Sign in to follow this  
Rach94

Casual ticket prices

Rachel

Whilst I take on board what you say about people on final salary pensions, there are plenty of 16 and 17 year olds still living off their parents, who in turn may have plenty of money.  So its swings and roundabouts. 

Trouble is that there are plenty of ways that people get round the problem and the club know it - Im sure there have been lots of 22 23 and 24 year olds that have benefited from the U-21 tickets.  And even as a 41 year old, casual ticket prices (I used to be a season ticket holder till the missus and kids came along) are pretty dear, meaning I cant afford to go week in week out even if I was given a ''pass out''

Ultimately we''re victims of our own loyalty here.  Demand exceeds supply - which is why the club can make most games category A this season and the Sun £9.50 offer doesnt include Norwich home games.  If you dont want the ticket at the upgrade price, someone else will.  Do we want 27,000 crowds and high prices, or 14,000 crowds and a load of freebies given to all and sundry (the club were giving companies free tickets as little as 5 or 6 years ago).   Maybe NCISA need to get involved again.....?

This was part of my arguement on a previous post. we might get abit of extra cash in, in the short term as tickets are in demand but these people are the future seasoned fans. long term its a bad idea i think

both my parents are season ticket holders, my mum took over my seat for this season cause i got a part time job on £4/hour. and was able to go to the next match.

me and my dad also let norwich keep the rebate when we went down, which totalled to about £80 which was spent on Holt. so to tell me i should be sponging off my parents kind of offends me, when they''re both paying £25ish a month for the season ticket.

[quote user="Rach94"]kids shouldn''t have to be subsidising pensioners who are receiving final salary pensions.[/quote]Yeah like, I reckon Carrow Road on matchday should be like that old film '' Logan''s Run ''.......anyone over 30 gets liquidated.If they try to sneak in they get zapped at the turnstiles. It''ll get the singing back and there''ll be no smelly old codgers shuffling along farting and getting in peoples way.I''m gonna give Mr Mc a bell and get it sorted......

[quote user="Rach94"]both my parents are season ticket holders, my mum took over my seat for this season cause i got a part time job on £4/hour. and was able to go to the next match. me and my dad also let norwich keep the rebate when we went down, which totalled to about £80 which was spent on Holt. so to tell me i should be sponging off my parents kind of offends me, when they''re both paying £25ish a month for the season ticket.[/quote]

I didnt actually say you should be sponging off your parents, nor indeed comment on your parents financial situation.  What Im getting at is that there are "well offs" and "hard ups" in all age groups and a pensioner has no more or less right to a discounted ticket than a teenager.

[quote user="Rach94"]both my parents are season ticket holders, my mum took over my seat for this season cause i got a part time job on £4/hour. and was able to go to the next match.

me and my dad also let norwich keep the rebate when we went down, which totalled to about £80 which was spent on Holt. so to tell me i should be sponging off my parents kind of offends me, when they''re both paying £25ish a month for the season ticket.[/quote]4 quid an hour? that below minimum wage!

[quote user="ſilly ſauſage"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Rach94"]i probably will just pay the upgrade, but it just annoys me that if they''ve got rid of the U21 casual price, then they could do the same to the season ticket price in the future. again, you get pensioners getting in for small amounts, where people still in education are having to pay full whack.[/quote]

I think that you have a pretty good point, and I would like to see the club explain the reasons behind the decisions on current concessions.

Any NCISA looking in care to ask the question?
[/quote]

Any clown can ask... It''s the answer that may be trickier to come by.
[/quote]

ROFL

nope, minimum wage is £3.57 an hour.

and i know what you meant, i was just going off on a tangent. but my argument is that pensioners and U21 or even U18s should be paying the same.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Rach94"]i probably will just pay the upgrade, but it just annoys me that if they''ve got rid of the U21 casual price, then they could do the same to the season ticket price in the future. again, you get pensioners getting in for small amounts, where people still in education are having to pay full whack.[/quote]

I think that you have a pretty good point, and I would like to see the club explain the reasons behind the decisions on current concessions.

Any NCISA looking in care to ask the question?
[/quote]

Yes Morty, it''s another one on our list.

BUT if anyone has questions to ask face to face with Mcnally, then the NCISA  forum after the AGM is the place

(here''s  the ad "see details on our web site " ting!!

Yet again- it is NOT £31 to go to a game at CR as posted twice on this thread.  Cheapest casual tickets for an "A" game are £29 or £27 if you get a membership.  Not sure what "B" and "C" games are but obviously will be substantially less than that.  An awful lot of under-21`s are working and still living at home, therefore have plenty of disposable income.  Must admit that i think there should still be concessions for under-18`s though, as most earn a very low wage or are still at school.

[quote user="Rach94"]i am considering just going through the turnstiles with the over 60 ticket and saying i am 15. just hope they don''t ID me, cause i do look over 16 :/[/quote]

Just tell them you have no ID on you!

[quote user="AJ"]

[quote user="Rach94"]i am considering just going through the turnstiles with the over 60 ticket and saying i am 15. just hope they don''t ID me, cause i do look over 16 :/[/quote]

Just tell them you have no ID on you!

[/quote]Might be tricky playing the over 60''s card unless you''re lucky enough to use a turnstile with a short sighted operator.......

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]Yet again- it is NOT £31 to go to a game at CR as posted twice on this thread.  Cheapest casual tickets for an "A" game are £29 or £27 if you get a membership.  Not sure what "B" and "C" games are but obviously will be substantially less than that.  An awful lot of under-21`s are working and still living at home, therefore have plenty of disposable income.  Must admit that i think there should still be concessions for under-18`s though, as most earn a very low wage or are still at school.[/quote]I''d actually hazard a guess and say the vast majority of people aged between 18 and 21 that watch matches at Carrow Road are from the University, and therefore don''t have much disposable income at all.You''ll also notice that tickets can/have been released for the first three home league games of the season, and there are no pricing brackets released. This is intentional, and all three of the games have been ''A'' grouped. Apologies for saying £31 instead of £29 - not much difference though is it, considering the most expensive matches last season/the season before were about £17 for under-21''s.I think the best thing to do would be to go back to offering student concessions as there used to be. I agree that there will be quite a few under-21''s who are in full-time jobs and should pay as an adult, but in my opinion the majority of under 21''s visiting CR will be students!

[quote user="UEAcanary"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"]Yet again- it is NOT £31 to go to a game at CR as posted twice on this thread.  Cheapest casual tickets for an "A" game are £29 or £27 if you get a membership.  Not sure what "B" and "C" games are but obviously will be substantially less than that.  An awful lot of under-21`s are working and still living at home, therefore have plenty of disposable income.  Must admit that i think there should still be concessions for under-18`s though, as most earn a very low wage or are still at school.[/quote]I''d actually hazard a guess and say the vast majority of people aged between 18 and 21 that watch matches at Carrow Road are from the University, and therefore don''t have much disposable income at all.You''ll also notice that tickets can/have been released for the first three home league games of the season, and there are no pricing brackets released. This is intentional, and all three of the games have been ''A'' grouped. Apologies for saying £31 instead of £29 - not much difference though is it, considering the most expensive matches last season/the season before were about £17 for under-21''s.I think the best thing to do would be to go back to offering student concessions as there used to be. I agree that there will be quite a few under-21''s who are in full-time jobs and should pay as an adult, but in my opinion the majority of under 21''s visiting CR will be students![/quote]Just to be clear though, students actually choose to go to college or university, as opposed to seeking employment?

[quote user="UEAcanary"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"]Yet again- it is NOT £31 to go to a game at CR as posted twice on this thread.  Cheapest casual tickets for an "A" game are £29 or £27 if you get a membership.  Not sure what "B" and "C" games are but obviously will be substantially less than that.  An awful lot of under-21`s are working and still living at home, therefore have plenty of disposable income.  Must admit that i think there should still be concessions for under-18`s though, as most earn a very low wage or are still at school.[/quote]

I''d actually hazard a guess and say the vast majority of people aged between 18 and 21 that watch matches at Carrow Road are from the University, and therefore don''t have much disposable income at all.

You''ll also notice that tickets can/have been released for the first three home league games of the season, and there are no pricing brackets released. This is intentional, and all three of the games have been ''A'' grouped. Apologies for saying £31 instead of £29 - not much difference though is it, considering the most expensive matches last season/the season before were about £17 for under-21''s.

I think the best thing to do would be to go back to offering student concessions as there used to be. I agree that there will be quite a few under-21''s who are in full-time jobs and should pay as an adult, but in my opinion the majority of under 21''s visiting CR will be students!
[/quote]

Any ideas when student concessions were scrapped?  Thing is, some city educational establishments used to hand out student cards like confetti and people doing evening classes/work-related courses would be paying student rates- never used this ruse myself but i must admit i do know some naughty people who did.  There was a time when the club were (rightly) obsessed with filling any empty seat, even if it was on a generous concession but due to demand it`s the opposite now.  If the same number of casual supporters go to a few fewer games per season to make up for the increases then i reckon we`ll still pretty much sell out most games allowing the club to continue to back Lambert with hard cash. 

Brendo,

If you can''t afford the adult prices, the best thing to do is to buy tickets online - you can buy an under 16 ticket no matter what. Because if i take my little brother or whatever, i can buy that. And when i was 17 i bought an under 16 ticket.

You wont get quizzed at the actual turnstiles, they dont have the time for it :)

OF COURSE, this is morally wrong and absolutely dispicable in every way, so im not advocating it...

But you should do it.

I don''t see what your reply has to do with ticket prices. It seems you''re trying to bring a personal element into this.Regardless of who chooses to go to university and who chooses to go into employment, why should it matter? It should be done on those who ''need'' the lower prices (students, under 16''s, under 12''s).

[quote user="Brendo "]I am 16 and think it is ridiculous that I now have to (or at least I have had to for the last 3 games) pay full adult prices. What the fuck happened to under 21 and under 18?!?!?!?!?!Suppose I could try and get away with it a bit longer? [;)]

[:#]

[/quote]im 29 and dont give a sh*t.

Under 12''s yes. Under 16''s yes. But Under 21''s no.

I would advocate for an under 18''s price but from then on you are old enough to be classed an adult so should pay adult prices. By the time people are 18 they are either working or gone to University. If you are working and you can''t afford tickets then it''s a real shame but that''s life. If your a student and you can''t afford a ticket then again sorry but that''s life. I could be wrong but when I was 18 I wanted to be treated as an adult in all walks of life. I felt that having hit 18 I was a man. Along with being treated like an adult comes acting like an adult and paying for things like an adult. If you are old enough to walk into a pub and buy a pint you are old enough to pay full price for a City ticket.

Davo

[quote user="UEAcanary"]I don''t see what your reply has to do with ticket prices. It seems you''re trying to bring a personal element into this.Regardless of who chooses to go to university and who chooses to go into employment, why should it matter? It should be done on those who ''need'' the lower prices (students, under 16''s, under 12''s).[/quote]Sorry, but you don''t "need" football. Its a luxury. And if you can''t afford it, because you have chosen not to take paid employment then why should you get it on the cheap?

Dut Morty didn''t you know the world "owes" the youth everything? They also "need and want" it now.

I know many many students that would of loved to have gone to football games when they were at Uni but they realised that they had to make tough lifestyle choices. They realised that they couldn''t do all the fun things that us who left school and went to work could do. They also realised that they wanted to become, doctors, engineers, computer programers and the like and that this was part of the price they would have to pay. They used to get to 3 games a season. The first game with the money they had earned over the summer. Boxing Day which they all got as christmas presents and the last day of the season from money they saved becasue they were studying for exams and/or doing their assignments.

Davo

Ah the lovely & bitter old ''Students are a drain on society and should be ashamed of wanting to give themselves better long-term prospects'' band are out in force again I see...

[quote user="CanaryJames"]Ah the lovely & bitter old ''Students are a drain on society and should be ashamed of wanting to give themselves better long-term prospects'' band are out in force again I see...[/quote]Better long term prospects that will ultimately pay them a better wage you mean?They can''t have their cake and eat it. Lifes about choices, they choose not to take employment, their luxuries shouldn''t be subsidised.

There is absolutely no guarantee of a better wage, no. What there is a near guarantee of is debt - regardless of how well you manage money/how hard you work part-time while studying.

Not so much having their cake and eating it at all...

I''m a student in London and to be fair it''s still very much affordable..

I have an under 21 season ticket in barclay, which is good value and if you book trains in advance i can get between Norwich and London for a fiver..Its all about sacrifice, i choose to sacrifice working at weekends for football and nights out..

I think in all honesty there should be an under 18 price but to be fair not convinced that students over 18 should get a discount. Mainly because its so easy to cheat the system..I''m going Scunthorpe with about 15 other mates on saturday and we all bought student tickets knowing Scunny won''t check our ID, although only about 4 of us are students. But hey i''m not going to complain about the under 21 prices because by the time they get rid of them i will probably be older and have a job anyway..

[quote user="morty"][quote user="CanaryJames"]Ah the lovely & bitter old ''Students are a drain on society and should be ashamed of wanting to give themselves better long-term prospects'' band are out in force again I see...[/quote]

Better long term prospects that will ultimately pay them a better wage you mean?

They can''t have their cake and eat it. Lifes about choices, they choose not to take employment, their luxuries shouldn''t be subsidised.
[/quote]

But if students weren''t given loans and didn''t have some things subsisdised alot of people wouldn''t be able to afford to go to university and the country would run short of people to fill the higher skilled jobs...To be fair though this only applies to proper degrees, not basket making or art history which are a good excuse for getting pissed for 3 years!

[quote user="hogesar"]Brendo, If you can''t afford the adult prices, the best thing to do is to buy tickets online - you can buy an under 16 ticket no matter what. Because if i take my little brother or whatever, i can buy that. And when i was 17 i bought an under 16 ticket. You wont get quizzed at the actual turnstiles, they dont have the time for it :) OF COURSE, this is morally wrong and absolutely dispicable in every way, so im not advocating it... But you should do it.[/quote]Cheers mate!

I wasn''t sure if you could, as I had a quick gander the other day but couldn''t really see much. [:(]

Anyway, do you need a season ticket number to order online? As I am over 16 on that. Also, can you buy away tickets, and more importantly away coach tickets online? I think I shall have a good look later as going out now.

But yeah, thanks Hoge. [:)]

[quote user="CanaryJames"]There is absolutely no guarantee of a better wage, no. What there is a near guarantee of is debt - regardless of how well you manage money/how hard you work part-time while studying.

Not so much having their cake and eating it at all...[/quote]Well if its that crap, maybe they (you) should have chosen to get a job instead?