Sign in to follow this  
hucks@dh6.co.uk

Gillingham match report on www.dh6.co.uk

Yeah, good stuff, and pretty much how I saw things.I can never believe when people criticise Chris Martin, as I think he''s going to be a top, top player for us this season, I think a few people are unwilling to forget a few of his dafter moments when he was younger.Central defence showed improvement, but you''re right, they need to up their game by a fair way.

Nice write-up, agree with most of the points.

Can''t believe I''m about to agree with Morty (it won''t happen again, your honour) but I also think that the slating Martin sometimes gets is unfathomable. He''s one of our own, young and extremely talented.

As an aside, if you''re reading Hucks, you''re the biggest legend this Football Club has ever seen. Keep up the good work and good luck with the charity.

[quote user="morty"]Yeah, good stuff, and pretty much how I saw things.

I can never believe when people criticise Chris Martin, as I think he''s going to be a top, top player for us this season, I think a few people are unwilling to forget a few of his dafter moments when he was younger.

Central defence showed improvement, but you''re right, they need to up their game by a fair way.
[/quote]

Totally agree Morty, I think Chrissy Martin is the best finisher we have had at the club for a long time - and he is one of our own. He has improved tenfold since playing regularly last season, and his set pieces are getting pretty damn good too! With a little more greed i reckon he could push Holt for the top scorer at the club. With these two playing like this, makes me wonder where exactly Jackson fits into this.

And at the back, it''ll probably get classed as more Nelson bashing, but he seems to be the only weak link. R Martin played much better tonight, looked more like his controlled self and was good going forward, bit suspect at time with his decision making though. Drury a class act as usual, and Ward shows his experience. I think i''d like to see Askou given a go at the back, but Lambert seems confident these are his best back two - as he gave Nelson the armband on friday.

I can''t believe there can be another club''s fans in the country who slate a young striker who has come through the ranks as much as our fans slate Chris Martin.

What a talent he is, 23 goals last season and a wide variety of goals too. He can score from anywhere and his free kicks are immense! He is still only 22 I think, so let''s give him the backing he deserves. He is actually more level headed than many people think and comes across well on interviews too.

Well done Chrissy and thanks for the report, Hucks. You Legend.

[quote user="Pabs"]I can''t believe there can be another club''s fans in the country who slate a young striker who has come through the ranks as much as our fans slate Chris Martin.

What a talent he is, 23 goals last season and a wide variety of goals too. He can score from anywhere and his free kicks are immense! He is still only 22 I think, so let''s give him the backing he deserves. He is actually more level headed than many people think and comes across well on interviews too.

Well done Chrissy and thanks for the report, Hucks. You Legend.[/quote]

Mmm... who/where are these fans who "slate" Martin ? I haven''t read or heard any criticism of him for a long time. Anybody with half a footballing brain can see what a bright talent he is.

[quote user="Bogbrush"][quote user="Pabs"]I can''t believe there can be another club''s fans in the country who slate a young striker who has come through the ranks as much as our fans slate Chris Martin.

Well done Chrissy and thanks for the report, Hucks. You Legend.[/quote]

Mmm... who/where are these fans who "slate" Martin ? I haven''t read or heard any criticism of him for a long time. Anybody with half a footballing brain can see what a bright talent he is.[/quote]There are still a fair few who brand him lazy, and as soon as he doesn''t score for a game or two, watch them reappear.

"think he''s going to be a top, top player for us this season"

Cheers for that top, top comment Jamie Redknapp... a top, top comment, from a top top poster, on a top, top board.