Sign in to follow this  
Yobocop

Possible Scenario - Re: Forster

Phase 1: Shay Given and Joe Hart battling it out for 1 spot today - Joe Hart wins - Phase 1 complete

Phase 2: Shay Given hands in a transfer request/wants a loan move

Phase 3: Shay Given moves back to the team he spent a decade at (newcastle Utd)

Phase 4: Fraser Forster is available for loan at a cheaper deal and returns to Norwich

Mind you - Ruddy made a clean sheet today?

we were not going to sign Forster from the moment we got Ruddy.

The only way anything will possibly happen is if Ruddy got injured - unlikely

Anyway im confident Lambert will have done the research and hope he will be a good keeper for us, poor start maybe, but didnt sound to bad today, besides just look at Gomez, he was crap for 6 months

"is my picture too big" aye its big not sure if its too big...doesnt bother me.

your comment has reminded me of something though, where the hell is I am a banana?

As I said in my OP he made a clean sheet today so surely thats a sign of a marked improvement unless Scunthorpe were woefully poor infront of goal?

I wasn''t there so I don''t know!

[quote user="Stephen Fry Gives Peas a Chance "]As I said in my OP he made a clean sheet today so surely thats a sign of a marked improvement unless Scunthorpe were woefully poor infront of goal?

I wasn''t there so I don''t know![/quote]He played well today.In what was, his third competitive game for our club.Possibly too soon to judge that he''s not good enough?

O god, I hope your not comparing me to that donut...

I thought that too, think he might of changed his name to something else!

[quote user="ThorpeCanary"] besides just look at Gomez, he was crap for 6 months[/quote]

Or Green....who get worse....

Morty - don''t get me wrong, I think John ruddy deserves every chance...but if Fraser is available when before he probably wasn''t and Ruddy''s shakey form in pre-season and v. Watford.

However hopefully Ruddy will go from strength to streght

Probable scenario - Ruddy is with us and getting better. Forster isn''t coming!

Ruddys not been as bad as some have been making out. Yes his kicking hasn''t been great but his shotstopping and handling has been more than OK. It didn''t help in the 1st game messrs Nelson and Ward struggling badly. Luckily the backline has got better and Lambert yesterday at Scunthorpe found his best line up which will also help the backline and Ruddy out.

Loan players come and go, you have to roll with the punches.

Yes Fraser was a fantastic goalkeeper and i''m sure everyone would love to have him back but we''d just be wishin the same next summer when he''d gone back as i doubt we''d be able to afford to buy him.

We''ve got Ruddy now who will be a great player for the club, just let him find his stride.

[quote user="Excited Canary"]Nana has been in Holland for the past week and a half, he is coming home to day.
[/quote]Really? [:)]

Didn''t even notice he was gone. [:$]

[quote user="ThorpeCanary"]"is my picture too big" aye its big not sure if its too big...doesnt bother me. your comment has reminded me of something though, where the hell is I am a banana?[/quote]

Hey Thorpey!!  Your picture''s not big enough [;)]

I think Ruddy will be a great signing. Commanded his box really well yesterday and looks equally as capable as Forster at pulling off important stops.

[quote user="Excited Canary"]Nana has been in Holland for the past week and a half, he is coming home to day.[/quote]

Oh I forgot they had no internet access in Holland because of all the dams!

[quote user="ThorpeCanary"]"is my picture too big" aye its big not sure if its too big...doesnt bother me. your comment has reminded me of something though, where the hell is I am a banana?[/quote]

Who cares?

Personally I''d be all for Forster coming back and vastly beef up the competition for goalkeeping places, even if it''s only for the short term. But if the rumour mill is correct and we were effectively priced out of a move for him, even on just a loan deal, then really I think we need to spend money elsewhere. As for Given, he''s an absolutely fantastic keeper and it would be an absolute crime to have a player like that rot on the bench, even if Joe Hart is probably the league''s best keeper at the moment.