Sign in to follow this  
Jon Moorhouse

Blackburn away

Not the worse tie to be honest, dodged the likes of Everton and Sunderland, should be a good game! Certainly winnable.

Would of fancied us getting something from this had it been at home. But I think going to Ewood and getting something would be a pretty tall order.

[quote user="Darren Lamb"]Have a feeling we could be on Sky for this.[/quote]

Me too.

Could be worse but away from home I''m not overlly confident and if it is on Sky then we can kiss goodbye to a cup run!

[quote user="Boyo"]

Me too.

Could be worse but away from home I''m not overlly confident and if it is on Sky then we can kiss goodbye to a cup run!

[/quote]

I dunno, they usually go for a smaller team at home vs a bigger team away.

[quote user="vkp-otbc"]I shall be there only an hours drive. OTBC!!![/quote]and me!. not too far from huddersfield

I''d be suprised if at this stage (and against chamionship opposition) Allardyce puts out a team remotely resembling his starting 11 in the league.

So it should be winnable at least!

Pink Un getting a bit pompous about the game!

"It is hardly the glamour tie the Canaries were looking for after Tuesday night''s comprehensive 4-1 victory over Gillingham."

Not quite the "glamour" game that Blackburn might have hoped to pull the punters in either! Plus, if, by "glamour", Pink Un are referring to the likes of Arsenal, Chelsea, Man Utd, Man City and Liverpool, then might they be reminded they aren''t in until the next round anyway?

Decent tie for us.

SKY like their glamour ties and/or glamour teams. Unfortunately, on a national level, Blackburn and Norwich aren''t really viewed as exciting or interesting teams.

Whichever team Blackburn put out, they''ll be big bruisers and will knock our defence about no problem

[quote user="Old Shuck"]Pink Un getting a bit pompous about the game!

"It is hardly the glamour tie the Canaries were looking for after Tuesday night''s comprehensive 4-1 victory over Gillingham."

Not quite the "glamour" game that Blackburn might have hoped to pull the punters in either! Plus, if, by "glamour", Pink Un are referring to the likes of Arsenal, Chelsea, Man Utd, Man City and Liverpool, then might they be reminded they aren''t in until the next round anyway?

Decent tie for us.[/quote]Yes, does look like the '' Pink Un''s '' getting a bit up itself on this one.....For a team that was in the third tier of football only last season drawing any of the few Premiership team of any description so far involved in this unloved competition must count as a '' glamour '' tie.That said Blackburn draw such pitifully low crowds that unless admission is near enough free on the night then there''s likely to be nearly as many supporter fans at Ewood Park as there will be home fans.

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="Old Shuck"]Pink Un getting a bit pompous about the game!

Decent tie for us.[/quote]Yes, does look like the '' Pink Un''s '' getting a bit up itself on this one.....For a team that was in the third tier of football only last season drawing any of the few Premiership team of any description so far involved in this unloved competition must count as a '' glamour '' tie.That said Blackburn draw such pitifully low crowds that unless admission is near enough free on the night then there''s likely to be nearly as many supporter fans at Ewood Park as there will be home fans.[/quote]Or even '' away supporters ''.......

[quote user="I am a Pomegranate"][quote user="Boyo"]

Me too.

[/quote]

I dunno, they usually go for a smaller team at home vs a bigger team away.

[/quote]It is a smaller team at home and a bigger team away!

I think it is one of the worst draws we could have got. Away to a premiership side who may be half interested in the competition and field a decent side. We will probably be beated and watched by about £5000 which will hardly cover the cost of the coach travel

Ordinarily, this mid week fixture at the other end of the country would give me little opportunity to get to, BUT...will be in the Lake District for the week so Ewood Park here we come!

[quote user="Old Shuck"]Pink Un getting a bit pompous about the game! "It is hardly the glamour tie the Canaries were looking for after Tuesday night''s comprehensive 4-1 victory over Gillingham." Not quite the "glamour" game that Blackburn might have hoped to pull the punters in either! Plus, if, by "glamour", Pink Un are referring to the likes of Arsenal, Chelsea, Man Utd, Man City and Liverpool, then might they be reminded they aren''t in until the next round anyway? Decent tie for us.[/quote]

Well made point. Things seem to have gone to people head since we won League One. yes im glad we won League One, but its the 3rd division not the premiership.

Blackburn is a good draw, and one of the better of the teams in the draw. Very winnable, they may rest players. Scum away would have been nice.

Cant see that to be honest.

[quote user="Boogle"]

[quote user="Old Shuck"]Pink Un getting a bit pompous about the game! "It is hardly the glamour tie the Canaries were looking for after Tuesday night''s comprehensive 4-1 victory over Gillingham." Not quite the "glamour" game that Blackburn might have hoped to pull the punters in either! Plus, if, by "glamour", Pink Un are referring to the likes of Arsenal, Chelsea, Man Utd, Man City and Liverpool, then might they be reminded they aren''t in until the next round anyway? Decent tie for us.[/quote]

Well made point. Things seem to have gone to people head since we won League One. yes im glad we won League One, but its the 3rd division not the premiership.

Blackburn is a good draw, and one of the better of the teams in the draw. Very winnable, they may rest players. Scum away would have been nice.

[/quote]

How on earth is it a good tie for us? We will probably lose, will take very few fans as its miles away and Blackburn will get about 3,000 for it. Whilst they are one up from Wigan or Blackpool I suppose, whatever league they might be in they are a small club with sh*t support and I am not in the least bit excited about playing them just as I don''t understand why any of our fans would have found the propect of playing Newcastle United pre-season with "the likes of Andy Carroll gracing Carrow Road" in any way exciting. I would say that any of the prem teams was a bad draw for us as the only good draw would have been one that gave us a good chance of winning.

This Cup competition is designed for run of the mill Premiership teams as it is their most likely route to any glory.

For Norwich, the Gills tie was helpful in getting the season going and some match fitness for The Horse, beyond that, unless we get some home ties or possibly some TV money it isn''t worth a wank.

This is a bloody awful tie for us.

[quote user="Boogle"]

[/quote]

Cant see it? you should go get sky tv then.........

[quote user="Jim Smith"][quote user="Boogle"]

[/quote]

How on earth is it a good tie for us? We will probably lose, will take very few fans as its miles away and Blackburn will get about 3,000 for it. Whilst they are one up from Wigan or Blackpool I suppose, whatever league they might be in they are a small club with sh*t support and I am not in the least bit excited about playing them just as I don''t understand why any of our fans would have found the propect of playing Newcastle United pre-season with "the likes of Andy Carroll gracing Carrow Road" in any way exciting. I would say that any of the prem teams was a bad draw for us as the only good draw would have been one that gave us a good chance of winning.

[/quote]

True we will be the underdogs, but i feel with a good support we can pull off a shock. I didnt froth at the mouth at the prospect of Newcastle or Everton and Jermaine Beckord and Andy carroll for a poxy friendly, but Blackburn is a cup game, and if you dont want to test yourself in a competetive competition against a top flight team, life would be bloody boring. When was the last time we had a good cup run? This club needs a cup run. The tin pot paint cup last year is a dire excuse for a cup. yes the league cup lost some respect, but recently its getting better.

[quote user="djc"][quote user="Boogle"]

[/quote]

Cant see it? you should go get sky tv then.........

[/quote]

LOL.

Blackburn is an almighty shithole.  If we dropped Anglia Square into the middle of Blackburn town centre, people would think Xanadu had just fallen from the sky.  I''d rather have cat AIDS than go to Blackburn.

[quote user="Boogle"][quote user="Jim Smith"][quote user="Boogle"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

True we will be the underdogs, but i feel with a good support we can pull off a shock. I didnt froth at the mouth at the prospect of Newcastle or Everton and Jermaine Beckord and Andy carroll for a poxy friendly, but Blackburn is a cup game, and if you dont want to test yourself in a competetive competition against a top flight team, life would be bloody boring. When was the last time we had a good cup run? This club needs a cup run. The tin pot paint cup last year is a dire excuse for a cup. yes the league cup lost some respect, but recently its getting better.

[/quote]

Yes but:

1. We won''t get good support as its miles away and not a very exciting tie (although we will take more there than they would bring to us); and

2. We will probably lose so we won''t get a cup run!

I will admit that in the sense of the fact we are underdogs and have nothing to lose it could be an enjoyable game because all the pressure is on them and any kind of decent result is a bonus. I still don''t think its a good tie though!