Sign in to follow this  
Brendo

Adam Drury - the model sportsman?

His sportsmanship and general level of fairplay has to be up there with the best. It just astounds me how when he gets a wrong decision, that he just gets back to defend and never really seems to whinge to the ref.

He is certainly the most sporting player I have seen in a City shirt. [Y]
Hats off to Mr. Consistent. [<:o)]

Good post Brendo. I completely agree, he''s just a proper footballer and a really top bloke. He''s reliable, gives his all and you never see him moan or whinge he just gets on with the job at hand. He fully deserves a testimonial this year, the guy has been brilliant for us these last 10 years.

SP

He''s an unsung hero. Very good and so consistent. We expect nothing less than what he gives us week in week out and is very quiet in the game doesn''t get into trouble never moans. Just does his job very well. He isn''t underestimated we just know what he gives us every single week.

The guy''s a legend, in a totally different way to your hucks or your holts (sure to become city legend if he isn''t already - he has to score against the binners next).

He reminds me a little of another left back who never got any attention but was always there doing a great job - Denis Irwin of the man u sides of the 90s. He could hit a wicked free kick too though, nice if Ads could add that to his game! When he hangs up his boots he should have the same status around the city as Hucks.

He is also from the same village as me!

[quote user="a1canary"]The guy''s a legend, in a totally different way to your hucks or your holts (sure to become city legend if he isn''t already - he has to score against the binners next).

He reminds me a little of another left back who never got any attention but was always there doing a great job - Denis Irwin of the man u sides of the 90s. He could hit a wicked free kick too though, nice if Ads could add that to his game! When he hangs up his boots he should have the same status around the city as Hucks.

He is also from the same village as me![/quote]

I agree with all of that a1canary, including your admiration for Irwin - one of those low-profile professionals who are better than most people realise, purely because they just get on with their job. And Drury is definitely another one.

After 10 years, isn''t it about time he got a song!

Feel for the guy that McNamee waltzes in, comes off the bench a couple of times, and gets something dedicated to him...

Then there''s Drury, 10 years service, countless appearances, pretty faultless for those 10 years, and he gets nothing!

Strange that it''s hard to think of any mistakes of his that have led directly to goals - ie giving away possession/etc.

We will miss him big time in a few years. Hope he keeps plugging away for a while yet though!