Sign in to follow this  
ref89

So if we lose to Scunthorpe....

....are we still a team that went down in disarray, got promoted in triumph and will do well to stay up and consolidate, or is it hatchet time for Lambert from the usual w***ers?

Radical changes will clearly be needed, and Lambert''s ability surely has to be called into question. I see this now. Action is best taken when it is knee jerk.

[quote user="thirdlion v2"]Radical changes will clearly be needed, and Lambert''s ability surely has to be called into question. I see this now. Action is best taken when it is knee jerk. [/quote]I agree.  If we stop to think things through fully and properly, we might lose momentum.

[quote user="thirdlion v2"]Radical changes will clearly be needed, and Lambert''s ability surely has to be called into question. I see this now. Action is best taken when it is knee jerk. [/quote]

Some posters on this forum, are just plain dumb. 1 game in and Lambert is being questioned. Get a grip, he''s the best manager we had in years. The season has a long way to go, we have made some big changes to the squad. These players need time to settle, last week nearly all the promotion favourites lost. City fans at time are so f**king fickle!

[quote user="Have Heart"][quote user="thirdlion v2"]Radical changes will clearly be needed, and Lambert''s ability surely has to be called into question. I see this now. Action is best taken when it is knee jerk.
[/quote] Some posters on this forum, are just plain dumb. 1 game in and Lambert is being questioned. Get a grip, he''s the best manager we had in years. The season has a long way to go, we have made some big changes to the squad. These players need time to settle, last week nearly all the promotion favourites lost. City fans at time are so f**king fickle![/quote]

Read his last sentence[;)]

If we lose to Scunthorpe nothing changes.

We are a promoted team with very few players holding Championship experience. Most fans think that, due to our history, attendances and previous season we are much better than we actually are. It will take time to get back to the standard of this league. 

In my eyes the most likely result will be a home win for the Iron. All this will mean is that we need to be patient, trust in the squad and manager and support them as passionately as ever to snatch as many points possible from every remaining game. It could be a long hard season. 

I really cannot understand why they need time to "gel" or to "settle" and Lamberts remarks after the loss last week echoed my thoughts in other threads. The new guys are professional footballers being paid good money to perform as a team. They have had weeks of preseason training and if they cannot be a success now they are not goig to be any better "by Christmas". If Norwich intend to reach the play offs they need to win these early matches. There are few injuries and there should be no excuses.

Get in there City and beat Scunthorpe. No one is playing on the common at Mulbarton now. This is for real!

Further more if Scunthorpe win today it will be the first time they have beaten Norwich for 47 years so come on Norwich!!

[quote user="Strappy"]I''m still waiting for the announcement of Malky''s signing following the game last week.[/quote]If we win 4-0 today, I don''t expect the board to hang around.

[quote user="Bobert"]

I really cannot understand why they need time to "gel" or to "settle" and Lamberts remarks after the loss last week echoed my thoughts in other threads. The new guys are professional footballers being paid good money to perform as a team. They have had weeks of preseason training and if they cannot be a success now they are not goig to be any better "by Christmas". If Norwich intend to reach the play offs they need to win these early matches. There are few injuries and there should be no excuses.

Get in there City and beat Scunthorpe. No one is playing on the common at Mulbarton now. This is for real!

[/quote]As much i hate to bring up the comparison yet again, did Blackpool not fail to win in their first 4 league games of last season?Comments like that just intensify the pressure cooker that is Carrow Road, and we''re doing ourselves no favours thinking like that.I hope for more, but if we happen to find ourselves outside the relegation zone at the end of the season, Lambert must keep his job.

[quote user="Bobert"]

[/quote]

Than you have clearly never built or managed a team before. Without getting too w*nky about it - google Tuckman''s Stages Of Group development. I reckon we are between the forming and norming stages.

Lambert knows exactly what he is doing. There was more than enough evidence last Friday to see we will be more than relegation fodder this season.

Keep the faith.