Sign in to follow this  
CDMullins

Adam Drury....

Outstanding today, Surman should take note, Drury beat the full back and put a cross in 8-10 times in the second half.

Korey Smith was excellent. Great second half passing display, really played them off the pitch!

Nice to see a certain Mr Huckerby in the stand today!

Drury put himself in mortal danger at one point when he crashed over the boundary wall after one cross.  Surman was off the pace really.  Not sure that the diamond can accomodate him.  P*ssed on them generally. 

Surman should take note? According to RN, Surman was putting in top class deliveries all afternoon.

No, he wernt that bad, but obviously thats what Surman should be doing, dont think Surman beat a man today, though he was neat and tidy and kept the ball.

Must say drury was excellent but would have crofts who was everywhere as man of the match with wes not too far behind,Surman was not brilliant but his delivery from corners was excellent and all in all I have not seen us dominate a team like that away from home for a long time,The goal at the end was quality and the support was fantastic,Korey was awful 1st half but was a different player second half.Ward and Nelson looked a lot better as did Russel Martin.Ruddy looked assured although distribution still needs work.Chris Martin and Grant Holt worked hard and Jackson did ok when he came on.Very positive about the season now although Scunthorpe are poor, I think the momentum will see us move foward and may get a play off place [maybe even promotion]otbcCrofts is better than Russell at defending and going foward [a quality accusition]

[quote user="thirdlion v2"]Surman should take note? According to RN, Surman was putting in top class deliveries all afternoon.
[/quote]

According to my eyes (At Glanford Park, Row A, right where Drury crashed off the pitch), he didnt, he put very very few in this afternoon.

It just goes to show how different views can be of the same game.  According to the match commentary on Snorefolk Surman was excellent today and his deliveries from crosses and corners pinpoint accurate.  Most of Druries however seemed to come to nought.  That''s not to say that Adam didn''t have a great game, it sounded very much like he did, in fact the second half perfomance was superb by nearly everyone, with Wes pulling the strings,  Mr Ward finding his feet (and staying on them) and Mr Ruddy keeping a clean sheet.  The one possible exception being the man who could end up being the biggest waste of money for years.  After seeing Jackson nearly hit the corner flag twice against Everton, I couldn''t believe that his one effort today went out for a throw in!! Please Lambo, next time bring on Oli.  I fear that the banjo has been handed on by Jamie to our new "superstar".

[quote user="go donowa go"] think the momentum will see us move foward and may get a play off place [maybe even promotion]otbc[/quote]

Isn''t it a little early to be getting excited about play offs? A long way to go in the season. Given that we''ve only just come up from League 1 anything above 17th has to be considered a good season.

[quote user="Crofts Number 1 Fan"]Well because the OP couldn''t fault Nelson he decided to pick on someone else.[/quote]The standard trait on here I''m afraid.[:(]

Well Lappin was on the pitch for 2 minutes, he put in one cross and we scored from it. Not a bad percentage

Drury did put in a lot of cross''s and with out exception they were all of a really poor quality. I hope the guy we signed from rangers is a better attacking left back drury well passed it I am afraid. Crofts was excellent

[quote user="ting tong"]Drury did put in a lot of cross''s and with out exception they were all of a really poor quality. I hope the guy we signed from rangers is a better attacking left back drury well passed it I am afraid. Crofts was excellent[/quote]

Agree, Crofts was brilliant, dont think he put a foot wrong and was equal MOM with Hoolahan in my eyes. Definately think Crofts is more effective at the base of the diamond instead of on the right on what we''ve seen so far. And also dont think anyone can be singled out as having a bad game yesterday, Surman was fairly tidy and R. Martin was solid enough so cannot be used as the scapegoat this week!!

[quote user="CDMullins"]

[quote user="thirdlion v2"]Surman should take note? According to RN, Surman was putting in top class deliveries all afternoon.
[/quote]

According to my eyes (At Glanford Park, Row A, right where Drury crashed off the pitch), he didnt, he put very very few in this afternoon.

[/quote]

You saw the same game as me then I thought Surman drifting in and out of the game and hardly got any crosses in.

Surman was the weakest link out of the 11 players for Norwich..............i aint saying he was rubbish but he just didn''t seem as lively as the rest of them. Didn''t seem to have much heart in it unlike wes, crofts and korey in their respective midfeild roles................thats solely my opinion and yes i was there [:D]