Sign in to follow this  
Bogbrush

What a shambles againts Watford !

What a poor performance. Lambert has had one year to sort out our defence and, apart from Drury, the defenders appeared clueless. I couldn''t believe how badly they performed and the midfield wasn''t much better either. As for Ruddy, well, what can you say ? Calamitous is probably an appropriate description of him and his performance. The scoreline 3-2 flattered us and IMO Watford could have scored six or, dare I say it, seven goals. Had Gunn been in charge the residents on this MB would have been swarming all over each other to be the most insulting. As for Simeon Jackson, early days of course, but hardly an inspired debut and I reckon good old Cody could beat him for pace. Poor choice IMO, Lambert should have gone for a big target man (Akinfenwa perhaps) because without Holt we look as threatening as a dead sheep. All in all, after the inevitable build-up of expectations, a thoroughly depressing Championship opener. Let''s hope that Lambert can replicate Gunn last year and motivate the team to bounce back tonight with a 4-0 victory and some scintillating football aka the away performance against Yeovil. I will be delighted if he does.

Akinfenwa?  That bit was a joke wasn''t it.

If Gunn(who got us relegated by the way) was so good maybe they should never have sacked him, that way we could be in league 2 now and Akinfenwa would be a good signing.

This topic appears to be a few days out...

Oh, and theres about 50 more saying the same further down the page [:D]

[quote user="hogesar"]

[/quote]

Be fair hogesar. Clearly it''s taken the OP three days to come up with such a measured and original response to Friday''s performance. I for one can''t wait for next Thursday when he gives us the lowdown on tonights game. True genius cannot be rushed.

[;)]

[quote user="Shack Attack"][quote user="hogesar"]

[/quote]

Be fair hogesar. Clearly it''s taken the OP three days to come up with such a measured and original response to Friday''s performance. I for one can''t wait for next Thursday when he gives us the lowdown on tonights game. True genius cannot be rushed.

[;)]

[/quote]Lol.Recently I am actually having trouble distinguishing between genuine stupidity, and people on a subtle wind up. This thread falls into that grey area for me.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Shack Attack"][quote user="hogesar"]

[/quote]

[;)]

[/quote]

Lol.

Recently I am actually having trouble distinguishing between genuine stupidity, and people on a subtle wind up. This thread falls into that grey area for me.
[/quote]

Heads or tails?

[quote user="Mustachio Furioso"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Shack Attack"][quote user="hogesar"]

[/quote]

[;)]

[/quote]Lol.Recently I am actually having trouble distinguishing between genuine stupidity, and people on a subtle wind up. This thread falls into that grey area for me.[/quote]

Heads or tails?

[/quote]Lol, I secretly know the answer.

I thought you made some very fair points Bogbrush. Trouble is that the old guard on here don''t like the unpalatable truth when it concerns their hero Lambert. As for Gunn getting the club relegated that''s been well covered on here in the past but of course Gunn was not responsible for our relegation to the old 3rd division - he took over in the January with little time left in the transfer window and no money to spend and a few months to reverse the club''s fortunes with a bunch of loanees and a few contract players none of whom were committed to the club. The underlying corrosive rot at the club had set in long before Gunn took over as manager and tried to save a sinking ship. Only the most simplistic and one-dimensional minds would pin the blame on Gunn. Lambert himself has openly stated that he inherited from Gunn a great group of players - and by the way, thank God Gunn bought Holt, where would Lambert''s team be without him I wonder. Unlike Gunn, Lambert has had the luxury of a full year in charge. Given the time and the money he has had to spend, I for one have severe reservations as to whether Lambert can step up and make the grade in the Championship. As a Norwich supporter I hope he does but Bogbrush was right to highlight his concerns over our dire defence, a less than convincing midfield and an even less than convincing attack when Holt is absent. As for last night, I am delighted that following a poor start by the team they managed a 4-1 win at home against 1st division Gillingham and made the scoreline pretty emphatic with a 90th minute 4th goal. The win compared fairly well with last year''s thumping 4-0 away win at Yeovil when of course Norwich were in the same division as Yeovil.

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]Is the legendary Bob Franklin back?[/quote]

Jesus,looks like there''s two of them!!!

[quote user="Alf Tupper"]I thought you made some very fair points Bogbrush. Trouble is that the old guard on here don''t like the unpalatable truth when it concerns their hero Lambert. As for Gunn getting the club relegated that''s been well covered on here in the past but of course Gunn was not responsible for our relegation to the old 3rd division - he took over in the January with little time left in the transfer window and no money to spend and a few months to reverse the club''s fortunes with a bunch of loanees and a few contract players none of whom were committed to the club. The underlying corrosive rot at the club had set in long before Gunn took over as manager and tried to save a sinking ship. Only the most simplistic and one-dimensional minds would pin the blame on Gunn. Lambert himself has openly stated that he inherited from Gunn a great group of players - and by the way, thank God Gunn bought Holt, where would Lambert''s team be without him I wonder. Unlike Gunn, Lambert has had the luxury of a full year in charge. Given the time and the money he has had to spend, I for one have severe reservations as to whether Lambert can step up and make the grade in the Championship. As a Norwich supporter I hope he does but Bogbrush was right to highlight his concerns over our dire defence, a less than convincing midfield and an even less than convincing attack when Holt is absent. As for last night, I am delighted that following a poor start by the team they managed a 4-1 win at home against 1st division Gillingham and made the scoreline pretty emphatic with a 90th minute 4th goal. The win compared fairly well with last year''s thumping 4-0 away win at Yeovil when of course Norwich were in the same division as Yeovil.[/quote]Speechless. [:O]

[quote user="Alf Tupper"]I thought you made some very fair points Bogbrush. Trouble is that the old guard on here don''t like the unpalatable truth when it concerns their hero Lambert. As for Gunn getting the club relegated that''s been well covered on here in the past but of course Gunn was not responsible for our relegation to the old 3rd division - he took over in the January with little time left in the transfer window and no money to spend and a few months to reverse the club''s fortunes with a bunch of loanees and a few contract players none of whom were committed to the club. The underlying corrosive rot at the club had set in long before Gunn took over as manager and tried to save a sinking ship. Only the most simplistic and one-dimensional minds would pin the blame on Gunn. Lambert himself has openly stated that he inherited from Gunn a great group of players - and by the way, thank God Gunn bought Holt, where would Lambert''s team be without him I wonder. Unlike Gunn, Lambert has had the luxury of a full year in charge. Given the time and the money he has had to spend, I for one have severe reservations as to whether Lambert can step up and make the grade in the Championship. As a Norwich supporter I hope he does but Bogbrush was right to highlight his concerns over our dire defence, a less than convincing midfield and an even less than convincing attack when Holt is absent. As for last night, I am delighted that following a poor start by the team they managed a 4-1 win at home against 1st division Gillingham and made the scoreline pretty emphatic with a 90th minute 4th goal. The win compared fairly well with last year''s thumping 4-0 away win at Yeovil when of course Norwich were in the same division as Yeovil.[/quote]You are hilarious! You really should share you words of wisdom more often. Now run along it''s time for your medicine. 

[quote user="Alf Tupper"]I thought you made some very fair points Bogbrush. Trouble is that the old guard on here don''t like the unpalatable truth when it concerns their hero Lambert. As for Gunn getting the club relegated that''s been well covered on here in the past but of course Gunn was not responsible for our relegation to the old 3rd division - he took over in the January with little time left in the transfer window and no money to spend and a few months to reverse the club''s fortunes with a bunch of loanees and a few contract players none of whom were committed to the club. The underlying corrosive rot at the club had set in long before Gunn took over as manager and tried to save a sinking ship. Only the most simplistic and one-dimensional minds would pin the blame on Gunn. Lambert himself has openly stated that he inherited from Gunn a great group of players - and by the way, thank God Gunn bought Holt, where would Lambert''s team be without him I wonder. Unlike Gunn, Lambert has had the luxury of a full year in charge. Given the time and the money he has had to spend, I for one have severe reservations as to whether Lambert can step up and make the grade in the Championship. As a Norwich supporter I hope he does but Bogbrush was right to highlight his concerns over our dire defence, a less than convincing midfield and an even less than convincing attack when Holt is absent. As for last night, I am delighted that following a poor start by the team they managed a 4-1 win at home against 1st division Gillingham and made the scoreline pretty emphatic with a 90th minute 4th goal. The win compared fairly well with last year''s thumping 4-0 away win at Yeovil when of course Norwich were in the same division as Yeovil.[/quote]

Thankyou Mr Gunn.

Must be quiet in the phone shop today.[:P] I still love you though.[Y]

[quote user="IncH_HigH "]

[quote user="Alf Tupper"]I thought you made some very fair points Bogbrush. Trouble is that the old guard on here don''t like the unpalatable truth when it concerns their hero Lambert. As for Gunn getting the club relegated that''s been well covered on here in the past but of course Gunn was not responsible for our relegation to the old 3rd division - he took over in the January with little time left in the transfer window and no money to spend and a few months to reverse the club''s fortunes with a bunch of loanees and a few contract players none of whom were committed to the club. The underlying corrosive rot at the club had set in long before Gunn took over as manager and tried to save a sinking ship. Only the most simplistic and one-dimensional minds would pin the blame on Gunn. Lambert himself has openly stated that he inherited from Gunn a great group of players - and by the way, thank God Gunn bought Holt, where would Lambert''s team be without him I wonder. Unlike Gunn, Lambert has had the luxury of a full year in charge. Given the time and the money he has had to spend, I for one have severe reservations as to whether Lambert can step up and make the grade in the Championship. As a Norwich supporter I hope he does but Bogbrush was right to highlight his concerns over our dire defence, a less than convincing midfield and an even less than convincing attack when Holt is absent. As for last night, I am delighted that following a poor start by the team they managed a 4-1 win at home against 1st division Gillingham and made the scoreline pretty emphatic with a 90th minute 4th goal. The win compared fairly well with last year''s thumping 4-0 away win at Yeovil when of course Norwich were in the same division as Yeovil.[/quote]

Thankyou Mr Gunn.

I still love you though.[Y]

[/quote]

Not if he carries on writing such tripe though?!

[quote user="Alf Tupper"]I thought you made some very fair points Bogbrush. Trouble is that the old guard on here don''t like the unpalatable truth when it concerns their hero Lambert. As for Gunn getting the club relegated that''s been well covered on here in the past but of course Gunn was not responsible for our relegation to the old 3rd division - he took over in the January with little time left in the transfer window and no money to spend and a few months to reverse the club''s fortunes with a bunch of loanees and a few contract players none of whom were committed to the club. The underlying corrosive rot at the club had set in long before Gunn took over as manager and tried to save a sinking ship. Only the most simplistic and one-dimensional minds would pin the blame on Gunn. Lambert himself has openly stated that he inherited from Gunn a great group of players - and by the way, thank God Gunn bought Holt, where would Lambert''s team be without him I wonder. Unlike Gunn, Lambert has had the luxury of a full year in charge. Given the time and the money he has had to spend, I for one have severe reservations as to whether Lambert can step up and make the grade in the Championship. As a Norwich supporter I hope he does but Bogbrush was right to highlight his concerns over our dire defence, a less than convincing midfield and an even less than convincing attack when Holt is absent. As for last night, I am delighted that following a poor start by the team they managed a 4-1 win at home against 1st division Gillingham and made the scoreline pretty emphatic with a 90th minute 4th goal. The win compared fairly well with last year''s thumping 4-0 away win at Yeovil when of course Norwich were in the same division as Yeovil.[/quote]Agreeing with yourself again?  Oh dear...

Youre forgetting one point.  Gunn''s role before he became manager was........

....head of player recruitment.  So the players that took us down were as much to do with Gunn as anyone else.

The man will always be a Norwich City legend.  Its just a shame he never became a good manager