Sign in to follow this  
Bryangunnshairline

our club is driving the working class fans away

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

Well, that''s it then....The club isn''t driving the working class fans away....The club hasn''t introduced a dress-code yet.

But, I''ve certainly made my savings elsewhere....I don''t purchase a programme - as they only end up as placebo loft insulation.  I rarely buy club merchandise - unless I really, really, have to.....and I don''t buy any munchies or drinks in the stadium....and haven''t done so - for as long as I can remember.

I drink before and after the game where it''s cost-effective, and eat where it''s good value.... and sometimes where my season ticket gets me 20% off.

Is the football value for money? Well, I pay £500+ and to me, that''s more than ample for the present product...

I also claimed my rebate - and we still got promoted....RESULT!

[/quote]

I think what Mello''s written here sums up well the feelings of most City fans.

I too have virtually given up buying programmes, especially at home, as half of them never get read and the loft is in serious danger of collapse from the weight of them balanced on the creaking rafters. Perhaps they''d make better insulation if we had them shredded first ?

As I mentioned earlier on this thread I''m rarely tempted by the food and drink fare on offer in the ground unless I''ve had a drink or two beforehand. It''s not that the food is poor - the standard has improved a lot since Delia became involved - but it''s just so damned expensive. I''m not pleading poverty here but the prices, coupled with the fight to get to the counter through the heaving throng, just puts me off.

My seat in the Jarrold costs £450, just a shade under £20 per game. It''s directly opposite the Directors Box and the view is virtually as seen on TV, so, atmosphere or lack of it aside, I think that''s a pretty reasonable deal. One plus from my point of view is that there''s no concessions in that particular Block so I get to watch the match with mainly others of a certain age and that suits me fine.

Oh, and now that Mello''s opened up the rebate can of worms again, yes, I''m one of the unmentionables who claimed mine too.......

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Cluck"]Christ almighty... we just get over the ''Saviour Delia'' crap and now we''re crowning the new boardroom bunch as god-like.Head out of arse time Mort and realisation that the club are just after our money and basically couldn''t give a toss about the fan in the stands. We are a necessary evil required to fund Delia''s toy-box.... whoever the front man may now appear to be.Nothing has changed at NCFC and it won''t do until Smith is gone.[/quote]My heads not in my arse, of course I know they only want our money.Your Delia fixation is tiresome lol.[/quote]As Mort rhymes with penis... I rest my case.

Late joiner.

20550 season tickets tell the club there is a demand ,so they can charge a premium for the rest. What would you rather have? A ground full of fans who can afford it, or a discount system which didn''t meet the clubs financial means?

There is no competition for the club to force them to discount, and until our financial fortunes improve, no chance of price cuts. Football is a vicious circle - invest to succeed - success forces up demand and prices. Success ultimately brings higher costs. Can''t have it all ways.

Maybe when we''ve been succesful enough to afford a bigger stadium there will be more spacer for cheaper casual seats, but while we fill this one, prices will be at a premium.

[quote user="Cluck"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Cluck"]Christ almighty... we just get over the ''Saviour Delia'' crap and now we''re crowning the new boardroom bunch as god-like.Head out of arse time Mort and realisation that the club are just after our money and basically couldn''t give a toss about the fan in the stands. We are a necessary evil required to fund Delia''s toy-box.... whoever the front man may now appear to be.Nothing has changed at NCFC and it won''t do until Smith is gone.[/quote]My heads not in my arse, of course I know they only want our money.Your Delia fixation is tiresome lol.[/quote]As Mort rhymes with penis... I rest my case.[/quote]Yup, you got me there, a well earned victory my avian foe.

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Houston Canary"]It shocks me to see morty has gotten something right for once. Regardless what is paid for single game tickets, the season ticket holder shows more loyalty by committing his money well BEFORE knowing how good the end product is. Others can jump on and off the bandwagon at will. Big props to the season ticket holders. Even morty.[/quote]No he''s wrong imo Houston, all it proves is that some fans have more money than others or less call on their income than others............and its going to get worse, not better.[/quote]But if you pay for your season ticket via the monthly Direct Debit scheme, it''s barely more expensive than buying a casual ticket for one game a month...

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Cluck"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Cluck"]Christ almighty... we just get over the ''Saviour Delia'' crap and now we''re crowning the new boardroom bunch as god-like.Head out of arse time Mort and realisation that the club are just after our money and basically couldn''t give a toss about the fan in the stands. We are a necessary evil required to fund Delia''s toy-box.... whoever the front man may now appear to be.Nothing has changed at NCFC and it won''t do until Smith is gone.[/quote]My heads not in my arse, of course I know they only want our money.Your Delia fixation is tiresome lol.[/quote]As Mort rhymes with penis... I rest my case.[/quote]Yup, you got me there, a well earned victory my avian foe.[/quote]GOD I missed you.......... [;)]

[quote user="Houston Canary"]No it shows the level of commitment, FW. morty has paid for what may turn out to be a shower of shix. He will be at the next game. 1000s of others who were thinking of going held onto their money after the Friday debacle. That is not loyalty.

The whole ''what about the poor'' arguement is a straw dog. It was pointed out prices are consistent with wages. Maybe wanting to go to games might inspire the few destitute supporters to improve their lot in life. As such, raising prices could be seen as community aid.[/quote]A lot of people don''t buy season tickets because they might work Saturdays, like I have the last 3 seasons, everytime I had a Saturday off, I''d be at the game, home or away, I clocked up 11 away games last year and 14 home games, does that make me less of a fan than season ticket holders? Because I can guarantee I spent a lot more than the average season ticket holder. I have a season ticket this year because I can guarantee Saturdays off now but I think your argument is totally flawed, because I''m a die hard Norwich fan but I haven''t previously had a season ticket, it doesn''t make me less of a fan than a season ticket holder, in fact, it makes me more of a fan because I spent more on home tickets than what a season ticket costs, so you season ticket holders should hang your heads in shame ;)

People don''t have a problem with the season ticket prices, it''s the huge

rise in adult ticket prices for casual tickets plus a £1.50 booking fee

on top. If the club can sell the stadium out for every league game at those high prices then fair enough, but if the stadium is NOT sold-out each game then the club has got the

pricing wrong, and the million quid spent on installing the extra seats

will have been a waste of money and added to the debt.

Ellis, there are exceptions to thr rule. But why don''t you just buy a season ticket and give or sell the one for games you can''t make?

Does ncfc gain money spent on away games?

[quote user="tom cavendish"]People don''t have a problem with the season ticket prices, it''s the huge

rise in adult ticket prices for casual tickets plus a £1.50 booking fee

on top. If the club can sell the stadium out for every league game at those high prices then fair enough, but if the stadium is NOT sold-out each game then the club has got the

pricing wrong, and the million quid spent on installing the extra seats

will have been a waste of money and added to the debt.[/quote] Technically not true. If crowd levels only remain the same as last season, the club will still be making a lot more money by virtue of the ticket price increases.i.e. 5,000 casual tickets at £24 makes £30,000 more per match than when we were charging £18.£30,000 for 23 home games is more or less £700k over a season.

[quote user="tom cavendish"]People don''t have a problem with the season ticket prices, it''s the huge rise in adult ticket prices for casual tickets plus a £1.50 booking fee on top.

If the club can sell the stadium out for every league game at those high prices then fair enough, but if the stadium is NOT sold-out each game then the club has got the pricing wrong, and the million quid spent on installing the extra seats will have been a waste of money and added to the debt.
[/quote]

A million quid spent on installing extra seats.............where did that come from?

[quote user="tom cavendish"][quote user="Matt Juler"]Just done a little reseach over my lunch break into ticket prices.  For the 12 Championship matches this weekend, here are the adult prices for home areas:

Barnsley v Crystal Palace
Grade C: £15 all areas

Derby v Cardiff
Platinum: £28-£33 advance purchase
£1 per ticket booking fee

Doncaster v Bristol City
Category 2: £22-£25
50p booking fee in person, £1 online.  Additional 50p for ticket postage if required

Ipswich v Burnley
Grade B: £26-£36 advance purchase
£1 per transaction booking fee (members and season ticket holder exempt)

Leicester v Middlesbrough
Platinum: £28-£37
Via ticketmaster, so bound to be some kind of booking fee!

Millwall v Hull
Unable to find details on the Millwall site, however Hull fans are being charged £22

Nottm Forest v Leeds United
No Grade: £23-£28
£1 per ticket plus £1 per transaction booking fee

Portsmouth v Reading
No Grade: £18-£23

Scunthorpe v Norwich
Grade B: £20-£32

Sheff Utd v QPR
Grade B: £22-£25

Swansea v Preston
Grade B: £20-£25

Watford v Coventry
No Grade: £25-£30 advance purchase
£1 phone, 50p online per ticket booking fee

As can be seen, many clubs have tickets in the £30+ bracket, plus booking fees are often per ticket, not transaction as is the case at Norwich.
[/quote]

That makes the Norwich v Watford ticket prices look very expensive. Scunthorpe v Norwich for £20 seems a good price considering it''s their 1st home game, they have a small stadium and Norwich should take a good following.
[/quote]

It is £24 for City fans in as you described a small ground at Scunny but then again i suppose merely posting about £20 tickets suits your slant on things.Interestingly you have chosen to ignore the fact that Watford are charging £30 at their game against Coventry when naughty Norwich charged a whole £ more for the Watford fixture.[;)]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="ron obvious"]
Blimey, Wiz spent 8% + of his earnings on chocolate? What would that be today? He must have been made of the stuff.
A chocolate brain would explain a lot ........

[/quote]Err, I was still at middle school![/quote]And what a waste of time that was! [;)][/quote]

He has sustificuts to prove it Lapp[:D]

[quote user="morty"]
There is a point, that is pretty factual though, that someone who is committing to pay to go to every single game this season, regardless of whether they miss games, and regardless of how the team is playing, is showing more loyalty and financial commitment to the club.

Thats pretty much a fact, whether I would choose to throw it in someone''s face is open to debate.
[/quote]

Morty I disagree completely. Just because you have a season ticket doesn''t mean your more loyal. Which of the two following scenarios is more loyal:

Person A - Lives in Norwich can leave home at 2:30pm arrive in time for kick-off and be home by 5:15pm. Season ticket costs £400

Person B - Lives 3 hours away from Norwich. Needs to leav hom by 11 am at the latest and doesn''t get home until after 8pm. Cost of just ticket and travel comes £80. Makes 10 games a season.

I would strongly argue that is probably more loyal as while they may not get to as many games they are commiting more time (more hours if not more days) and greater finances.

Davo

[quote user="Davo"]

[quote user="morty"]There is a point, that is pretty factual though, that someone who is committing to pay to go to every single game this season, regardless of whether they miss games, and regardless of how the team is playing, is showing more loyalty and financial commitment to the club.Thats pretty much a fact, whether I would choose to throw it in someone''s face is open to debate.[/quote]

Morty I disagree completely. Just because you have a season ticket doesn''t mean your more loyal. Which of the two following scenarios is more loyal:

Person A - Lives in Norwich can leave home at 2:30pm arrive in time for kick-off and be home by 5:15pm. Season ticket costs £400

Person B - Lives 3 hours away from Norwich. Needs to leav hom by 11 am at the latest and doesn''t get home until after 8pm. Cost of just ticket and travel comes £80. Makes 10 games a season.

I would strongly argue that is probably more loyal as while they may not get to as many games they are commiting more time (more hours if not more days) and greater finances.

Davo

[/quote]Whilst I take your point, I was talking in terms of providing funds, directly up front, without even seeing the quality of the product on offer. Its not a point about loyalty in respect for your love of your team. I stated that I would never throw it in someone''s face, just for the scenario you mentioned above, I understand that logistically people cannot get to every game.Perhaps I was more talking about the fan who only chooses to go when we are playing well.[:)]

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="ron obvious"]
Blimey, Wiz spent 8% + of his earnings on chocolate? What would that be today? He must have been made of the stuff.
A chocolate brain would explain a lot ........

[/quote]Err, I was still at middle school![/quote]And what a waste of time that was! [;)][/quote]

He has sustificuts to prove it Lapp[:D]

[/quote]As you''re technically my chairman now Til (awaiting membership card) I shall tone down my reply.

*@** &*U* "£**"* [;)]

[quote user="morty"]Perhaps I was more talking about the fan who only chooses to go when we are playing well.[/quote]Well that''s simple… there are words for that. Try "Glory Hunter"Avoids the whole loyalty issue nicely too.

Davo, how much of that money goes to the team? Wouldn''t the most loyal of fans refuse to live far from CR? Why do you make a full day commitment sound like work? I think the travel time would be great fun.

[quote user="Houston Canary"]Davo, how much of that money goes to the team? Wouldn''t the most loyal of fans refuse to live far from CR? Why do you make a full day commitment sound like work? I think the travel time would be great fun.[/quote]Then you need to familiarise yourself with roads in and out of Norwich. Frucking nightmare journeys at any time of day! Hence the ''work'' angle I''d imagine!

[quote user="Houston Canary"]Davo, how much of that money goes to the team? Wouldn''t the most loyal of fans refuse to live far from CR? Why do you make a full day commitment sound like work? I think the travel time would be great fun.[/quote]Oh absolutely, Houston.[:D] There is really nothing quite as joyful as being on the quaintly non-dualled section of the A11, watching the clouds overtake your stationary vehicle...[;)]

I''ve tried to join this thread but am unable to detrmine if I''m working class or not. What is the criteria for being working class?

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Houston Canary"]Davo, how much of that money goes to the team? Wouldn''t the most loyal of fans refuse to live far from CR? Why do you make a full day commitment sound like work? I think the travel time would be great fun.[/quote]

Oh absolutely, Houston.[:D] There is really nothing quite as joyful as being on the quaintly non-dualled section of the A11, watching the clouds overtake your stationary vehicle...[;)]

[/quote]

Stuck behind a tractor a combine harvester, a little old lady who can''t see over the wheel of her 4X4 and behind some smart arse in a left hand drive who thinks he''s on the Katy freeway[;)]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

I''ve tried to join this thread but am unable to detrmine if I''m working class or not. What is the criteria for being working class?

[/quote]

Calling the bin man Sir

Getting pumped up with your buddies is great fun unless they are all duds, regardless of traffic. Why not take the bus? Getting to the game is or can be half the fun.

[quote user="Houston Canary"]Getting pumped up with your buddies is great fun unless they are all duds, regardless of traffic. Why not take the bus? Getting to the game is or can be half the fun.[/quote]

What a strange lot come from the dominions!

Thanks Houston but I was just hoping at long last I could find out what class I am. If you''re not working class does it mean you don''t work? Are you retired? Or just lazy??