Sign in to follow this  
blahblahblah

Don't quit football Bellars, come back home !

Speaking of volunteers...Craig Bellamy says he might quit football if he doesn''t make the 25 man squad for Marn Citeh :http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/man_city/8902161.stm"With this 25-man ruling, it doesn''t matter how well I train or how good my attitude is, I might not be registered to play.  So

do I go without playing football until January, or do I find myself a

club where I can play football? I am committed to stay where I am."If he doesn''t get registered there, he might not be able to register for another Premiership team until January.  How about a loan spell here, fire us to the top of the championship, reminding the Prem teams of his ability, and becoming an even bigger Norwich legend in the process.It''s not like he''d need the money, after all !

[quote user="writeronthestorm"]I''d love that, but I think he would choose Cardiff over us[/quote]

But what aboout his memories with us like being locked in the coach toilets on an away game or Kevin Muscat. [;)]

Typically melodramatic from Bellamy. 

Will be interesting to see how Man City handle this new squad ruling though. Maybe they will hold a last minute garage sale outside Eastlands.

Funny thing is, he''s actually just the type of person to say "screw the media, telling me going to Norwich is a waste of time." He''d do it just to prove a point and to screw with the media and his doubters a bit. There''s no way it would happen, well, stranger things have happened but I doubt it. I doubt we could even afford his wages, but again he''d probably even take a pay cut to once again stick it to the doubters!Honestly? I''d love it if he returned though. I often sign him up on Fifa, so it would be something of a culmination of a dream for me in a bizarre way.

just seen his very honest interview in SSN. Certainly not worried about speaking his mind. I''d love him back here but i think his 45k a week wage demands could have a say on the situation!

Would love to see him back, but from his SSN interview looks like cardiff is more likely. Still a premiership quality player in my opinion though so sure he''ll find a new club.

OTBC

Am sure he''s do wonders for our team "all in it together" spirit. Then again I was sure I''d win the lottery last week. ;)

I remeber a couple of years ago when he said that Norwich was the only club that he felt at home at. The only club where the fans really did like him, and he would definantly like to return towards the end of his career. If we can make a deal with Man City to maybe pay half of his wages for a season-long loan. I would love to have him here, especially due to the lack of strikers at the club

We may dream that this could happen but if it did we all know, deep down, that it''d quickly turn into a nightmare.There''s no doubt that Bellamy is a brilliant footballer but his head has never been right at any of his numerous clubs, including Norwich. Even if he were to come here on a free transfer and play for us for nothing it wouldn''t be long before there''d be unrest in the dressing room. Right now things are looking pretty settled at Carrow Road and Bellamy doesn''t do settled.Sad but true...

[quote user="......and Smith must score."]We may dream that this could happen but if it did we all know, deep down, that it''d quickly turn into a nightmare.There''s no doubt that Bellamy is a brilliant footballer but his head has never been right at any of his numerous clubs, including Norwich. Even if he were to come here on a free transfer and play for us for nothing it wouldn''t be long before there''d be unrest in the dressing room. Right now things are looking pretty settled at Carrow Road and Bellamy doesn''t do settled.Sad but true...[/quote]I think Bellars has a bit of an unfair reputation for this, and certainly in the last 3 years since leaving Liverpool appears to have matured a lot. He has made a bit of a dramatic statement by saying he will quit football if he doesn''t make Man City''s 25 but I''m sure this is just to force their hand a bit to allow him to move on loan for reduced wages or risk losing him to retirement and not being able to sell him in January. I don''t think he''ll go to Cardiff or come here (although I would love to have him back, he would tear this league apart!), or even Celtic. There are a couple of Prem teams (Blackpool, Stoke and maybe Bolton) that look like they are not going to name 25 senior pros in their squads to take advantage of the players from Man City and Spurs who don''t make the 25 being made avaliable for loan. I do feel sorry for him really, he has been consistantly one of Man City best performers since going there but beacuase he is not a ''big name'' that excites rich Arabs he''s going to be dumped by them in favour of a foreign player untested in English football.I can see Championship clubs benifitting from the new ruling by picking up players over 21 not named in the 25 by middle to lower end Premier League teams

I can see him joining Fulham TBH. He has played under Sparky at two clubs (Blackburn and Man City) and I think he will want to join up with him again. What a partnership Bella''s and Holt would be though!!!!!