Sign in to follow this  
ryan1992

Forest on sale

Absolutely gutted the game is in August, the tenancy on my house in Notts doesn''t start untill the 1st September so i''m living back in Norfolk for the time being. May still come up for the day, would have been awesome to organise a weekend in Notts with some mates but there you go.

I have been to the cricket at trent bridge lots and i know from that the parking is hard to find do anyone know where theres a close car park to the ground

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]Absolutely gutted the game is in August, the tenancy on my house in Notts doesn''t start untill the 1st September so i''m living back in Norfolk for the time being. May still come up for the day, would have been awesome to organise a weekend in Notts with some mates but there you go.
[/quote]I am in a similar position mate.

Actually not at all, but I can''t go! [:''(]

My Uncle, who is home from Australia for a few months, decided to get married that day! [:(] What a loser! Ahh shame, what''s the best way to get score updates on my phone? Any particular website for my phone, or just get a mate to text update me?

There is lots of street parking near Trent Bridge (near Forest''s ground), you just need to get there early. A few decent pubs around West Bridgford as well.

[quote user="NCFC1"]I have been to the cricket at trent bridge lots and i know from that the parking is hard to find do anyone know where theres a close car park to the ground[/quote]It`s quite good around Notts County`s ground. there`s loads of firms offering their car park for a few quid

[quote user="NCFC1"]I have been to the cricket at trent bridge lots and i know from that the parking is hard to find do anyone know where theres a close car park to the ground[/quote]are you coming from Norwich? if so - get the train. just booked my tickets - only cost me £30. nice walk from station to ground and you can have a couple of pints

[quote user="ryan1992"]

Just booked my tickets, hope to see a good amount of City fans go there, i remember going there when we lost 4-0 there and Hucks and Brennan ripped us apart![/quote]I remember that very well.  I was taking a car full to the game.  One person dropped out because he was sick.  Someone knew someone from work who wanted to go, so he bought the ticket. 

The guy was a bit of an idiot and was drinking all the way there and drunk by the time we arrived.  During the game he kept on jumping over the people in front of us shouting and swearing abuse at Hucks.  The stewards warned him, but he took no notice.  The police then warned him, again he took no notice.  He then got taken away by the police. 

After the game we asked a policeman where he would be.  The police told us as he was taken away first half, at half time he would have been taken to a cell at the station.  We left without him.  He was kept in overnight, and had to go back a few weeks later for a court appearance where he received a fine and community service.

[quote user="NCFC1"]I have been to the cricket at trent bridge lots and i know from that the parking is hard to find do anyone know where theres a close car park to the ground[/quote]You always try the park & ride, get the tram into the train station and then a decent walk down to the cricket/footy grounds.

[quote user="The Saturday Boy"][quote user="NCFC1"]I have been to the cricket at trent bridge lots and i know from that the parking is hard to find do anyone know where theres a close car park to the ground[/quote]
are you coming from Norwich? if so - get the train. just booked my tickets - only cost me £30. nice walk from station to ground and you can have a couple of pints
[/quote]

Or for £16 get the coach?

[quote user="SS"]There is lots of street parking near Trent Bridge (near Forest''s ground), you just need to get there early. A few decent pubs around West Bridgford as well.[/quote]......and for old saddos like me who like big jugs - of beer - Hooters has plenty going for it.

i''ve got a mate who literally lives 50yrds from the ground, plenty of good pubs around but AVOID the pub right next to the ground, they don''t even like nottm fans who aren''t members so away fans you can forget, pretty sure two norwich fans got some treatment there a few years back....plenty in town though and just get a bus to trent bridge, ones near the ground are rammed and most won''t let colours, good w/e though if you have time

[quote user="dhickl"][quote user="ryan1992"]

Just booked my tickets, hope to see a good amount of City fans go there, i remember going there when we lost 4-0 there and Hucks and Brennan ripped us apart![/quote]I remember that very well.  I was taking a car full to the game.  One person dropped out because he was sick.  Someone knew someone from work who wanted to go, so he bought the ticket. 

The guy was a bit of an idiot and was drinking all the way there and drunk by the time we arrived.  During the game he kept on jumping over the people in front of us shouting and swearing abuse at Hucks.  The stewards warned him, but he took no notice.  The police then warned him, again he took no notice.  He then got taken away by the police. 

After the game we asked a policeman where he would be.  The police told us as he was taken away first half, at half time he would have been taken to a cell at the station.  We left without him.  He was kept in overnight, and had to go back a few weeks later for a court appearance where he received a fine and community service.

[/quote]

Thanks for sharing that with us,what a wonderful enlightening story.[:@]

Can''t wait..meetin up with my mates from uni who support Forest before and after the game, will be in the away section for the match tho!

[quote user="Brendo "]

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]Absolutely gutted the game is in August, the tenancy on my house in Notts doesn''t start untill the 1st September so i''m living back in Norfolk for the time being. May still come up for the day, would have been awesome to organise a weekend in Notts with some mates but there you go.
[/quote]I am in a similar position mate.

Actually not at all, but I can''t go! [:''(]

My Uncle, who is home from Australia for a few months, decided to get married that day! [:(] What a loser! Ahh shame, what''s the best way to get score updates on my phone? Any particular website for my phone, or just get a mate to text update me?

[/quote]

Don''t blame your uncle. The bride chooses the date!

[quote user="CanaryRyan"]Does anyone know the away allocation for this game?[/quote]

Away fans allocation can be upto 4750!

[quote user="ryan1992"]

[quote user="CanaryRyan"]Does anyone know the away allocation for this game?[/quote]

Away fans allocation can be upto 4750!

[/quote]

I have just rang and booked mine and was told that thy have loads of tickets still left and a large allocation so would think 4750 would be about what we have got