Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Curo's gone so come on down Nelson!

Personally, I thought Nelson played quite well last night.....I don''t really care what anyone else thinks....

I actually enjoyed the game and thought both sides played a spirited cup game.....

Seems a lot of our home fans were away on holiday....I wonder if it was a block booking?

£12 is a lot of money....but the game was worth that amount....unless you are a kid for quid. Can''t even get a club coke for that!

Its safe to assume that PL''s knowledge of the game is far better than anyone on here, simply put, I value his opinion on players more than any poster on any message board, sorry if that sounds harsh but thats my opinion.

And if he''s happy to pick a player its ok with me.

Yeah but people don''t put their opinions on here for your approval Wiz so it doesn''t matter whether you take their points of view over Lambert''s. I put my opinions on here because I like discussing football. It''s no different to walking to the match and talking to your mates about who''s going to start or whether you think Korey Smith could be a really great right back. Doesn''t mean we''re not allowed to talk about it just because it''s not what Lambert thinks huh?It shouldn''t be any different on here. You just get to see and hear more opinions than the same five people you go to the football with every other week. One of the best things about this board is the true spectrum of the "you must have been watching a different game to me" that occurs.Cambridge Canary, that was an absolutely brilliant post and Trent Canary''s (I think it was him) response about criticism''s being within reason is good as well. Like last night, i had two fellas behind me that gave Ruddy so much $hit it was unbelievable. Now he made some good saves and caught every single cross that came in close enough to him. The only real criticism was not deciding to come for the ball that Mahoosive Man crashed against the crossbar. But then that''s a decision keepers make, whether to come or stay. Sometimes they get it wrong.Another example is I am a fan who really is not impressed by Anthony McNamee. He has shown a few glimpses of what he could be capable of but I really think he has a very VERY long way to go to be good enough for this club. I will however acknowledge when he does good things and try not to berate him just because I personally have a low opinion of what he brings to the team.

[quote user="First Wizard"]

The new whipping boy on here it seems.

[/quote]No, just two players out of their depths in the Championship.If Lambert didn''t think that, he wouldn''t have signed Ward & Whitbread.  However, Whitbread is injured.Michael Nelson is premier league for effort, but League One at best in terms of ability, and I don''t think he would be anywhere near first choice but for injuries (Whitbread) and lack of fitness (Askou).

Its safe to assume that PL''s knowledge of the game is far better than anyone on here, simply put, I value his opinion on players more than any poster on any message board, sorry if that sounds harsh but thats my opinion.

[/quote]Oh Wiz, just stop being a twat. Of course his knowledge is better but it doesn''t stop people having opinions - you don''t have to agree with them - just not complain about them..

[/quote]He was happy to loan Cureton out to League Two and then let his contract expire, so he''s okay with me too.

This is not a fair comparison as I have personally seen The Admiral slap the glutimus maximus of a prize frisian with a strung instrument and Curo was latterly never in that class.

[quote user="hogesar"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

Oh Wiz, just stop being a twat. Of course his knowledge is better but it doesn''t stop people having opinions - you don''t have to agree with them - just not complain about them..
[/quote]Opinions on the PU are fine to a point Hogesar, but on here they quickly merge into slagging off.

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="hogesar"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]Oh Wiz, just stop being a twat. Of course his knowledge is better but it doesn''t stop people having opinions - you don''t have to agree with them - just not complain about them..[/quote]Opinions on the PU are fine to a point Hogesar, but on here they quickly merge into slagging off.[/quote]Unfortunately Wiz, they can do. But don''t get it mixed up with those who genuinly have reasonable criticisms of players - none of them are perfect - they all have their weaknesses and some have become apparent already..Ignore the one''s that slag off the players - but don''t generalise and criticse those who have a decent input! [:d]

Wiz, you can''t keep using this trust PL thing. He is a good manager but has a lot to prove and if he plays wrong players in the wrong position and we don''t get the results, PL isn''t immune to critism and so he shouldn''t. There is a difference between critics and idiots who get on the back and slag players off. I''m sure if it all went wrong, then you would be the first to be on the back of PL.

Back to Nelson, he does lack pace and distribution but a certain Malky did too, although he played in a higher league before. I''m willing to give Nelson a chance and 8-10 games in this league, I''m sure he will adapt, if not, then he needs to be replaced and slagged off.

[/quote]Glenn Roeders knowledge of the game is far better than yours, Bryan Hamiltons knowledge of the game is better than yours, Peter Grant etc.Can you honestly tell me you never criticized them?I agree that Lambert is the boss, hes the expert, and more importantly hes the one who watches the players in training and knows their characters. Doesnt make him right on every decision though. As someone said earlier, I trust him right now to correct the things we have pointed out.

I don''t think these lads are becoming the whipping boys. To my knowledge I have''nt heard any of them persistently abused or barracked by the crowd. Indeed Ruddy got a very good reception from the Barclay when they did the change around before the game yesterday. I think our crowd is pretty supportive in general and we don''t turn on the players unless what we are seeing is absolutely awful.

I think Nelson has some very good attributes in that he is exceptionally brave and very good in the air. However like others have suggested both he and Ward have not been particularly convincing so far even against Gillingham. I think posters on here are right to be concerned because if things continue like this we will concede some very cheap goals this season like we did against Watford. But its very early days yet and Nelson improved beyond all recognition last season. So he could well get the measure of this league after a few games and improve still further.

Sorry but that is just tosh,yer old mate Roeder''s knowledge of the game is far better than anyone on here.....care to argue this through to it''s natural conclusion?

[/quote]

[quote user="nolegs"]

Sorry but that is just tosh,yer old mate Roeder''s knowledge of the game is far better than anyone on here.....care to argue this through to it''s natural conclusion?

[/quote] No, because imo, Rodent was/is no where near Lamberts class, so your arguement is a non starter.

Now, stop drinking you old lush.[;)]

[/quote]Of course!http://www.pinkun.com/cs_pinkun/cs/forums/1/331444/ShowPost.aspx#331444

I like the bloke. Hey, sue me. I appreciate players who give an effort and care about wearing the shirt, which he clearly does.  I still think he''s got something to offer at this level, and the fact that Lambert gave him the armband against Watford tells me he thinks something similar. Ok, he''s not the best defender ever and he did get caught out for the second Watford goal in particular (though on the other side of the coin, you have to say it was excellent play from Watford anyway), but I think it''s a little unfair to judge him about whether he''s good enough for the Championship or not, after one Championship game. Or is that just me? Besides, he''s in prolific league form right now! A goal to seal promotion, a goal to seal a title, and a goal on the opening night. If Grant Holt wasn''t scoring and for some silly reason kept tracking back to keep clean sheets, you wouldn''t get on his case. So why pick on the admiral eh?Sadly, I can''t find his epic goal against Hartlepool from last seasons anywhere on YouTube, but from that moment I was a fan. Pearler!

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="First Wizard"]

The new whipping boy on here it seems.

[/quote]No, just two players out of their depths in the Championship.If Lambert didn''t think that, he wouldn''t have signed Ward & Whitbread.  However, Whitbread is injured.Michael Nelson is premier league for effort, but League One at best in terms of ability, and I don''t think he would be anywhere near first choice but for injuries (Whitbread) and lack of fitness (Askou).[/quote]This is the gamble Lambert took and in my opinion it has not paid off. He gambled Whitbread and Askou would be fit and ready for Watford but bad luck has seen only Nelson come through with a complete pre season.

[/quote]And in reverse he didn''t exactly pick Cureton often did he?Curo took stick because he was crap for three years in a row. You really need to come to terms with this and move on Wiz.

[quote user="Pabs"]Oh and for god''s sake - Russell Martin had a good game last night! Quit the wining![/quote]

When did something like that ever have any impact on a scapegoat bandwagon?

the post at the top of this page is case in point. Some fans are blinded by "effort" and "giving all for the shirt". In an ideal world, you''d have fantastic players who bleed yellow and green. But when the players are clearly so deficient then I''m afraid I''m on the side of those who feel sorry for them as they''re clearly trying their best, but can''t overlook how awful they are and criticise them. I shouted some abuse at Nelson a couple of times on Tuesday night. Sorry Michael. He was shown up too many times in a row by League 2 players. This for me is not good enough for a championship club. I have no doubt PL wanted to start the season with Ward and Whitbread. But the former looks devoid of confidence and the latter may never get fit.

Lambo''s decision making:

McNamee- error

Elliott- error

Whitbread- jury out though looks like the injury-prone fears are true

Nelson- appreciate askou & whitbread not fit otherwise hopefully wouldn''t get near our team

Johnson- CAN''T see what he sees, WHAT potential?

Lack of big man cover for Holt- believe this could be financial restraint

Leyton Orient (a) tactics- mental

Pretty much everything else... Spot on.

When the list is that small, I think that shows what an impressive manager he is and why we all have such faith in him. I hope eventually he sees the folly regarding the above players ad once/if he can afford to, he replaces them.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

Of course!

http://www.pinkun.com/cs_pinkun/cs/forums/1/331444/ShowPost.aspx#331444
[/quote]And the problem is?

[quote user="First Wazzock"]

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Bonus overtime trawling!

http://www.pinkun.com/cs_pinkun/cs/forums/346984/ShowPost.aspx

http://www.pinkun.com/cs_pinkun/cs/forums/352822/ShowPost.aspx

How long until Lambert becomes "Lame-Bert"? 
[/quote]

[*]

WTG Chopsy !!!

[/quote]Quoting 7 and 6 year old threads! wow, if I didn''t have a life, I''d try and check up on yours, but you''ve changed your name so many times and you''re no doubt a multiple account tw*t poster makes it impossible.

Chopps, Lapps and yourself are just internet pi*s takers who seem to delight in the joy of ridicule, bullying and picking on individual posters, Christ knows what you 3 get out it?

I despise all of you and I thank my God, that I''ve never met you in life.

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="First Wazzock"]

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Bonus overtime trawling!http://www.pinkun.com/cs_pinkun/cs/forums/346984/ShowPost.aspxhttp://www.pinkun.com/cs_pinkun/cs/forums/352822/ShowPost.aspxHow long until Lambert becomes "Lame-Bert"?  [/quote]

[*]

WTG Chopsy !!!

[/quote]Quoting 7 and 6 year old threads! wow, if I didn''t have a life, I''d try and check up on yours, but you''ve changed your name so many times and you''re no doubt a multiple account tw*t poster makes it impossible.

[/quote]...You know, Wiz actually has a point here. Rather than quoting threads from many moons ago, perhaps y''all could discuss the matter at hand. And furthermore, I hardly think you can put Lambert and Worthington in the same bracket. The Worthington thing was something which developed over a long period of time. Too long, hence why people started to sour on him. Lambert is a completely different kettle of fish. So far, Wiz has been quite true to his word in backing Lambert to the hilt, and I honestly think that will continue.

[quote user="Superflash"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="First Wazzock"]

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Bonus overtime trawling!

http://www.pinkun.com/cs_pinkun/cs/forums/346984/ShowPost.aspx

http://www.pinkun.com/cs_pinkun/cs/forums/352822/ShowPost.aspx

How long until Lambert becomes "Lame-Bert"? 
[/quote]

[*]

WTG Chopsy !!!

[/quote]

...You know, Wiz actually has a point here. Rather than quoting threads from many moons ago, perhaps y''all could discuss the matter at hand.

And furthermore, I hardly think you can put Lambert and Worthington in the same bracket. The Worthington thing was something which developed over a long period of time. Too long, hence why people started to sour on him. Lambert is a completely different kettle of fish. So far, Wiz has been quite true to his word in backing Lambert to the hilt, and I honestly think that will continue.

[/quote]Many, many thanks Superflash, I seriously needed that.[Y]

And I''ll go even further, should my prediction go bad, and we''re relegated, I''d still back him.

I seriously love the guy..................in a manly way of course.

[quote user="Superflash"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="First Wazzock"]

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Bonus overtime trawling!http://www.pinkun.com/cs_pinkun/cs/forums/346984/ShowPost.aspxhttp://www.pinkun.com/cs_pinkun/cs/forums/352822/ShowPost.aspxHow long until Lambert becomes "Lame-Bert"?  [/quote]

[*]

WTG Chopsy !!!

[/quote]...You know, Wiz actually has a point here. Rather than quoting threads from many moons ago, perhaps y''all could discuss the matter at hand. [/quote]We have discussed the matter at hand.Nelson''s not good enough for the Championship.  My view hasn''t changed.