Sign in to follow this  
norfolkbroadslim

Volunteers wanted for Gills game???

[quote user="NCFC-47"]You get a free ticket for the game[/quote]So 3 hours work, for a 12 quid ticket?Thats not even minimum wage lol.

[quote user="morty"]I presume "volunteer" means "unpaid" lol.They can shove that.[/quote]That''s pretty much the exact meaning of the word ''volunteer''. Yes........[8-)]

Even if the club has been let down badly by a recruitment agency, or there is an illness sweeping through the staff at Carrow Road, they could still have gone to another recruitment agency.  I am assuming something unexpected must have happened for the club to be asking for volunteers the day before a match.  And even then, why volunteers (I find that quite worrying)?

Even if the club allowed the ''volunteers'' to watch the game in some capacity or another and gave them a free drink.  Come on City, don''t alientate the fans, first rounding up prices etc, then this.

[quote user="Unhinged Canary"][quote user="morty"]I presume "volunteer" means "unpaid" lol.They can shove that.[/quote]That''s pretty much the exact meaning of the word ''volunteer''. Yes........[8-)][/quote]noun

a person who voluntarily offers himself or herself for a service or undertaking.

a person who performs a service willingly and without pay.

Military .

a person who enters the service voluntarily rather than through conscription or draft, esp. for special or temporary service rather than as a member of the regular or permanent army.

Law .

a.

a person whose actions are not founded on any legal obligation so to act.

b.

a person who intrudes into a matter that does not concern him or her, as a person who pays the debt of another where he or she is neither legally nor morally bound to do so and has no interest to protect in making the payment.One of the meanings, the phrase "Unpaid volunteer" would have been more specific.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Unhinged Canary"][quote user="morty"]I presume "volunteer" means "unpaid" lol.They can shove that.[/quote]That''s pretty much the exact meaning of the word ''volunteer''. Yes........[8-)][/quote]noun

a person who voluntarily offers himself or herself for a service or undertaking.

Military .

a person who enters the service voluntarily rather than through conscription or draft, esp. for special or temporary service rather than as a member of the regular or permanent army.

Law .

a.

b.

a person who intrudes into a matter that does not concern him or her, as a person who pays the debt of another where he or she is neither legally nor morally bound to do so and has no interest to protect in making the payment.One of the meanings, the phrase "Unpaid volunteer" would have been more specific.

[/quote]While you''re there Morts, look up the word ''context''....... [;)]

[quote user="Unhinged Canary"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Unhinged Canary"][quote user="morty"]I presume "volunteer" means "unpaid" lol.They can shove that.[/quote]That''s pretty much the exact meaning of the word ''volunteer''. Yes........[8-)][/quote]noun

Military .

Law .

a.

b.

[/quote]While you''re there Morts, look up the word ''context''....... [;)][/quote]No.You''re not the boss of me.[;)]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Unhinged Canary"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Unhinged Canary"][quote user="morty"]I presume "volunteer" means "unpaid" lol.

They can shove that.
[/quote]

That''s pretty much the exact meaning of the word ''volunteer''. Yes........

[8-)]
[/quote]

noun

Military . a person who enters the service voluntarily rather than through conscription or draft, esp. for special or temporary service rather than as a member of the regular or permanent army.

Law .

a.

b.

a person who intrudes into a matter that does not concern him or her, as a person who pays the debt of another where he or she is neither legally nor morally bound to do so and has no interest to protect in making the payment.

One of the meanings, the phrase "Unpaid volunteer" would have been more specific.

[/quote]

While you''re there Morts, look up the word ''context''....... [;)]
[/quote]

No.

You''re not the boss of me.

[;)]
[/quote]

[IMG]http://sharetv.org/images/whos_the_boss-show.jpg[/IMG]

It seems rather an unusual request from the club?

Have archant delved into the reason behind the club''s short notice request for volunteers for the game tomorrow?

I regularly volunteer to help the needy...... This is simply taking the p1ss.......

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

Even if the club has been let down badly by a recruitment agency, or there is an illness sweeping through the staff at Carrow Road, they could still have gone to another recruitment agency.  I am assuming something unexpected must have happened for the club to be asking for volunteers the day before a match.  And even then, why volunteers (I find that quite worrying)?

Even if the club allowed the ''volunteers'' to watch the game in some capacity or another and gave them a free drink.  Come on City, don''t alientate the fans, first rounding up prices etc, then this.

[/quote]

Looks suspiciously like another of McNally''s cost cutting/revenue generating schemes. 

Sits nicely amongst: £1.50 ticket booking fees, no more ticket refunds, £50 to reprint lost season tickets, inflated & rounded up refreshment prices, £1 fee to get into a smaller than usual open day, etc etc.

I feel sorry for the people who have lost their jobs who are now being replaced by volunteers. I already dislike McNasty, we should all be very afraid of how far he''ll go with all this.... 

Let''s just hold on a tick for one cotton picking minute. You are talking about the same person here that basically sorted us out off the pitch, and got us back into the Championship effectively with some of his decisions. Let us not forget what he''s done for this club before we are so quick to criticise. He''s the man, quite frankly. I love the bloke. Don''t want a price overhaul? Fine, we''ll just struggle in the Championship and go right back to where we were for the 2008/09 season, staring into the barrel of a gun. This is a Tuesday night league cup tie against Gillingham. There won''t even be a full house in attendance. To be honest, there''s not much need for full ticketing staff anyway. Please, lets not get carried away eh? In fact, why not volunteer yourselves? If the free ticket thing is true, then why not go for it? I''m not in the City tommorow, but otherwise I''d actually consider it if that were the case.As I''ve pointed out in another thread as well, it''s a nothing game really. The league is our bread and butter. A cup run would be nice, but we''re never going to win it until a sheik comes along.

[quote user="morty"]Lol, talk is cheap.[/quote]This directed at me? If you mean my "I''d do it myself but..." comment, I appreciate it how it looks, alas I won''t go into a detailed discussion about why I''m not around tommorow night. But the last thing I want to be known as is someone who can''t back up his words. I''ll happily do it, providing the free ticket thing is true!

I am with you Barclaystand - I thought we had left the tinpot league behind years ago.

All this penny pinching is just ****ing me off now.

I doubt all these costs eben pay for one players wages.

I would not mind but the debt just never goes down.

I think McT*at ought to step up the hunt for investors rather than all this cost cutting.

Yes I know McT*at bought in Lambert, but how long are we going to hold him up on a pedistall for that.

[quote user="barclaystand"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

[/quote]

Looks suspiciously like another of McNally''s cost cutting/revenue generating schemes. 

Sits nicely amongst: £1.50 ticket booking fees, no more ticket refunds, £50 to reprint lost season tickets, inflated & rounded up refreshment prices, £1 fee to get into a smaller than usual open day, etc etc.

I feel sorry for the people who have lost their jobs who are now being replaced by volunteers. I already dislike McNasty, we should all be very afraid of how far he''ll go with all this.... 

[/quote]

Not only have the club done the above, they also have the gall to ask for volunteers! It''s like, we''ll screw you on prices, but then be asking you to volunteer when we need you.  Excellent PR, what a great strategy for winning over the fans.

I have a request for you David McNally, you are well paid for what you do, will you volunteer to help out with ticketing etc tonight?

The club keep saying how great, and loyal the fans are, which we are, but there is only so far we can be pushed.

Firstly, I wouldn''t really say McNally is well paid for what he does. If he were to do a similar role at a similar sized company outside the football world, I''m sure he''d be paid quite a bit more.

Secondly, this reminds me of a trip to Birmingham a few years ago, I think it was in the league cup too. There was a balls up in their ticket office which left lots of people waiting fore tickets as the game kicked off, when I got to the front of the queue it was none other than Karen Brady helping out in there. I don''t think you should be so quick to assume that McNally would not do the same.

How short are everybody''s memories? Can you not remember Doncaster? Can you not remember the reasons why we ended up in our lowest position for 60 years? McTw*t? SERIOUSLY?!

If you''re complaining about cost cutting etc - then you have no right to complain if we don''t spend money on strengthening the team.

Just guessing, but my take is as follows... On a normal match day there are very few tickets bought for the game, most people visiting the ticket office are season ticket holders after upgrades etc., or people buying away tickets.  Tonight every single person has to have a paper ticket.  Knowing that it wont be a full house, why bother buying in advance, so the club are expecting a much larger the normal number of people wanting to buy/collect tickets, hence the request for volunteers.

Makes perfect sense to me.

Some people would love to work ''behind the scenes'' at the club for a couple of hours. At 8pm, get a free ticket to match (at no real extra cost to club)

At half-time they will probably spend half that on the extortionate pasties, pies and drinks available...hense the club is win-win. And the fans have ''volunteered'' for it so they can''t really moan!