Sign in to follow this  
Stany

Grant Holt set to be sentenced....

Next month we will find out the punishment for our forward over his motoring offence.

He''ll get a fine, points and a slap on the wrist, why is there such a big deal being made out of this?  For gods sake people, it''s something that happens every day. [:|]

Jut to confirm, there is no chance he will go to Jail is there?

I would have thought a 6 point on his license and a hefty fine (because he earns a decent amount) will be the solution.

[quote user="Pabs"]Jut to confirm, there is no chance he will go to Jail is there?

I would have thought a 6 point on his license and a hefty fine (because he earns a decent amount) will be the solution.[/quote]It''s his first offence, he did try to clarify that he was the driver, he was only 9mph over the limit... if he gets time for that, I probably deserve about six years just for the cigarette butts I''ve dropped on the street this week...

[quote user="Coelho"][quote user="Pabs"]Jut to confirm, there is no chance he will go to Jail is there? I would have thought a 6 point on his license and a hefty fine (because he earns a decent amount) will be the solution.[/quote]
It''s his first offence, he did try to clarify that he was the driver, he was only 9mph over the limit... if he gets time for that, I probably deserve about six years just for the cigarette butts I''ve dropped on the street this week...
[/quote]

Point to note here, My daughter was clocked doing 37mph on Southtown rd Gt Yarmouth, She was given an option, Pay £60 fine and have 6 points or Pay £70 and go to  a driving school for a 4 hour awareness course and No points on licence. I think this is an option that is being given all over the country now

[quote user="pete_norw"]

[quote user="Coelho"][quote user="Pabs"]Jut to confirm, there is no chance he will go to Jail is there? I would have thought a 6 point on his license and a hefty fine (because he earns a decent amount) will be the solution.[/quote]
It''s his first offence, he did try to clarify that he was the driver, he was only 9mph over the limit... if he gets time for that, I probably deserve about six years just for the cigarette butts I''ve dropped on the street this week...
[/quote]

Point to note here, My daughter was clocked doing 37mph on Southtown rd Gt Yarmouth, She was given an option, Pay £60 fine and have 6 points or Pay £70 and go to  a driving school for a 4 hour awareness course and No points on licence. I think this is an option that is being given all over the country now

[/quote]

I apparently wasn''t allowed to take that option when I got caught doing 40MPH in a 30. A £60 fine and 3 points was what I had to take.

[quote user="NCFC_Shaun"][quote user="pete_norw"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I apparently wasn''t allowed to take that option when I got caught doing 40MPH in a 30. A £60 fine and 3 points was what I had to take.

[/quote]

did you ask about it or did you know about the option? 

It''s not the speeding that has caused the problem.

When a car is recorded over the limit, a form is sent to the registered owner asking for the name of the driver, which is not always the owner.

Grant Holt was in court because he failed to supply that information.  This is more serious than the speeding offence, but he won''t be sent to jail.

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

You only get that option in 30mph linits if you''re not more than 6 over the limit, I think. I was clocked doing 36 in a 30 mph limit and got that option. It was a speed awareness course from 10 - 4 near Crostwick, much better than having 3 pts on your license. They only offer you this once though in a 3 year period so I understand.

I rather think he could have saved all this hastle had he simply admitted it was him driving and taken the penalty.  Bit silly really.

There seems to be a lot of experts on this subject!

I suspect the magistrate will throw the book at Holt, Holt will bring it down neatly on his chest then volley it out of the window.

I don''t know if Archant are trying to make a martyr of Grant Holt or criticise him; either way this is an everyday incident and not worth the drama.

Holty did what we know him for last night and this little piece of private grief should be treated in the same way as that of any other private individual.

Move on!

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]There seems to be a lot of experts on this subject! I suspect the magistrate will throw the book at Holt, Holt will bring it down neatly on his chest then volley it out of the window. I don''t know if Archant are trying to make a martyr of Grant Holt or criticise him; either way this is an everyday incident and not worth the drama. Holty did what we know him for last night and this little piece of private grief should be treated in the same way as that of any other private individual. Move on![/quote]

Agreed.

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]So? 3 points isn''t the end of the world for most people. Unless you need it for a job or something. My Mum has 6 points, and she had to go on the course to avoid getting 9. Lol. [:P]