Sign in to follow this  
Captain Fantastic

RIP Adam Stansfield

That''s tragic. Last I''d heard he was making a quick recovery, and hoping to play a part for Exeter as soon as possible.

Very, very sad news about a player who many in the game had kind words for.

R.I.P. Adam

very sad news to see someone lose their life at such a young age. Wierd to think that in January he was playing for Exeter against us and now hes passed away

Really sad news.  Puts everything into perspective.

When you think you physically fit this guy must have been, for this to happen at 31 really demonstrates how nothing is certain in this life. 

[quote user="PL"]Grave news that an Exeter City player has died tonight. I believe he was fighting a battle with cancer.
http://www.exetercityfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10436~2117958,00.html

Thoughts go out to his friends and family.[/quote]

to anyone who wishes to post a message of sympathy and support here is a link that a lot of exeter fans use many fans from different clubs have show messages of support for the tragic passing away of adam

http://www.exeweb.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40901

Very sad news. Didnt our very own Delias Devonshire Dirtbox go to school with him? Must have been a shock for you DDD.

RIP Adam Stansfieldreally sad and shocking news, My thoughts are with his family, friends and colleagues at Exeter City and i wish them all the best.

[quote user="Kathy"]Very sad news. Didnt our very own Delias Devonshire Dirtbox go to school with him? Must have been a shock for you DDD.[/quote]

Yeah sad news, lived in the same town and he was a year above me in school and always stood out playing football, so quick on the ball! Was only his last birthday i was having a drink and a convo about a Mr Gill with him, then not long after he got diagnosed. Leaves behind his girlfriend and their 3 boys [:(] Been a sad week as a mate was killed in a car crash early hours sun too, whole town is in shock and will be sinking a few in their honour this weekend.

I lost a work colleague who was also a good friend to the same dreadful disease. He was around the same age as Adam.....

So very sad.

RIP Adam, and my sympathy and condolences go to Adam''s Family and close friends.....

My thoughts and sympathies  to his family and loved ones.I always hoped he would net one whilst watching Soccer Saturday, just to hear Jeff Stelling say "Lisa''s Brother has scored again"RIP Adam

"I always hoped he would net one whilst watching Soccer Saturday, just to hear Jeff Stelling say "Lisa''s Brother has scored again"

I have been watching whilst this was said once

RIP adam, really is trajic what has happened.

RIP Adam, I went down to South West on a project over summer and happened to pass through Exeter and went for a look at their ground. On the far end there was a banner supporting him through his plight. Clearly loved by their supporters and will be a huge loss.

Sad sad news and puts football into perspective.