Sign in to follow this  
lincoln canary (& Golden Coppel)

Todays player ratings

Hi just back!

Firstly hats off to a good result. First half was very even but in the second it was all norwich, altough ive got to say scunthorpe looked a very poor side. So my ratings are as follows;

John Ruddy 8/10 - Very rarely troubled but his handling when needed was 1st class.Distribution was also very good and looked very assured.

Adam Drury 6/10 - Looked poor 1st half but much improved second. Needs to get out of the habbit of hoofing the ball to no one, we all know the boy can pass alot better.

Russell Martin 6/10 - Again like drury much improved second half. Does get forward well but never seems to produce anthing special, obvious to see how he gets found out against better opposition.

Micky Nelson 8/10 - Very solid display. Tackled well and won every header. Shame about distribution somtimes but did his job well today.

Elliot Ward 8/10 - Read above! Looked like hes finally settled abit, not one mistake today!

Andrew Crofts 9/10 - Looks a real fans favourite. Struggled slightly 1st halfbut won every thing against Scunnys best player woolford ( think thats his name! ) in the 2nd. Played at the base of the diamond today and althouh does not pass like fox his tackling and man marking make him a real asset in that position.

Andrew Surman 6/10 - In glimpes looked class but so many times he got the ball and had the chance to gallop down the line but instead just slowed the play right down. Still adjusting i feel but has an excellent delivery which set up Holts dis allowed goal.

Korey Smith 6/10 - Another who was poor in the 1st but improved greatly in the 2nd. Right midfield probally not his position.

Wes Hoolahan 9/10 MOM. Absolutely brilliant today. He was at the heart of everytinh norwich did good ( apart from the goal! ). He passed brilliantly tracked his man and tackled well as well as nearly scoring twice. I swear today he only gave the ball away once today. Really pleased with him.

Chris Martin 6/10 Played ok today, nothing special but a danger on a few occasions. Should have scored right at the start of the 2nd half.

Grant Holt 7/10 - TBH Grant was kept quiet most of the afternoon but what a finish with his head! sent the away stand wild!!!

Subs - Not much time to assess but jackson looked lively when he came on.

All in all a good honest performance and a fully deserved three points. Lamberts halftime teamtalk clearly did the trick as we were mediocre 1st half. Have to say though that Scunthorpe do look like relegation material though so feet must be kept firmly on the ground!

Scunthorpe actually won 2-1 at Reading last week so personally I''m well pleased that we beat them today and I''m not so sure that they are as bad as you may think.

Scunthorpe paid us too much respect today - I assume they didn''t do the same at Reading.  The unpredictability of the Championship all over.  Hopefully confidence building now and some consistency will become the norm for us!  Certainly think our ability to keep playing to the end will keep us in good stead!

And Watford, who were apparently relegation favourites, were 2-0 up against fellow strugglers Coventry until they chucked it with two late goals.  The genius of the Championship is that nobody can predict anything other than Ipswich smell.Good report by the way, thanks.