Sign in to follow this  
cambscanary

Has anyone played themselves in or out of the team??

Following the first game and the cup game with us having fielded 2 relatively differing teams. Has anyone played themselves in or out of the team for this saturday?

I''m thinking holt will start and maybe Surman has played himself onto the bench with maybe Lap or Smith starting

No Lambert will give Surman another chance as he did with Ward and Ruddy, I also expect Jackson will start as Holt didn''t look 100% against Watford but won''t complaain over whoever starts.

I''d say that the defence will be the same and that Crofts looks to be a player in form and a definite starter. Surman is probable and it''s tight between Korey and Foxb but being away might mean Korey''s defensive capabilities make him favourite. Hoolahan will also be there I suspect and Holt and Martin up front after 2 goals each, unless Holt''s fitness is an issue.

From what I''ve seen Lambert has a real preference for the players he''s brought into the club so I expect to see Fox starting over Smith....(although personally Id like Korey to start)

Surman should be dropped after one game? LOL. Lappin should start ahead

of him? LOL. Fox should be dropped after one game? LOL. K.Smith should

start in an unknown role for him, in our first away game of the season?

LOL.Peoples reactions two games into the season. LOL.

The answer is probably "no", but with all but two contenders fit PL has a difficult choice in one or two positions.

I can see Holty starting, and Simeon coming on as an impact sub if needed and when defenders are tiring a little.

I think that Crofts will play, which probably means that Korey wont, except perhaps later on to shore things up if we are ahead.

The big one is is Lappin v. Surman. Lappin does offer better defending potential, and he and Drury seem to work well, while Surman is a bigger threat up front. Too close to call? PL has suggested that we are going there to win, so perhaps Surman has a slight edge.

One or two players have received mixed assessments, in particular Ward, Nelson and Martin R. In their different ways they have added to weakness at the back. Could Askou appear at CB? How many more mistakes will they make before they lose their position, and who would play at RB if required?