Sign in to follow this  
Dean Coneys boots

better than the winning goal

Better than the winning goal ...was the clean sheet in my opinion. We looked iffy at the back against Watford and will have gained much confidence from that performance. Onwards and upwards- well done defence and Ruddy!

[quote user="Dean Coneys boots"]Better than the winning goal ...was the clean sheet in my opinion. We looked iffy at the back against Watford and will have gained much confidence from that performance. Onwards and upwards- well done defence and Ruddy![/quote]Yes DCB, it did sound as though we comfortable at the back. I think Crofts and Korey Smith will take a lot of pressure off the back four.

Yup, we all know we can score goals with this team but it''s the defence that is going to be worrying, so a clean sheet and three points is perfect![:)]

My biggest concern with our squad is a lack of quality at the back, so definitely an encouraging afternoon. I''m sure that Lambert will be as thrilled as me with the 1-0!

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Dean Coneys boots"]Better than the winning goal ...was the clean sheet in my opinion. We looked iffy at the back against Watford and will have gained much confidence from that performance. Onwards and upwards- well done defence and Ruddy![/quote]

Yes DCB, it did sound as though we comfortable at the back. I think Crofts and Korey Smith will take a lot of pressure off the back four.
[/quote]

I think Crofts and young Korey will be vital to us this season. Especially away from home. They are instrumental in "earning the right to play our football" [;)]

73 minutes in and no score, I was pleased we had not conceded anything and was thinking an away draw would be great, especially if it ended 0 - 0. I agree 100% a scoreless deaw would have been huge, but not more so than a road victory.

By winning, the team''s and fans'' expectations are raised to where we really want them to be, that being something more than mere survival, and that makes for a much nore exciting and happy season, if it carries on.

The last 2 games indicate it will carry on. Screw the Carling Cup game. I''d rather lose than then a league game now.