Sign in to follow this  
Bryangunnshairline

our club is driving the working class fans away

[quote user="morty"][quote user="tom cavendish"][quote user="morty"][quote user="AndyJR"][quote user="morty"][quote user="AndyJR"]Let''s get rid of the NHS whilst we''re at it.  Surely those who have money have worked harder and therefore should be treated first.  There are some very strange undertones on this thread. [/quote]Last time I checked Norwich City isn''t a government funded institution lol.Football is an entertainment, and if its one someone can''t afford, then they can''t go. The same applies to people carping on about losing Sky sports news off freeview, if you either can''t or don''t want to stump up the cash, then its kinda tough.And I''m not being elitist here, I''m not even working class right now lol.Its simple economics, if you can''t afford something, you can''t have it.[/quote]Its simple economics, if you can''t afford something, you can''t have it.Don''t you see that''s my point but whilst you tend to go with the ''that''s what it costs'', I tend to ask why.  As you well know I''m a big liberalist that believes there is enough for all in life let alone football.  If we run by the rule of affordibility (and sorry I had to use such an obviously argument) then we may as well be drones.  Surely doing what''s right has to come into it at some point?  The club has to remember it''s roots.  [/quote]Okay then, lets just stay "little old Norwich" and never have any success then, that suit you better? Good football costs money, if the club decided to stick to some sort of charitable status then we can''t complain when we slide down the leagues, can we? Or do you want your cake and eat it?[/quote]But there comes a point whereby putting the prices up means lower attendances so you don''t make any more money (than charging less and getting higher attendances).[/quote]Obviously, and I would expect the likes of McNally to know pretty much where that point is. [/quote]And the point people are making is that the Watford game went just over that tipping point.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Fraz"]I don''t think it will drive us away but we might pick the games we go to a bit more carefully, and we''ll probably go to fewer games which will reduce the attendance.  for example the next home game against Swansea is again £30 a ticket, as I casual ticket buyer I will probably give it a miss and go to the home game after against Barnsley as I expect it to be £25.It not about being able to afford £30 a game, its more a case of the consumer assessing whats good value for money, If we got to play at wembley I''d happily pay £50-80 a ticket because as a fan that would be a price worth paying, but £30 for a game against watford which I can watch on Sky which I already pay for is not value for money in anyones book, but I''ll pay £30 this season without a blink of an eye to watch the derby which is also on tv but there is nothing like the atmosphere of a derby game and thats why it is always a sellout.I think the club can get away with charging higher prices for these casual ticket but need to make sure they pick the right games, not to get too greedy otherwise it will drive fans away.I think if you are a season ticket holder on this post, it is easy for you to say that raising the prices for casual tickets is justified but your not paying £30 a game and if you season ticket jumped up to £600 you would be on here moaning too.I think you will find that there will be a significant rise in season ticket prices next season and those that pay monthly may find interest added as they are more business minded now.  [/quote]On the season ticket point though, its about guaranteed income. A season ticket holder is paying for every single game for the entire season, utterly regardless of the team playing well, and that is why they are rewarded with lower prices. I personally don''t think they will meddle with this too much, as they know they are in a fantastic position regarding ST numbers.[/quote]I don''t disagree with season ticket holder getting a better deal on ticket, as you would expect a discount buying in bulk, I think from a business perspective, It could be seen by a consultancy company as too good a deal getting around a 33% discount on ticket prices.time will tell.

[quote user="tom cavendish"][quote user="morty"][quote user="tom cavendish"][quote user="morty"][quote user="AndyJR"][quote user="morty"][quote user="AndyJR"]Let''s get rid of the NHS whilst we''re at it.  Surely those who have money have worked harder and therefore should be treated first.  There are some very strange undertones on this thread. [/quote]Last time I checked Norwich City isn''t a government funded institution lol.Football is an entertainment, and if its one someone can''t afford, then they can''t go. The same applies to people carping on about losing Sky sports news off freeview, if you either can''t or don''t want to stump up the cash, then its kinda tough.And I''m not being elitist here, I''m not even working class right now lol.Its simple economics, if you can''t afford something, you can''t have it.[/quote]Its simple economics, if you can''t afford something, you can''t have it.Don''t you see that''s my point but whilst you tend to go with the ''that''s what it costs'', I tend to ask why.  As you well know I''m a big liberalist that believes there is enough for all in life let alone football.  If we run by the rule of affordibility (and sorry I had to use such an obviously argument) then we may as well be drones.  Surely doing what''s right has to come into it at some point?  The club has to remember it''s roots.  [/quote]Okay then, lets just stay "little old Norwich" and never have any success then, that suit you better? Good football costs money, if the club decided to stick to some sort of charitable status then we can''t complain when we slide down the leagues, can we? Or do you want your cake and eat it?[/quote]But there comes a point whereby putting the prices up means lower attendances so you don''t make any more money (than charging less and getting higher attendances).[/quote]Obviously, and I would expect the likes of McNally to know pretty much where that point is. [/quote]And the point people are making is that the Watford game went just over that tipping point.[/quote]I don''t think that is the case at all. It was never going to sell out, for reasons stated previously. And how many category A matches will there be in a season? 4 or 5?

[quote user="Fraz"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Fraz"]I don''t think it will drive us away but we might pick the games we go to a bit more carefully, and we''ll probably go to fewer games which will reduce the attendance.  for example the next home game against Swansea is again £30 a ticket, as I casual ticket buyer I will probably give it a miss and go to the home game after against Barnsley as I expect it to be £25.It not about being able to afford £30 a game, its more a case of the consumer assessing whats good value for money, If we got to play at wembley I''d happily pay £50-80 a ticket because as a fan that would be a price worth paying, but £30 for a game against watford which I can watch on Sky which I already pay for is not value for money in anyones book, but I''ll pay £30 this season without a blink of an eye to watch the derby which is also on tv but there is nothing like the atmosphere of a derby game and thats why it is always a sellout.I think the club can get away with charging higher prices for these casual ticket but need to make sure they pick the right games, not to get too greedy otherwise it will drive fans away.I think if you are a season ticket holder on this post, it is easy for you to say that raising the prices for casual tickets is justified but your not paying £30 a game and if you season ticket jumped up to £600 you would be on here moaning too.I think you will find that there will be a significant rise in season ticket prices next season and those that pay monthly may find interest added as they are more business minded now.  [/quote]On the season ticket point though, its about guaranteed income. A season ticket holder is paying for every single game for the entire season, utterly regardless of the team playing well, and that is why they are rewarded with lower prices. I personally don''t think they will meddle with this too much, as they know they are in a fantastic position regarding ST numbers.[/quote]I don''t disagree with season ticket holder getting a better deal on ticket, as you would expect a discount buying in bulk, I think from a business perspective, It could be seen by a consultancy company as too good a deal getting around a 33% discount on ticket prices.time will tell.[/quote]Is that an actual figure, or a guess? As I really haven''t bothered to work out how much each game costs me. I don''t think it can be underestimated though really, I have committed to a product that I have no idea of the quality of. Also if, for whatever reason I can''t make a match then they still have my money. I think that from a football clubs point of view, having all that money up front, before a ball is even kicked is massively important in being able to work out your playing budget. I expect the price to rise, but I think they will be very careful about by just how much.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="tom cavendish"][quote user="morty"][quote user="tom cavendish"][quote user="morty"][quote user="AndyJR"][quote user="morty"][quote user="AndyJR"]Let''s get rid of the NHS whilst we''re at it.  Surely those who have money have worked harder and therefore should be treated first.  There are some very strange undertones on this thread. [/quote]Last time I checked Norwich City isn''t a government funded institution lol.Football is an entertainment, and if its one someone can''t afford, then they can''t go. The same applies to people carping on about losing Sky sports news off freeview, if you either can''t or don''t want to stump up the cash, then its kinda tough.And I''m not being elitist here, I''m not even working class right now lol.Its simple economics, if you can''t afford something, you can''t have it.[/quote]Its simple economics, if you can''t afford something, you can''t have it.Don''t you see that''s my point but whilst you tend to go with the ''that''s what it costs'', I tend to ask why.  As you well know I''m a big liberalist that believes there is enough for all in life let alone football.  If we run by the rule of affordibility (and sorry I had to use such an obviously argument) then we may as well be drones.  Surely doing what''s right has to come into it at some point?  The club has to remember it''s roots.  [/quote]Okay then, lets just stay "little old Norwich" and never have any success then, that suit you better? Good football costs money, if the club decided to stick to some sort of charitable status then we can''t complain when we slide down the leagues, can we? Or do you want your cake and eat it?[/quote]But there comes a point whereby putting the prices up means lower attendances so you don''t make any more money (than charging less and getting higher attendances).[/quote]Obviously, and I would expect the likes of McNally to know pretty much where that point is. [/quote]And the point people are making is that the Watford game went just over that tipping point.[/quote]I don''t think that is the case at all. It was never going to sell out, for reasons stated previously. And how many category A matches will there be in a season? 4 or 5?[/quote]It would have sold out if the casual adult price had been significanly lower and they could have afforded to do that (and make more money) because they must have only sold about 1,000 casual tickets at adult prices to Norwich fans.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Fraz"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Fraz"]I don''t think it will drive us away but we might pick the games we go to a bit more carefully, and we''ll probably go to fewer games which will reduce the attendance.  for example the next home game against Swansea is again £30 a ticket, as I casual ticket buyer I will probably give it a miss and go to the home game after against Barnsley as I expect it to be £25.It not about being able to afford £30 a game, its more a case of the consumer assessing whats good value for money, If we got to play at wembley I''d happily pay £50-80 a ticket because as a fan that would be a price worth paying, but £30 for a game against watford which I can watch on Sky which I already pay for is not value for money in anyones book, but I''ll pay £30 this season without a blink of an eye to watch the derby which is also on tv but there is nothing like the atmosphere of a derby game and thats why it is always a sellout.I think the club can get away with charging higher prices for these casual ticket but need to make sure they pick the right games, not to get too greedy otherwise it will drive fans away.I think if you are a season ticket holder on this post, it is easy for you to say that raising the prices for casual tickets is justified but your not paying £30 a game and if you season ticket jumped up to £600 you would be on here moaning too.I think you will find that there will be a significant rise in season ticket prices next season and those that pay monthly may find interest added as they are more business minded now.  [/quote]On the season ticket point though, its about guaranteed income. A season ticket holder is paying for every single game for the entire season, utterly regardless of the team playing well, and that is why they are rewarded with lower prices. I personally don''t think they will meddle with this too much, as they know they are in a fantastic position regarding ST numbers.[/quote]I don''t disagree with season ticket holder getting a better deal on ticket, as you would expect a discount buying in bulk, I think from a business perspective, It could be seen by a consultancy company as too good a deal getting around a 33% discount on ticket prices.time will tell.[/quote]Is that an actual figure, or a guess? As I really haven''t bothered to work out how much each game costs me. I don''t think it can be underestimated though really, I have committed to a product that I have no idea of the quality of. Also if, for whatever reason I can''t make a match then they still have my money. I think that from a football clubs point of view, having all that money up front, before a ball is even kicked is massively important in being able to work out your playing budget. I expect the price to rise, but I think they will be very careful about by just how much.[/quote]the figues are rough bases on season ticket costing around £400 and the £600 if you were to pay casual ticket price (about £26 per game, to work it out accurately I would need to know the grading for every game for the season).it would be interesting to know what the average discount for season tickets in the championship is.The tweeks have already been made, it £3.50 a pint in lower barclay, pritty sure they are all season ticket holdersthe bottom line is, if the club thinks they can get away with it they will. only success will kill this thread.

[quote user="tom cavendish"][quote user="morty"][quote user="tom cavendish"][quote user="morty"][quote user="tom cavendish"][quote user="morty"][quote user="AndyJR"][quote user="morty"][quote user="AndyJR"]Let''s get rid of the NHS whilst we''re at it.  Surely those who have money have worked harder and therefore should be treated first.  There are some very strange undertones on this thread. [/quote]Last time I checked Norwich City isn''t a government funded institution lol.Football is an entertainment, and if its one someone can''t afford, then they can''t go. The same applies to people carping on about losing Sky sports news off freeview, if you either can''t or don''t want to stump up the cash, then its kinda tough.And I''m not being elitist here, I''m not even working class right now lol.Its simple economics, if you can''t afford something, you can''t have it.[/quote]Its simple economics, if you can''t afford something, you can''t have it.Don''t you see that''s my point but whilst you tend to go with the ''that''s what it costs'', I tend to ask why.  As you well know I''m a big liberalist that believes there is enough for all in life let alone football.  If we run by the rule of affordibility (and sorry I had to use such an obviously argument) then we may as well be drones.  Surely doing what''s right has to come into it at some point?  The club has to remember it''s roots.  [/quote]Okay then, lets just stay "little old Norwich" and never have any success then, that suit you better? Good football costs money, if the club decided to stick to some sort of charitable status then we can''t complain when we slide down the leagues, can we? Or do you want your cake and eat it?[/quote]But there comes a point whereby putting the prices up means lower attendances so you don''t make any more money (than charging less and getting higher attendances).[/quote]Obviously, and I would expect the likes of McNally to know pretty much where that point is. [/quote]And the point people are making is that the Watford game went just over that tipping point.[/quote]I don''t think that is the case at all. It was never going to sell out, for reasons stated previously. And how many category A matches will there be in a season? 4 or 5?[/quote]It would have sold out if the casual adult price had been significanly lower and they could have afforded to do that (and make more money) because they must have only sold about 1,000 casual tickets at adult prices to Norwich fans.[/quote]You don''t know that it would have sold out, unless you have a crystal ball.It was a game on a Friday night, that was on Sky, during the school holidays so at least some fans would be away. Oh and I believe that we ended up with the second highest attendance in the Championship anyway.

[quote user="Brendo "][quote user="morty"][quote user="tom cavendish"][quote user="morty"]Whilst  I completely get what you''re saying, as I struggle myself, but football is an expensive business, and if we want success, we have to finance it.
[/quote]

There were thousands of empty seats for the game against Watford which suggests they made the tickets too expensive. They could have made more money if they had lowered the prices and sold more tickets.
[/quote]

We have been through this so many times on here, worked out the numbers, but its really not the case.
[/quote]
24,500 x £32 = £784,000
27,000 x £25 = £675,000

You''re right. [:(] However with the added fans buying stuff in the bars? Actually no, the price would need to be £29.07 for them to make more than if it was the price it is now.

[:(]
[/quote]

Capacity - 27000

Season tickets sold - 20500

Remaining tickets available for sale - 6500

Available tickets actually sold (attendance 24000) - 3500

3500 x £32 - £112000

Had all availalable tickets been sold at £25 - 6500 x £25 - £162500

so had we sold all available tickets at £25 rather that fewer at £32 we would have generated an extra £50500. Plus a whole load more on catering etc.

(you can prove anything with the power of maths...)

[quote user="GRFC"]

[quote user="Brendo "][quote user="morty"][quote user="tom cavendish"][quote user="morty"]Whilst  I completely get what you''re saying, as I struggle myself, but football is an expensive business, and if we want success, we have to finance it.[/quote]There were thousands of empty seats for the game against Watford which suggests they made the tickets too expensive. They could have made more money if they had lowered the prices and sold more tickets.[/quote]We have been through this so many times on here, worked out the numbers, but its really not the case.[/quote]24,500 x £32 = £784,00027,000 x £25 = £675,000You''re right. [:(] However with the added fans buying stuff in the bars? Actually no, the price would need to be £29.07 for them to make more than if it was the price it is now. [:(][/quote]

Capacity - 27000

Season tickets sold - 20500

Remaining tickets available for sale - 6500

Available tickets actually sold (attendance 24000) - 3500

3500 x £32 - £112000

Had all availalable tickets been sold at £25 - 6500 x £25 - £162500

so had we sold all available tickets at £25 rather that fewer at £32 we would have generated an extra £50500. Plus a whole load more on catering etc.

(you can prove anything with the power of maths...)

[/quote]But to prove your point you have to track down every single Norwich City fan and ask them why they didn''t go to the game on Friday. The reasons that we only managed to get the second highest attendance of the weekend (!) have already been stated in this thread. You have no way of knowing how many people were put off by the price and stayed away.

Don''t forget to add in how Watford fans who were put off by the price, last time they brought circa 1500.

My point is Friday night, live TV, never grade A!!

But.......24,000 was still a great crowd......my 3 seats were empty but only as I am on holiday in Thailand......all Championship games are on free TV out here.

Oh for crying out loud, cut the working class crap.Football is about money, same as anything else.  Golf is now played by "working class" people, but it costs cash for the gear, membership etc.  It is the same with any sport,  watching or playing.NCFC is 25 million in debt - it needs every penny it can get and the fans are its main income stream  What else can they do.If you are so hard up that you need to moan aout paying an extra 50p for a drink then I would suggest you have biger problems to worry about.

So because the club is 25 million in debt its ok for them to add on £1.50 for booking a ticket over the phone? Get a grip.

What about how the club has previously been badly looked after that has put us in this position? So because the likes of neil doncaster and co we the fans have to bail the club out? makes me sick.

what about families that would have to fork out well over £100 for a day out? Personally I can afford it but its the way the club are going about things that I dont like. Will be interesting to see if they have made more profit or not from food and drink this season compared to last.

Our club gets themselves into debt and us the fans have to try and bail the club out.

[quote user="Bryangunnshairline"]So because the club is 25 million in debt its ok for them to add on £1.50 for booking a ticket over the phone? Get a grip.

What about how the club has previously been badly looked after that has put us in this position? So because the likes of neil doncaster and co we the fans have to bail the club out? makes me sick.

what about families that would have to fork out well over £100 for a day out? Personally I can afford it but its the way the club are going about things that I dont like. Will be interesting to see if they have made more profit or not from food and drink this season compared to last.

Our club gets themselves into debt and us the fans have to try and bail the club out.[/quote]So do we buy a time machine, and go back and change things, and at the same time give nasty Mr Doncaster a jolly good telling off?Or just say "Sod it" and let the club fold and go support someone else.Or maybe sit with out arms folded, and expect someone else to swoop in and subsidise our cuddly, community based "little old Norwich" days out?Or realise that if we want a football team that can compete at the highest level then we need to pay the going rate?

not at all just pointing out the fact that it always goes back to the fans.

I tel you what im doing. Im going to eat and drink else where before a game from now on where I get value for money and get someone in norwich to collect my away tickets so I dont have to pay the booking fee.

I would happily pay abit more for my season ticket next season but not on beer because its not value for money. Its a crap pint when the pumps are working and you can get a nicer pint for less 5 mins away.

My point here is if others think sod it I will eat and drink elsewhere then surely the club will lose out?

[quote user="ſilly ſauſage"][quote user="morty"]I think some of you better read this :-http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1057573/As-credit-crunch-deepens-QPR-bring-50-Championship-ticket.html[:)][/quote]''The base price has not changed. You can still get a ticket for £20''
[/quote]My point is more that this is an example of another clubs idea of what the going rate is, which serves to illustrate that our club is taking a reasonably common sense view on pricing compared to some.Another good example is the price of Ipswich season tickets, and the detrimental effect this has had on renewals.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Bryangunnshairline"]So because the club is 25 million in debt its ok for them to add on £1.50 for booking a ticket over the phone? Get a grip.

Our club gets themselves into debt and us the fans have to try and bail the club out.[/quote]So do we buy a time machine, and go back and change things, and at the same time give nasty Mr Doncaster a jolly good telling off?Or just say "Sod it" and let the club fold and go support someone else.Or maybe sit with out arms folded, and expect someone else to swoop in and subsidise our cuddly, community based "little old Norwich" days out?Or realise that if we want a football team that can compete at the highest level then we need to pay the going rate?[/quote]I can see where you are coming from Morty , and if the fans are prepared to pay the extra thats great promblem solved. But if like me the watford game would have cost me  over a £100 to expensive for me to attend, i don''t mind the adult prices so much it''s the kids prices where i think the club could cut it a little lower . It''s a hard one to get right TBH and i think with the current climate as it is with money generally ,any  price rise is going to hurt the avarage family when deciding what you are going to spend your money on.

[quote user="Bryangunnshairline"]not at all just pointing out the fact that it always goes back to the fans.

I tel you what im doing. Im going to eat and drink else where before a game from now on where I get value for money and get someone in norwich to collect my away tickets so I dont have to pay the booking fee.

I would happily pay abit more for my season ticket next season but not on beer because its not value for money. Its a crap pint when the pumps are working and you can get a nicer pint for less 5 mins away.

My point here is if others think sod it I will eat and drink elsewhere then surely the club will lose out?[/quote]Its all about choice. I very rarely have a beer at the ground, I buy my kids sweets and drinks from Morrissons. People will still pay the prices, just look at the queues at half time at the refreshment kiosks.Yes it is all about the fans, always has been. Norwich city is a big football shop where we all go to buy footy. But the difference is that, unlike other shops, if we find a cheaper one elsewhere we are unlikely to go and shop there.We may moan and groan, but we''ll still pay the prices.

[quote user="Tony from southrepps"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Bryangunnshairline"]So because the club is 25 million in debt its ok for them to add on £1.50 for booking a ticket over the phone? Get a grip.

Our club gets themselves into debt and us the fans have to try and bail the club out.[/quote]So do we buy a time machine, and go back and change things, and at the same time give nasty Mr Doncaster a jolly good telling off?Or just say "Sod it" and let the club fold and go support someone else.Or maybe sit with out arms folded, and expect someone else to swoop in and subsidise our cuddly, community based "little old Norwich" days out?Or realise that if we want a football team that can compete at the highest level then we need to pay the going rate?[/quote]I can see where you are coming from Morty , and if the fans are prepared to pay the extra thats great promblem solved. But if like me the watford game would have cost me  over a £100 to expensive for me to attend, i don''t mind the adult prices so much it''s the kids prices where i think the club could cut it a little lower . It''s a hard one to get right TBH and i think with the current climate as it is with money generally ,any  price rise is going to hurt the avarage family when deciding what you are going to spend your money on.[/quote]My youngest lad''s season ticket cost £93.50 in the upper Barclay, which works out at £4.07 per game. Oldest lad''s was £173, which works out at £7.52 per game.I don''t think thats bad value really.

Well said, OP. I can''t disagree with any of your post. It seems only five minutes ago when I could pay about £50 for a season ticket to stand on the lower Barclay terrace (not much more than 20 years ago, in fact) - now it''s not far short of 50 notes for one sodding game!Ridiculous!

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Bryangunnshairline"]not at all just pointing out the fact that it always goes back to the fans. I tel you what im doing. Im going to eat and drink else where before a game from now on where I get value for money and get someone in norwich to collect my away tickets so I dont have to pay the booking fee. I would happily pay abit more for my season ticket next season but not on beer because its not value for money. Its a crap pint when the pumps are working and you can get a nicer pint for less 5 mins away. My point here is if others think sod it I will eat and drink elsewhere then surely the club will lose out?[/quote]

Its all about choice. I very rarely have a beer at the ground, I buy my kids sweets and drinks from Morrissons. People will still pay the prices, just look at the queues at half time at the refreshment kiosks.

Yes it is all about the fans, always has been. Norwich city is a big football shop where we all go to buy footy. But the difference is that, unlike other shops, if we find a cheaper one elsewhere we are unlikely to go and shop there.

We may moan and groan, but we''ll still pay the prices.
[/quote]

And Morty hits the nail on the head.

To put it in more economic terms it is to do with price elasticity, the "product" on sale at Carrow Road is unique in the world, the chance to watch Norwich City play football. This means that people will be prepared to pay extra to see it. The club know this and will quite happily try to maximise profits, we can all do quick sums to work out if it has worked or not, but the true test is whether the next game on a similar grade will be cheaper or not.

Norwich have spent years building up a strong fan base with cheap kids tickets, family friendly club etc etc. All this wasn''t being done to be nice, but was being done so one day they could start to take a little bit more money from a very loyal fans base. McNally and co seem to have decieded that the time is now. Makes sense, as we just won a league and the club are riding the crest of a wave (quite a small wave, but a crest is a crest).

The harsh reality is that Norwich don''t really care what class their fans our, just that they give the club the most amout of revenue possible, given that Norwich and Norfolk are fairly middle class areas, this is where the most potential is and the game day experience will be geared towards them.

[quote user="Dan Druff"]Well said, OP. I can''t disagree with any of your post. It seems only five minutes ago when I could pay about £50 for a season ticket to stand on the lower Barclay terrace (not much more than 20 years ago, in fact) - now it''s not far short of 50 notes for one sodding game!Ridiculous![/quote]In 1957, I use to pay 6d, (two and a half pence) to stand in the River End, with a 3d transfer to the City stand if wet.

The Wensum Stand with cushion was 7/6 (35p)

My choccy bill was dearer back then.

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="Dan Druff"]Well said, OP. I can''t disagree with any of your post. It seems only five minutes ago when I could pay about £50 for a season ticket to stand on the lower Barclay terrace (not much more than 20 years ago, in fact) - now it''s not far short of 50 notes for one sodding game!Ridiculous![/quote]In 1957, I use to pay 6d, (two and a half pence) to stand in the River End, with a 3d transfer to the City stand if wet.

The Wensum Stand with cushion was 7/6 (35p)

My choccy bill was dearer back then.

[/quote]

I love it, Wiz. I can''t remember 1957 because I wasn''t even a stirring in my parents'' loins then.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Tony from southrepps"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Bryangunnshairline"]So because the club is 25 million in debt its ok for them to add on £1.50 for booking a ticket over the phone? Get a grip.

Our club gets themselves into debt and us the fans have to try and bail the club out.[/quote]So do we buy a time machine, and go back and change things, and at the same time give nasty Mr Doncaster a jolly good telling off?Or just say "Sod it" and let the club fold and go support someone else.Or maybe sit with out arms folded, and expect someone else to swoop in and subsidise our cuddly, community based "little old Norwich" days out?Or realise that if we want a football team that can compete at the highest level then we need to pay the going rate?[/quote]I can see where you are coming from Morty , and if the fans are prepared to pay the extra thats great promblem solved. But if like me the watford game would have cost me  over a £100 to expensive for me to attend, i don''t mind the adult prices so much it''s the kids prices where i think the club could cut it a little lower . It''s a hard one to get right TBH and i think with the current climate as it is with money generally ,any  price rise is going to hurt the avarage family when deciding what you are going to spend your money on.[/quote]My youngest lad''s season ticket cost £93.50 in the upper Barclay, which works out at £4.07 per game. Oldest lad''s was £173, which works out at £7.52 per game.I don''t think thats bad value really.[/quote]Very good value for a season ticket holder infact excellent., i am on about the casual fan who does not have the luxury of being able to attend every game as i have work commitments on several saturdays.

[quote user="ref89"]Oh for crying out loud, cut the working class crap.Football is about money, same as anything else.  Golf is now played by "working class" people, but it costs cash for the gear, membership etc.  It is the same with any sport,  watching or playing.NCFC is 25 million in debt - it needs every penny it can get and the fans are its main income stream  What else can they do.If you are so hard up that you need to moan aout paying an extra 50p for a drink then I would suggest you have biger problems to worry about.[/quote]Bingo… there you go… and that is what is so utterly wrong with the state of the game across the globe.It did used to be an affordable form of entertainment but since the advent of the Premier League it has become less so and this is reflected in the comparitively expensive cost of tickets both on a season or casual basis.If you compare the cost of an average ticket to watch a football game as opposed to other forms of popular entertainment, they are far more expensive and far less likely to guarantee a positive outcome than a ticket for the theatre, opera, cinema, gig etc… and for less duration. As far as value for money goes it is at the bottom of the pile.The reason that clubs like Norwich are 25 million in debt is because of the extortionate amounts of money commanded by players, managers and agents. The days of the local businessman running the clubs (Watling, South, Chase etc) are so long gone that only a complete and utter failure of Sky and the Premier League will see their return. Of course clubs have failed long before Sky came along (cue the memories of the blanket collections at Carrow Road)… Accrington Stanley etc etc, but the amount of money going to the players and their representatives is the main reason. It is only since the advent of The Premier League have we seen such a high number of clubs go into administration. Heaven forbid that one should be allowed to disappear completely?! Football must be the only business that doesn''t allow complete failure of a business model to end in a winding up order and see it through to dissolvement.When my Uncle hung up his boots, after a relatively long career, he had to go out to work amongst the people that used to cheer him on when he played for Brum, Norwich, Watford etc. There wasn''t millions stashed away in an offshore account and the baby Bentley was more likely to be an Austin Cambridge (second-hand).  His equivalent nowadays would in all honesty never have to even contemplate working ever again. He was a very good player, almost made an international squad, but was no Greaves. Even the greats like Greaves had to find work at the end of his career… yet we laud even mdiocre players, the likes of Phil Neville for instance, and pay them sums of money that far outweigh their talents… that can''t be right by any stretch of the imagination.Only when football goes completely tits up will this imbalance be redressed… until then it is sadly like it or lump it. At the moment I can afford to pay those prices, but my pals that always go with me can''t… and so we watched Friday''s game on TV. A soulless experience, especially listening to the very negative commentary (most misplaced I hasten to add).I know we are 25 mill in debt… but ratcheting up prices when we are deeply in an economic mire does not feel like astute business to me. Results will need to be above average on the pitch for people to continue to support on a casual basis I would imagine.I don''t know how many other teams allow the offset of payments against season tickets in the same way that Norwich do? Most, I would imagine but have not done any research to back this up. This certainly helps ease the burden of funding your continued participation and support… and for that the board should be warmly congratulated, but I for one feel a wee bit uncomfortable with this rounding up. Season ticket pricing will be most interesting… get it wrong and you could see the 20,000 become 15,000 in an instant.

People on here keep going on about a Season Ticket being Very good value for money, I think we are all agreed on this point that they do represent exceptional value, I think the original point of this thread was the vast increase in Casual match tickets will drive fans away.

Looking at increases, Grade A games have only increased by around 16% for an adult ticket, it is the Grade B (which majority of games will be) that has had a 36% hike for adults and the over 60s ticket which my dad is has gone from £12 last year to £21 this season - 75% increase.

Casual supports have the capacity to contribute to 32% of the clubs ticket revenue, they are also more likely to buy a programme and food at the kiosks as it is more of a day out than a regular routine.

Rating Watford & Swansea as grade A will only make us casual supporters think more carefully about the games we go to & it will be intersting how many empty seats there are at the Swansea game.

[quote user="Fraz"]

People on here keep going on about a Season Ticket being Very good value for money, I think we are all agreed on this point that they do represent exceptional value, I think the original point of this thread was the vast increase in Casual match tickets will drive fans away.

Looking at increases, Grade A games have only increased by around 16% for an adult ticket, it is the Grade B (which majority of games will be) that has had a 36% hike for adults and the over 60s ticket which my dad is has gone from £12 last year to £21 this season - 75% increase.

Casual supports have the capacity to contribute to 32% of the clubs ticket revenue, they are also more likely to buy a programme and food at the kiosks as it is more of a day out than a regular routine.

Rating Watford & Swansea as grade A will only make us casual supporters think more carefully about the games we go to & it will be intersting how many empty seats there are at the Swansea game.

[/quote]I agree, thats a fair old increase. But, as far as I know, we are still pretty cheap compared to a lot of teams in this division, and we will never be able to compete with them if we consistently short change ourselves. Maybe we have had it too good for too long, which is precisely, despite getting good crowds, we are so much in debt.

People complaining about kids prices? KIDS FOR A QUID TOMORROW?!?! [:D]

And i''m sure there''ll be some more matches which are kids for a quid. If it bothers you that much, be more selective with the games you go to because in my view, someone else will be there to snap up your ticket [:)]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Fraz"]

[/quote]

I agree, thats a fair old increase. But, as far as I know, we are still pretty cheap compared to a lot of teams in this division, and we will never be able to compete with them if we consistently short change ourselves. Maybe we have had it too good for too long, which is precisely, despite getting good crowds, we are so much in debt.
[/quote]

It will be interesting to see what the season ticket prices are next season, as it is the only thing left, to increase the revenue, I think it will be driven by how well we do on the pitch, if we have a poor season but stay in the championship, there will be a minumul increase as some fans wont renew but there will probably be enough to take there place.  If we have a good season and our playing good football and push for the play-off but still stay in the championship I think at this point Mcnally will try a hike in season ticket prices.

Obviously if we were to get in the premier league we would see a large increase & a freeze if we went down again.