Sign in to follow this  
Syteanric

why i love this message board

2 weeks ago : - "paul Lambert is the greatest human being to have ever lived"10pm Friday - Paul Lambert is an idiot!we lose the first game of the season and everyone thinks its a disaster. Lets worry if were are winless after 10 games shall we?people here have some strange expectations of the club, we arent going to spend our way to the premiership and shook look at consolidation this season, Lambert knows what he is doing and is the best manager we have had here since Walker, ok so we lost 1 game. but its ONE game, if we go out and win tonight and saturday then embrake on a 15 match unbeaten run there will still be people baying for blood.Lets see who this seasons "donkey" will be.. someone who will play well but will be chastised because its something to do.. thats the Norwich way isnt it?

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]Lets see who this seasons "donkey" will be.. someone who will play well but will be chastised because its something to do.. thats the Norwich way isnt it?[/quote]Looks like Doherty has passed the baton on to R Martin in that respect looking at this board on Saturday morning....

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]Lets see who this seasons "donkey" will be.. someone who will play well but will be chastised because its something to do.. thats the Norwich way isnt it?[/quote]Looks like Doherty has passed the baton on to R Martin in that respect looking at this board on Saturday morning....[/quote]he will have 45 man of the match performances this season now.. will win player of the year, Sign for Chelsea in a 40 million pound deal and will still be seen as "terrible" on here.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]2 weeks ago : - "paul Lambert is the greatest human being to have ever lived"

10pm Friday - Paul Lambert is an idiot!

we lose the first game of the season and everyone thinks its a disaster. Lets worry if were are winless after 10 games shall we?

people here have some strange expectations of the club, we arent going to spend our way to the premiership and shook look at consolidation this season, Lambert knows what he is doing and is the best manager we have had here since Walker, ok so we lost 1 game. but its ONE game, if we go out and win tonight and saturday then embrake on a 15 match unbeaten run there will still be people baying for blood.

Lets see who this seasons "donkey" will be.. someone who will play well but will be chastised because its something to do.. thats the Norwich way isnt it?
[/quote]I don''t recall anyone saying that, did you make it up?

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]2 weeks ago : - "paul Lambert is the greatest human being to have ever lived"10pm Friday - Paul Lambert is an idiot!we lose the first game of the season and everyone thinks its a disaster. Lets worry if were are winless after 10 games shall we?people here have some strange expectations of the club, we arent going to spend our way to the premiership and shook look at consolidation this season, Lambert knows what he is doing and is the best manager we have had here since Walker, ok so we lost 1 game. but its ONE game, if we go out and win tonight and saturday then embrake on a 15 match unbeaten run there will still be people baying for blood.Lets see who this seasons "donkey" will be.. someone who will play well but will be chastised because its something to do.. thats the Norwich way isnt it?[/quote]Well... I for one remain as positive as ever.

It''s hilarious! absolutely hilarious.I actually saw a topic on here earlier that was titled ''Is Scunthorpe a must win game?''.. I didn''t bother reading it for fear that it was serious. But part of me wishes I had done as I reckon it could have been a funny piss take of all the mongs on here.DOOMED... WE''RE ALL DOOMED I TELL YOU!! [img]http://home.btconnect.com/rdi/frazer.jpg[/img]

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]2 weeks ago : - "paul Lambert is the greatest human being to have ever lived"

10pm Friday - Paul Lambert is an idiot!

we lose the first game of the season and everyone thinks its a disaster. Lets worry if were are winless after 10 games shall we?

people here have some strange expectations of the club, we arent going to spend our way to the premiership and shook look at consolidation this season, Lambert knows what he is doing and is the best manager we have had here since Walker, ok so we lost 1 game. but its ONE game, if we go out and win tonight and saturday then embrake on a 15 match unbeaten run there will still be people baying for blood.

Lets see who this seasons "donkey" will be.. someone who will play well but will be chastised because its something to do.. thats the Norwich way isnt it?
[/quote]I don''t recall anyone saying that, did you make it up?[/quote]

Nope, he didn''t make it up.

It is a little excessive at times, however I think it can be attributed to two things.1) A lot of the comments were heat of the moment stuff. Like you said, 10pm Friday, there were a few negative posts about the team''s performance and how we weren''t good enough, etc. This is mainly due to the fact that many of us (though not all), including myself, expected us to beat a seemingly weak Watford side. 2) We don''t like to lose. Which is actually a good thing in my opinion. You can look at this in one of two ways. You can look at the likes of the Leeds or Newcastle fans, who basically expect massive things from their clubs and if they aren''t challenging for European spots in the Premiership, they aren''t happy. Or, you can look at it purely from a competitive point of view with how most people are in sports, they don''t like to lose and want to do as well as they possibly can. It doesn''t mean we expect miracles, or have a divine right to be a Premiership club, we just want to see the team do well, but not to the excessive, stupid and unrealistic nature of the aforementioned fans of other clubs.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]2 weeks ago : - "paul Lambert is the greatest human being to have ever lived"10pm Friday - Paul Lambert is an idiot!we lose the first game of the season and everyone thinks its a disaster. Lets worry if were are winless after 10 games shall we?people here have some strange expectations of the club, we arent going to spend our way to the premiership and shook look at consolidation this season, Lambert knows what he is doing and is the best manager we have had here since Walker, ok so we lost 1 game. but its ONE game, if we go out and win tonight and saturday then embrake on a 15 match unbeaten run there will still be people baying for blood.Lets see who this seasons "donkey" will be.. someone who will play well but will be chastised because its something to do.. thats the Norwich way isnt it?[/quote]

errr, I don''t recall anyone calling Lambert an idiot. More and more fans are starting to question some of his decisions as opposed to being slaves to the silly In Lambert We Trust dogma but I certainly don''t recall reading any post in which the Lambert is described as an idiot. proof please.