and Nelson will need to improve 15% too. I think Nelson is trying and has lost weight to gain more pace but he will never be quick and relies on his timing.

Ward needs to show the pace and passing.

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]Thanks Brendo. Perhaps he is improving with match fitness. He will need to be better than Doc and Nelson will need to improve 15% too. I think Nelson is trying and has lost weight to gain more pace but he will never be quick and relies on his timing. Ward needs to show the pace and passing.[/quote]Hmm after today''s peformance, I am now thinking Askou is the main contender for long term partner for Ward. I said after Watford that it should be Nelson and Askou. This is bearing in mind Askou hasn''t played in over 6 months, and I have no idea how people have done in training.

Still, he did ok so I am happy. [:)]

Ward''s distribution a bit wayward/aimless at times but solid otherwise.

I thought Ruddy had a good game, had some difficult saves to make as Gillingham didn''t come to defend.  Likes to throw the ball out to get an attack going but also has a long straight kick when required, and a very loud shout.

Fox may need a bit of time to adjust to the base of the diamond role, he looks more like an orthodox CM to me.  Picked out Hoolahan with a lovely pass which he fired just wide from an acute angle.

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]Definitely a lot better tonight (albeit it was Gillingham but you can only beat what''s in front of you).  Looked confident and did the basics well.
[/quote]

Yes but what about that lard a*se that was in front of Nelly[:^)]

How was he supposed to beat him.. he couldn''t get near him!!

Didn''t one of the luminary posters on here suggest we should sign him???

Nelly and Ward both did ok tonight but it against League Two strikers.

In my opinion Ward is getting a bit better with each game he plays (although that''s really to be expected of any player).

[quote user="GJP"]

In my opinion Ward is getting a bit better with each game he plays (although that''s really to be expected of any player).

[/quote]Bit of an odd statement to make after 2 games, but yeah.

[quote user="Brendo "][quote user="GJP"]

[/quote]Bit of an odd statement to make after 2 games, but yeah.[/quote]

Newcastle, Everton, Watford and Gillingham.

[quote user="GJP"][quote user="Brendo "][quote user="GJP"]

[/quote]Hmm yeah, but I don''t really count pre seasons as they are just for fitness mainly.

[quote user="Brendo "][quote user="GJP"][quote user="Brendo "][quote user="GJP"]

[/quote]Hmm yeah, but I don''t really count pre seasons as they are just for fitness mainly.[/quote]

My point still stands though.

Especially when you consider that it''s fitness that Ward clearly needs to work on and which is improving, hence an improvement in his performances across those games.

True. [Y]

I just remember so many good things from Askou though, will be good to see who Lambert will choose when all 4 fully fit. Assuming Whitbread returns anytime in the not too distant future. However as Nelson was captain, I guess it will just be him and Ward.

i thought he looked sharper than friday, a more commanding cb performance, i think as he gets fitter he will look better, and confidence works wonders as well, winning games always helps, look at last year.

personally i''d partner him with Askou (with Whitbread being the unknown quality since hes been here).