Sign in to follow this  
Rach94

Casual ticket prices

My grandad is unable to go to next saturday''s game, so i e-mailed norwich asking whether i would have to upgrade it if i was an under 21. They replied that they no longer do an under 21 casual ticket price, and i would have to pay for an adult upgrade. Asked how much this would cost - about £20, just for an upgrade. For a 16 year old kid this is a steep price. I think norwich need to seriously think about their prices and try to bring people in, instead of turning them away with the high prices for tickets.

[quote user="NCFC-47"]i know im 17 and think its stupid how i have to pay but hey this is the Mcnally era we should get used to it not long until you have to pay to go toilet! [:P]
[/quote]I am 16 and think it is ridiculous that I now have to (or at least I have had to for the last 3 games) pay full adult prices. What the fuck happened to under 21 and under 18?!?!?!?!?!

Suppose I could try and get away with it a bit longer? [;)]

[:-#]

Well, yeah we''re a working class family. I have the money to pay for the upgrade but I can''t justify it. I just hope some people from the club see this and re-introduce the U21 price. what aggrevates me also is that being a 16 year old, i''m having to pay more than pensioners, who some are quite well off, to get into the match.

I am 16 and think it is ridiculous that I now have to (or at least I have had to for the last 3 games) pay full adult prices. What the fuck happened to under 21 and under 18?!?!?!?!?!

[:#]

i am considering just going through the turnstiles with the over 60 ticket and saying i am 15. just hope they don''t ID me, cause i do look over 16 :/

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Rachel,I''m glad you''ve brought this up, I think we should seriously discuss it.Firstly, would you describe yourself as Working Class?[/quote][:D]

[quote user="Rach94"]i am considering just going through the turnstiles with the over 60 ticket and saying i am 15. just hope they don''t ID me, cause i do look over 16 :/[/quote]Then you''ll be conning the club you love out of money [U]

I`m mostly all in favour of McNally and what he is trying to do but I think making kids pay full whack is a bit of an own goal. The last thing you need to go is lose the future fans.Today`s news was going on about youngsters not being able to get jobs so most are trying to stay on a school or college and therefore if they can`t get work and Mum and Dad being squeezed financially they won`t be paying full whack for ticket

[quote user="Brendo "]

[quote user="NCFC-47"]i know im 17 and think its stupid how i have to pay but hey this is the Mcnally era we should get used to it not long until you have to pay to go toilet! [:P][/quote]I am 16 and think it is ridiculous that I now have to (or at least I have had to for the last 3 games) pay full adult prices. What the fuck happened to under 21 and under 18?!?!?!?!?!Suppose I could try and get away with it a bit longer? [;)]

[/quote]I tried to buy an under 16 ticket last night didnt quite work though!

i probably will just pay the upgrade, but it just annoys me that if they''ve got rid of the U21 casual price, then they could do the same to the season ticket price in the future.

again, you get pensioners getting in for small amounts, where people still in education are having to pay full whack.

[quote user="Rach94"]i probably will just pay the upgrade, but it just annoys me that if they''ve got rid of the U21 casual price, then they could do the same to the season ticket price in the future.

again, you get pensioners getting in for small amounts, where people still in education are having to pay full whack.[/quote]I think that you have a pretty good point, and I would like to see the club explain the reasons behind the decisions on current concessions.Any NCISA looking in care to ask the question?

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Rach94"]i probably will just pay the upgrade, but it just annoys me that if they''ve got rid of the U21 casual price, then they could do the same to the season ticket price in the future.

again, you get pensioners getting in for small amounts, where people still in education are having to pay full whack.[/quote]I think that you have a pretty good point, and I would like to see the club explain the reasons behind the decisions on current concessions.Any NCISA looking in care to ask the question?[/quote]Any clown can ask... It''s the answer that may be trickier to come by.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Rachel,I''m glad you''ve brought this up, I think we should seriously discuss it.Firstly, would you describe yourself as Working Class?[/quote]

i knew the whole ''working class'' thing was spose''d to be a **** take. But, i''m a student, it''s besides the point. and unlike many other students, i won''t be getting the £10/20/30 a week educational allowence, so my ''class'' should have nothing to do with this matter.

[quote user="ſilly ſauſage"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Rach94"]i probably will just pay the upgrade, but it just annoys me that if they''ve got rid of the U21 casual price, then they could do the same to the season ticket price in the future.

again, you get pensioners getting in for small amounts, where people still in education are having to pay full whack.[/quote]I think that you have a pretty good point, and I would like to see the club explain the reasons behind the decisions on current concessions.Any NCISA looking in care to ask the question?[/quote]Any clown can ask... It''s the answer that may be trickier to come by.[/quote]Thats what a supporter''s association is for though.If the club come out and say "Its just to maximise profit" then fair enough. But I would be interested in seeing figures of ages that go to Carrow road, and where they lost the most money by giving a concession. Because I''d bet its the oldies. But actully, thinking further, oldies are more likely to be season ticket holders, and, ergo, less likely to be casual ticket buyers.I''m sure theres some kind of business based logic behind it.

It''s not the fault of NCFC, it''s the fault of football in general and how it''s become a business. City for too long have undercharged in comparison to other clubs when in fact with the demand the club has should be charging more than rival clubs if the supply & demand theory is followed.

[quote user="NCFC-47"][quote user="Brendo "]

[quote user="NCFC-47"]i know im 17 and think its stupid how i have to pay but hey this is the Mcnally era we should get used to it not long until you have to pay to go toilet! [:P]
[/quote]I am 16 and think it is ridiculous that I now have to (or at least I have had to for the last 3 games) pay full adult prices. What the fuck happened to under 21 and under 18?!?!?!?!?!

[/quote]

I tried to buy an under 16 ticket last night didnt quite work though!
[/quote]Go to the little windows near the Jarrold. [Y] Queued up behind the ''noob'' looking guy, who happily sold be an under 16 ticket. However when I tried for the Everton game, the woman told us we were over 16. [:(] I said we were under 16, so she reluctantly sold us tickets, thinking they wouldn''t let us in at the turnstiles and we would have to go back and change them. Hahaha so wrong woman. [:D]

Brendo, I''m going to rat you up to the club. You are stealing money out of Paul Lambert''s transfer budget.[;)]

[quote user="morty"]Brendo, I''m going to rat you up to the club. You are stealing money out of Paul Lambert''s transfer budget.

[;)]
[/quote]Go on then. You big grass arse. [:(]

[quote user="Brendo "][quote user="NCFC-47"][quote user="Brendo "]

[quote user="NCFC-47"]i know im 17 and think its stupid how i have to pay but hey this is the Mcnally era we should get used to it not long until you have to pay to go toilet! [:P][/quote]I am 16 and think it is ridiculous that I now have to (or at least I have had to for the last 3 games) pay full adult prices. What the fuck happened to under 21 and under 18?!?!?!?!?!Suppose I could try and get away with it a bit longer? [;)]

[/quote]I tried to buy an under 16 ticket last night didnt quite work though![/quote]Go to the little windows near the Jarrold. [Y] Queued up behind the ''noob'' looking guy, who happily sold be an under 16 ticket. However when I tried for the Everton game, the woman told us we were over 16. [:(] I said we were under 16, so she reluctantly sold us tickets, thinking they wouldn''t let us in at the turnstiles and we would have to go back and change them. Hahaha so wrong woman. [:D][/quote]Ha! cheers for advice dude [:P]

[quote user="Rach94"]i am considering just going through the turnstiles with the over 60 ticket and saying i am 15. just hope they don''t ID me, cause i do look over 16 :/[/quote]pm me your facebook link and i''ll decide.

[quote user="Rach94"]i am considering just going through the turnstiles with the over 60 ticket and saying i am 15. just hope they don''t ID me, cause i do look over 16 :/[/quote]Same with me. I have never had a problem. In the last 7 months, I have attended about 10 games with an under 16 ticket, and no one has said a thing!

I wasn''t so lucky at the cinema though. [:''(]

I didn''t actually know they''ve removed the Under 21 price bracket - is this the case all season then, no under 21 tickets available?If so, major major error by NCFC - the younger people are the supporters of the future; as well as a lot of university students who watch matches (including me) will be put off by the £31 charge to see Norwich play.I class myself as a Norwich fan, but for £31 I may as well just listen on the radio!

[quote user="UEAcanary"]I didn''t actually know they''ve removed the Under 21 price bracket - is this the case all season then, no under 21 tickets available?

If so, major major error by NCFC - the younger people are the supporters of the future; as well as a lot of university students who watch matches (including me) will be put off by the £31 charge to see Norwich play.

I class myself as a Norwich fan, but for £31 I may as well just listen on the radio!
[/quote]Agree completely.

I, however, could well be wrong. However for the two pre seasons, and Gillingham last night were all under 16 or Adult. [:|]

I would happily pay something like a fiver for an under 18 or under 21 ticket for a game like a Carling cup game, but if it was £12 or nothing, I''d turn back and walk home. And if the club would rather have an empty seat, or it filled by my bum cheeks and I pay a quid for it, well then they really are fools. [:(]

yeah that''s the case all season. they still have the U21 season ticket price, but for casual games we have to get an adult ticket.

god i wish i was under 12 - kids for a quid (when they''re being generous)

[quote user="Rach94"]yeah that''s the case all season. they still have the U21 season ticket price, but for casual games we have to get an adult ticket.

god i wish i was under 12 - kids for a quid (when they''re being generous)[/quote]Completely agree!Well I did go to the Everton friendly and to the Gills match last night, thought those two matches were fairly well priced - £15 and £12 respectively is pretty much the price you''d expect to pay at most clubs.However, £31 for a 20 year old to see Norwich play a league match? That''s ridiculous! The year before I came to uni (I think) NCFC had a ''student rate'' !I''d really like to hear why exactly the prices have changed; why under 21''s now have to pay the same as adults all of a sudden!Huge disappointment to find this out as I enjoy watching Norwich play, and I can almost guarantee I won''t be going to see Norwich play much anymore now!

With respect should''.t guys your age either be playing sport on Saturday afternnoons or working not watcing sport. I  worked Saturday mornings and played sport Saturday afternoons. Given the choice that is what I would do now. Pensioners were promised, during their working life, a decent sum to retire on. Their pension fund was spent on educating youth and wars said to defend freedom. Now they live on handouts from bus companies, football clubs, movie houses and local councils to enjoy a resonable social life in their old age. Please don''t denigh them that pleasure on, the grounds that one or two fat cats, seen in the more expensive seats at Carrow Road, did well.

[quote user="Rach94"]My grandad is unable to go to next saturday''s game, so i e-mailed norwich asking whether i would have to upgrade it if i was an under 21. They replied that they no longer do an under 21 casual ticket price, and i would have to pay for an adult upgrade. Asked how much this would cost - about £20, just for an upgrade. For a 16 year old kid this is a steep price. I think norwich need to seriously think about their prices and try to bring people in, instead of turning them away with the high prices for tickets.[/quote]Folk like you are no longer welcome...The ploy is to get an ''all season ticket'' support base and to hell with ther traditional ''as and when possible supporter''. It will eventually kill the club as far as it''s links to the local supporter and the general area.