Sign in to follow this  
walks on water

Am i reading this right?

''I don''t think you can have much complaint if the manager has plenty of money to spend - if you go out and spend over £1m on a player your finances are going to be limited after that and that was obviously more of a preferred option. That''s the way the cookie crumbles sometimes.''

So is Darel confirming the Wolves assertion that they got their money back on Surman.

£1.2 million wasn''t it? -Discounted by the remaining balance on Shackell?

I doubt Darel knows any better than the rest of us how much individual players cost. I guess he is going on the rumours.

Darel Russell was out of contract and therefore no longer on the playing staff, so I can''t see how he would have any more "inside information" on transfer fees etc. than anyone on this forum. So presumably he is going by the same rumours as the rest of us.

[quote user="Power Hamster"]Darel Russell was out of contract and therefore no longer on the playing staff, so I can''t see how he would have any more "inside information" on transfer fees etc. than anyone on this forum. So presumably he is going by the same rumours as the rest of us.
[/quote]

Except for the fact he knows almost all of the playing staff, a lot of the non-playing staff and his agent is in a much better place to find that kind of thing out than any of us, I agree that he has as much inside info as we do.