Sign in to follow this  
Lewie - Holt Our Saviour

Adeboyo Akinfwa

He was more bulky than fat, decent turn of pace and good skill though, reminded me more of a rugby player lol.Definitely league two standard.

[quote user="I am an Apple"]Jesus christ I''ve never seen such a fat footballer, how is he fit enough to play football!? Is it all muscle or something?
[/quote]

Didn''t you attend when Mr Hartson donned the yellow and green in his 5xl shirt?

Largest player I have seen in my life. [:|]

Absoultely hugeeeeeeeee.

He made me laugh everytime he got the ball, what a TANK!

I was absolutely gob smacked! Looked more like a fat bouncer than a professional footballer. I think I watched him more in the first half than anything else... I''m sure he got a stitch & had to take a minute to recover early on!

Thought he did alright tonight to be fair to him. Can''t be easy to play against and he out muscled Elliott Ward far too easily once or twice.

We took our 5 year old nephew and he said "Blimey, that man is too fat to play football."

Observant.

[quote user="GJP"]Thought he did alright tonight to be fair to him. Can''t be easy to play against and he out muscled Elliott Ward far too easily once or twice.[/quote]hahah yeah right, like any other defender in the country could out muscle him!?

[quote user="Brendo "][quote user="GJP"]Thought he did alright tonight to be fair to him. Can''t be easy to play against and he out muscled Elliott Ward far too easily once or twice.[/quote]hahah yeah right, like any other defender in the country could out muscle him!?[/quote]

"far too easily" was the key part of what I said.

;-)

I have never seen a man that size partake in a Sunday league match let alone professional football!

He looked like a New York gangster!

To be fair to him he can shift his weight pretty quickly when he gets going, and he can jump too! Nearly scored with a backwards header. I think there is a crater in the pitch from when he fell over though...

Hi Gills fan here.First of all well done on your victory and I hope you have a good season in the Championship.Akinfenwa has already been nicknamed "The Tank" by the Gillingham fans.We signed him just before the season started and he hadn''t played in any pre-season games. He openly admits that he is not match fit yet but is doing extra training. Good to see he got 80 minutes last night.He has an excellent first touch for a man so huge and is very good at holding the ball up and bringing in others. He''s going to be a real asset and hopefully when Cody is fit they''ll make a good attacking partnership.Akinfenwa came on as sub on Saturday and completely changed the game against Cheltenham.The first thing he did was a bicycle kick (had to be seen to be believed, I think the whole ground shook!) which the keeper had to save.

This guy?

[img]http://images.teamtalk.com/08/09/800x600/AdebayoAkinfenwa2Northam_1204947.jpg[/img]

[quote user="Captain Holts Controversial Jokes"]That''s probably the worst attempt at spelling a name I''ve ever seen.[/quote]It''s hardly John Smith, though. [:P] Adebayo Akinfenwa?