Sign in to follow this  
gissing canary

New York Canaries

I have seen people posting on here from NYC before. I am moving to NY and wondered if there are any good bars to catch the games. I am loathed to go to bars where they only focus on the big 4 playing ''soccer kick ball'', so any advice on decent establishments would be greatly appreciated as am gutted to be missing so many games of the season we return to the premier league!

Don''t hold your breath to watch Norwich (or any games that are not prem) over here, FSC (fox soccer channel) has mostly top division games from England, Italy, Spain, Germany and MLS, ESPN has games every now and again but once again  all top division or champions cup. The Guy who runs the NY Canaries seems a good lad, and the pub they have set up shop is called the George Keeley 485 Amsterd.am Avenue (between 83rd and 84th streets), NY, 10024. Tel: 212 873 0251

Not been there yet, but flly intend to go when I go to NY.

If you have sombody with a sky account that includes the sports, they can open an online account (so they can stream their sky to a pc).

Get a UK IP address hidemynet.com is the one i use (cost $10 a month), and roberts your mothers brother, you can watch sky, bbc, itv etc.

Hi Gissing,When you get here, email info@nycanaries.com and we''ll add you to our email list for events and live match info. We meet at the bar here often enough and I''m sure you''ll enjoy it--Plenty of Norwich memorabilia up on the walls. As for games, we get what sky gets and any betting site feeds.www.nycanaries.com

Also don''t rule out the net.

Type free live footy into google and your find a site that lets you watch all the live games.

I''ve been, it was a week night and the bar staff didn''t have a clue unfortunately. My friend and I were kitted out in Norwich hats and I was going to give them a Northern Canaries scarf to put on the wall. Obviously they already had one... Still, good bar.