Sign in to follow this  
Pabs

Craig Bellamy unfairly treated

Sorry if this message should come under ''other football'' but it is linked as Bellamy came through our academy.

He has been unfairly treated by Man City. Despite them signing players for £20 left right and centre, he was probably their best attacking player last season. In the derby against Utd (which they lost 3-4) he was electric and many of their goals came as a result of him attacking with pace. Especially on the break away from home.

I wonder where Bellamy will head next? Probably Fulham to link up with Mark Hughes. I, for one, think Bellamy is one of the best players in the Premier League and although some think he is arrogant and cocky, I feel he is passionate and wants to win.

[quote user="Pabs"]Sorry if this message should come under ''other football'' but it is linked as Bellamy came through our academy. He has been unfairly treated by Man City. Despite them signing players for £20 left right and centre, he was probably their best attacking player last season. In the derby against Utd (which they lost 3-4) he was electric and many of their goals came as a result of him attacking with pace. Especially on the break away from home. I wonder where Bellamy will head next? Probably Fulham to link up with Mark Hughes. I, for one, think Bellamy is one of the best players in the Premier League and although some think he is arrogant and cocky, I feel he is passionate and wants to win.[/quote]

Wow, I could have afforded to buy Silva et al! [:O] [;)] I do think he has been treated very badly though, but will probably soon be joining Hughes at Fulham

Well theres a limit of 25 players, someone has to miss out, if not him then it would probably be one of the other internationals. Im sure the wage packet helps to soften the blow; Hopefully he will secure a loan move so he gets to play some football as well.

Bellamy was good for the first half of the season but never really performed for Mancini, also he has been doing the classic Bellamy of shooting his mouth off rather than working hard in training and proving his worth.

Can''t say if I was a Man City fan I would want him at my club after he high-fived Redknapp when Tottenham secured their place in the Champions League at City''s expense.

In the situation he found himself, I can''t say I blame Bellamy at all for making a bit of noise in protest. He could be frozen out of the first team all season at Man City under this 25 man rule. He might just engineer the move to Spurs which he seems to want by upsetting Mancini and his club. If he''d kept quiet he would have spent the season kicking his heels in frustration.

It would appear that Shay Given is just as unhappy at Man City. I''m sure there will be quite a number of unhappy players throughout the Premiership, excluded from their squads by this 25 man rule.

The first step in squad limitation seems to be going well but in the case of Bellers we see, if the Times is to be believed, that Manchester City don''t want him (he is not in their 25 named players) but they will not allow him to join Tottenham.

Perhaps the squad limitations should go a step further and if a player is not named in the main squad he should be given a free and negotiate his severance pay.

Perhaps then the richest clubs will not hold the monopoly on players as they have for the last couple of decades and some of the smaller clubs would get a chance to improve their squads.

Not as unfairly as Beckham, Capello seems to be trying to piss people off into getting him the sack. Capello said he wont quit, but should have been sacked. Says he knows how to improve the players, he has to improve thier mindframe, yet then said he doesnt know how to do this. And just 3 weeks ago said he hoped Beckham would be fit for the qualifiers in october, then 2 days ago, rather than tell the plaer 1st, tell Tv that he wont play for england again.

But Bellamy, thats ridiculous, he was Man Citys best player, with Tevez last season. I dont think Mancini will do well, I think he will be sacked, and man City will not be half the team people are expecting.

But then again Man City dont it last season to Richard Dunne.

Think Man City will soon become very hated by a lot of fans, before they have even won anything.

Love Bellamy, and have heard he wants to finish back here, true or not I dont know, but when he went to Coventry, remember him saying, he wish he had never left Norwich, and should have stayed for another 2 years.

good luck to him, he can be a pain in the arse, but I would love him here, but cant see that ever happening. Brilliant player, and now Man City are refusing to sell him to Spurs {as they are a Top 6 rival} - isnt that restriction of trade?