Sign in to follow this  
Keep talking, Joe

I was at the game today. We have major problems.....

I live a couple of miles from the Valley, in Blackheath and as a season ticket holder at ''The Fortress'', enjoyed this one coming round in the fixture list as it means i don''t have to drive for three hours.

After last week''s disappointment against Blackburn, i was sure that there only had to be a matter of time before we got a lead and kept it.

Put a few quid on 2-0 City and took my place among the Charlton fans as i left getting a ticket to the last minute. Gutted. So was i not only on my own, but surrounded by bemused Londoners,     "Cor, Norwich have always had good fans" I heard a few times as our boys off the field put theirs to shame.

Sadly, on the pitch, we were lacking all over. Gary Holt was again having another one of those days where the ball was constantly stuck under him, and McKenzie, though full of effort and enthusiasm found the ball bouncing off him all over the place.

Francis, unusually, had a poor game. Jonson, i thought actually looked ok at last and i was surprised to see him making way for Bentley, who at least looked like he was trying to get involved.

The fans'' cals for Mulryne brought about a slight change in our shape, and it looked like all the way accross midfield we had players who wanted the ball, and knew what to do with it once they got it. Gart Holts arms in the air look of frustration as he ran out of ideas and hoofed another ball towards their able centre halves summed up his deficiencies as a premiership player.

I, personally would like to see the midfield that finished the game start against the saints in what is the biggest must win we have had in recent memory. My gut feeling is that Worthington will again play his blue eyed boy Holt and leave the flowing locks of mullers kicking his heels on the bench again. I know he works hard and we need that, but Francis is good enough to adapt his game to accomodate Phil.

Real changes are needed. We lacked height for th e first goal, in what was some schoolboy positioning by Flemming and we were short... Both in size and stature all over the park today

Anyone else feel the same?

I still love you, City...

Just give me some hope.

Tom

Quote : McKenzie, though full of effort and enthusiasm found the ball bouncing off him all over the place

My thoughts exactly on this one!! He seems too enthusiastic and runs around like a headless chicken!

I love City too and would love them to finish 4th from bottom at the end of the season but, I hate to say it, I think it is only a dream.

OTBC

I reckon you''re right, Tom.  I was expecting and hoping at the time that there would be more changes than there turned out to be at half time: Mulryne for Holt, possibly Ward for Greeno, literally anyone for any or all four of our defence (with the possible exception of Eddie, who blew hot and cold),  Johansson for Svensson... oh, sorry about that last one...

In fact I''d really like to know why there weren''t more substitutions after the first sorry 45 than just Bentley, who did start causing problems around their area (but still lacks accuracy).  Mulryne was a similar revelation.  There absolutely MUST be a shake-up in midfield (and defence, but...) to start our subsequent games.

A quick self-congratulatory pat on the back to the fans once again, we put our own team to shame with our commitment and consistency.  As far as I saw only Mackenzie came and clapped us at the end; the others were probably too ashamed.  Though I thought Hucks was also a star - when he was actually supplied.

Then bring on the Saints...

Keep talking

I think you have got it exactly.  Holt was again poor, Leon wasn''t clinical enough, Jonson was pretty poor, Franny wasn''t bad but not his usual self.  Hreidersson although I hate to admit was superb.  He had the measure of Jonson and Eddy all day.  Bentley came on and did pretty well I thought. 

The fans were great though

[quote]I live a couple of miles from the Valley, in Blackheath and as a season ticket holder at ''The Fortress'', enjoyed this one coming round in the fixture list as it means i don''t have to drive for three h...[/quote]

tom

i notice you have 20 posts to your name, but i regret i don''t remember reading any of the previous ones, a shame as this one is superb, you summed up i guess a lot of our feelings on what was a watershed for this season

things have to change and change now, on the training ground for one

thanks once again for your post, and please some more!!

my opinion

We played rubbish

We got walked straight through and both our goals were defently offside!