Sign in to follow this  
Jon Moorhouse

Blackburn away

This could be the end of our Carling Cup run then. It never gets out of August! And always on my birthday......

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Blackburn is an almighty shithole.  If we dropped Anglia Square into the middle of Blackburn town centre, people would think Xanadu had just fallen from the sky.  I''d rather have cat AIDS than go to Blackburn.[/quote]

Not often I genuinely laugh out loud at posts on here so kudos Mr Chops

Jim Smith is right. Terrible draw. And if anyone on here thinks that Blackburn away is a glamour tie then they should have their season ticket confiscated.

[quote user="Robert N. LiM"]Jim Smith is right. Terrible draw. And if anyone on here thinks that Blackburn away is a glamour tie then they should have their season ticket confiscated.[/quote]

I dont think its a glamour tie, I think its a winable game, away to a top flight team, who will probably rest players.

If we win at Blackburn I will be astonished. Absurdly long midweek journey to a total hole. Opposition who will probably fancy their chances of a decent run in this competition. And our defence.

[quote user="Robert N. LiM"]If we win at Blackburn I will be astonished. Absurdly long midweek journey to a total hole. Opposition who will probably fancy their chances of a decent run in this competition. And our defence.[/quote]

Did Port Vale think they would win at QPR? How many chamionship sides went out this week to League One and TWO sides? Shocks happen all the while. If you dont think we can give them a game, would you not want us to get promoted as we would be playing premiership sides every week? Its a test to see how far we really have come under Lambert.

I''ve got very mixed feelings about the prospect of Norwich getting promotion to the Prem, for what it''s worth.

Of course we might win at Blackburn, but I would suggest that if we do, it''ll be a bigger shock than Port Vale beating QPR.

a test of our team against Premier players, well on paper yes, but by the time they make several changes it will be more like a Blackburn reserve team and how many times have teams even when full strength in the Carling Cup not given full effort.

I don''t think you can call any result a shock in this pointless cup, teams don''t care about it, players don''t, fans don''t.  Everyone always wants to win games, but not at any cost and nowadays the league is the be all and end all for teams in the Prem and Champ, apart from the Champions league teams as well

[quote user="Nolly"]

a test of our team against Premier players, well on paper yes, but by the time they make several changes it will be more like a Blackburn reserve team and how many times have teams even when full strength in the Carling Cup not given full effort.

pointless cup, teams don''t care about it[/quote]

Hmmm, Man Utd and Chelsea have both won it in the last 3/4 seasons havent they?

About 10 years ago, teams USED to play weaker or squad players. Thats not so much the case now.

yes Man U and Chelsea have won it recently, but with a 1st team in the earlier rounds, i don''t think so.  Its a squad game, especially for the big boys and many squad players probably would be 1st team else where.

My point is teams have priorties and the Carling Cup is a the bottom of the list for juat about every Premier league and Championship teams.  I''d love to see us do well at Blackburn and have a cup run (anyone remember what one is?) but i wouldn''t think of it as a big shock if we won and if we were to lose then its just ''we''re out of the cup, never mind''.

It''s a nothing cup to be fair, much prefer the FA Cup.
More concerned over the state of our 11 players on the pitch by the end of the game, rather than the result.
A few bumps and bruises will come out of this one.