Sign in to follow this  
Tetteys Jig

So, when you get a new bird, how long do you leave it until you tell her...

Jimmy Here is some advice from someone who knows about these things.Tell her as soon as possible, don`t fanny around, if she doesn`t like it then give her the boot or you will regret it later.Girlfriends come and go, Norwich City is for life.

[;)]

[quote user="WOTB"][quote user="missing in action?"]I got asked by other half the other day. "Do you love me more than football?"we have now hit a rough patch now....

you did reply with "I love piswitch tahn more than you dear" did you?[;)][/quote]well. she said she wasn''t happy at being joint first!i didnt say she was ahead of beer and other sports!!!1

I took my mrs to rotherham away and sheff utd away. She said she loved rotherham(probably coz it was something new, she loved the atmosphere) She moaned at sheffield. Then I took her to hucks last game on loan at carrow road where he ripped cardiff apart and she said "it was alright" fecking alright!!! I have never taken her since. If they cant appreciate that then they never will.

As for your question set the rules early worked for me she never moans. Its all about give and take and any decent woman will understand. If she does not then she is not worth it my friend.

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="dylanisabaddog"]

Oh God.  Not another woman at football.

You''ve let yourself down.

Don''t take her to football and don''t compromise by suggesting that she goes out and does something else instead.  I made that mistake the first time round and it cost me a fortune.  Just tell her that you go to football, on Saturdays.  If she doesn''t like it, she knows where the door is. 

Now is probably a good time to let her down gently on other things as well - the earlier you lay down the ground rules the less problem you will have in the future.

[/quote]

Dylanisabaddog felt quite satisfied as he lay back and relaxed in the warm glow of knowing that he''d gained the upper hand, the opposition crushed and in full retreat. There was to be no messing with the master in this house and all was sweetness and light.

Then the alarm went off, and, unceremoniously dragged into the real world, he suddenly realised despairingly that it had all been but a dream......

[/quote]

I have to admit that this is true of my first marriage.  I learned my lesson and when it came to the second time round I told her  -

• I go to football on Saturdays (she never expressed a desire to accompany me)
  • I don''t dance
  • I don''t spend what I haven''t got

15 years later - so far so good.

I think it helps that I go out on a Saturday.  She seems to have quite a lot to do and I just get in the way.

[quote user="dylanisabaddog"][quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="dylanisabaddog"]

Don''t take her to football and don''t compromise by suggesting that she goes out and does something else instead.  I made that mistake the first time round and it cost me a fortune.  Just tell her that you go to football, on Saturdays.  If she doesn''t like it, she knows where the door is. 

Now is probably a good time to let her down gently on other things as well - the earlier you lay down the ground rules the less problem you will have in the future.

[/quote]

Dylanisabaddog felt quite satisfied as he lay back and relaxed in the warm glow of knowing that he''d gained the upper hand, the opposition crushed and in full retreat. There was to be no messing with the master in this house and all was sweetness and light.

Then the alarm went off, and, unceremoniously dragged into the real world, he suddenly realised despairingly that it had all been but a dream......

[/quote]

I have to admit that this is true of my first marriage.  I learned my lesson and when it came to the second time round I told her  -

• I don''t dance

I think it helps that I go out on a Saturday.  She seems to have quite a lot to do and I just get in the way.

[/quote]Jesus.... You got married twice ?Feckin masochist.

whenever the wife and i have an arguement about anything it always gets brought up that im only interested in two things ............    Norwich City and my job.

the arguement normally ends there!

[quote user="dylanisabaddog"][quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="dylanisabaddog"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

• I don''t dance

[/quote]

I bet you do a sneaky little jig when City score though....

I''ve got more than twice the mileage on the marriage clock and it does seem I''m not the only bloke who''s other half quite like to get me out of the way on Saturdays.

Perhaps that''s the day their fancymen like to call round ?Wink [;)]

From the ''bird'' perspective I was over the moon when my boyfriend told me he liked football.  Turns out I like football more than he does (but he is a Wolves fan so I don''t really blame him) and he''s the one who moans when I disappear on Sat/Sun/Tues/Fri or whenever I can get to a game/watch on sky/follow online...So don''t pre-judge your ''bird''!

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]...you support Norwich City and she''s off to Scunthorpe for a lovely Saturday afternoon out![/quote]Can I just say that when I saw the title of this thread and how it was cut off, I wondered exactly what you were going to ask..."So, when you get a new bird, how long do you leave it until you t..."Let''s just say I thought "tell" was going to be "take", and leave it there.

well Jimmy as your not on here can we presume that all went well taking you new bird to Scunthorpe,She was so overcome with gratitude at seeing the mighty yellows that her life is now complete.and you are on a promise[;)]

[quote user="WOTB"]well Jimmy as your not on here can we presume that all went well taking you new bird to Scunthorpe,

She was so overcome with gratitude at seeing the mighty yellows that her life is now complete.

and you are on a promise[;)]
[/quote]

Or he''s walking back.[;)]

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]...you support Norwich City and she''s off to Scunthorpe for a lovely Saturday afternoon out!
[/quote]

When you get her in bed and she notices you have "Norwich City Football Club Founded Ninteen Hundred And Two.Division One Champions Two Thousand And Nine/Two Thousand And Ten" tattooed in full on your todger.[:O]

[/quote]

I''ve got our full honours list tattooed on mine.....

[quote user="Cluck"][quote user="dylanisabaddog"][quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="dylanisabaddog"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

• I don''t dance

[/quote]

Jesus.... You got married twice ?

Feckin masochist.
[/quote]

As have I Cluck, as have I.... the first Mrs B-H stood on the Terraced Barclay in an FA Cup Quarter Final vs Southampton and moaned all the way through that she was cold.  Thats why she''s no longer Mrs B-H

The 2nd Mrs B-H is coming to the Barnsley game for her 1st game of football.  However being the type of girl she is, she''s likely to give the oppo fans more stick than the hardest core E-blocker and Im fully expecting her to be spending a cooling off night in Bethel Street.  [:D]

[quote user="Cluck"][quote user="dylanisabaddog"][quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="dylanisabaddog"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

• I don''t dance

[/quote]Jesus.... You got married twice ?Feckin masochist.[/quote]haha something else that was discussed walking up to the ground this afternoon Cluck... [Y]

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Cluck"][quote user="dylanisabaddog"][quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="dylanisabaddog"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

• I don''t dance

[/quote]Jesus.... You got married twice ?Feckin masochist.[/quote]haha something else that was discussed walking up to the ground this afternoon Cluck... [Y][/quote]Yeah.... they''re like Christmas presents from your parents... well wrapped but once you get inside you wish you hadn''t bothered......

[quote user="IncH_HigH "]

[quote user="WOTB"]well Jimmy as your not on here can we presume that all went well taking you new bird to Scunthorpe,She was so overcome with gratitude at seeing the mighty yellows that her life is now complete.and you are on a promise[;)] [/quote]

Or he''s walking back.[;)]

[/quote]Well we went to the match, she ''enjoyed the match and didn''t get bored'' so she says! Hmm i didn''t get dumped anyway!...We got a 1-0 win in the last minute obviously and i still went mental and guess what, i''m not the superstisious sort but unfortunately for her she''s going again wheather she likes it or not!!!

dont understand men who take their bird to the football at all. must be so boring.

[quote user="marchisio"]dont understand men who take their bird to the football at all. must be so boring.[/quote]I`m taking my Mrs to Forest and Blackburn, well someone has to drive when I`ve had a few beers[;)]

[quote user="marchisio"]dont understand men who take their bird to the football at all. must be so boring.[/quote]I heard a rumour that some women actually like football.  I mean how weird and outlandish is that?  [:O]

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"][quote user="marchisio"]dont understand men who take their bird to the football at all. must be so boring.[/quote]I heard a rumour that some women actually like football.  I mean how weird and outlandish is that?  [:O][/quote]i think ''like'' might be taking it a bit far! I''m blatently gonna be dragged round the shops next weekend because of this [:P]

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"][quote user="Graham Humphrey"][quote user="marchisio"]dont understand men who take their bird to the football at all. must be so boring.[/quote]I heard a rumour that some women actually like football.  I mean how weird and outlandish is that?  [:O][/quote]i think ''like'' might be taking it a bit far! I''m blatently gonna be dragged round the shops next weekend because of this [:P][/quote]Surely you should let her wonder around the shops while you have a few pre-match beverages???