Sign in to follow this  
Hoolahan? Youlahan!

Restricted view at scunny

I''ve just noticed my ticket for tomorrow has a ''Restricted View'', but the seat next to me does not. Just interested to know how that can be the case considering the width of one seat''s difference between restriction and unrestriction, and if anyone has experience of this at Glanford Park.  For reference my seat is Row D Seat 108. Cheers.

You asked ...[quote user="Hoolahan Youlahan"]I''ve just noticed my ticket for tomorrow has a ''Restricted View'', but the seat next to me does not. Just interested to know how that can be the case considering the width of one seat''s difference between restriction and unrestriction[/quote] ...so I thought I would show you an example.  Do I have to be serious and talk about angles and proximity to the obstruction? I just though a picture makes it clearer how it is possible. [;)]

This is the away end. If you''ve got a restricted view I think you know where you''re gonna be....

What you appear to have forgotten  is that I asked how one seat can be restricted when another isn''t....the person next to the obstruction is also impaired, meaning it doesn''t show an example of ONE seat being impaired. Fail. [;)]

[quote user="Good Touch For A Big Man"]

This is the away end. If you''ve got a restricted view I think you know where you''re gonna be....

[/quote]

Thanks mate. Yep, slap bang behind a pillar (far left?) Fantastic, lol. 

To be fair it could be worse. At Leeds they sometimes sell tickets in the away end, in the corner where you can''t see half the pitch.

I doubt it''ll be as bad as Southend last year.  There were loads of pillars and they all seemed to be massive, and to top it off, if you were right at the back (like I was) the roof sloped down so low that if the ball so much as left the ground you had no idea where it was going.But if I see somebody sat right behind a pillar in comical fashion today I''ll know who it is [;)]

[quote user="Hoolahan Youlahan"]

What you appear to have forgotten  is that I asked how one seat can be restricted when another isn''t....the person next to the obstruction is also impaired, meaning it doesn''t show an example of ONE seat being impaired. Fail. [;)]

[/quote]In the photo, will a person sitting immidiately to the left be able to see the pitch?  Yes, so that is how 2 seats next to each other would have different views.

[quote user="dhickl"][img]http://cache.boston.com/bonzai-fba/Globe_Photo/2005/06/17/1119017844_3356.jpg[/img][/quote]You jest, but this was almost exactly my view at Charlton away last season - in fact I was watching the season review DVD the other day, and could clearly see myself standing in the aisle behind the goal on a number of occasions to see round it. £2 discount though...

Restricted view doesn''t necessarily mean the obstruction covers the entire centre of the pitch. If it is off to one side then one of the seats next to you would have a clear view.I don''t seriously expect all seats in the away end to be full, so I doubt you will have a problem finding an unrestricted view.

Restricted view usually means that there will be a pillar in the way of one or both of the penalty areas.