Sign in to follow this  
Tetteys Jig

So, when you get a new bird, how long do you leave it until you tell her...

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]...you support Norwich City and she''s off to Scunthorpe for a lovely Saturday afternoon out!
[/quote]

I''d probably wait till you get inside Scunthorpe''s ground.....then tell her, then inflate her..... 

Straight away lad, if it don''t sit right I''m sure there is a curb close by, can you kick it?, yes you can.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]...you support Norwich City and she''s off to Scunthorpe for a lovely Saturday afternoon out!
[/quote]

When you get her in bed and she notices you have "Norwich City Football Club Founded Ninteen Hundred And Two.Division One Champions Two Thousand And Nine/Two Thousand And Ten" tattooed in full on your todger.[:O]

I don''t tell her. Conversations about football normally go something like this:

Me: I''m going to the football on Saturday.

Her: I''m going into town to buy clothes/shoes*

(*Delete as applicable)

End

I don''t go to the shopping with her, she doesn''t come to the football with me, I''ve found that''s the best way round things so far.

Davo

[quote user="Larry David"]Cant imagine its a problem many on here have ever faced.
[/quote]

Can we not count Madam Palm and Her Five Lovely Daughters as a "new bird"?

[;)]

Mine knew straight away. Doesn''t help that she is a Burnley fan... but that said, she is a regular with me at Carrow Road [:)]

I did once 27 years ago, I told her I was taking her to London for the day as she''d never been and we happened to stumble across a Spurs v Norwich game[;)] at White heart lane.

She hated every minute of it so the following week I asked her to give it another go at a home game at Carrow rd, she hated every minute of that one too.

27 years on and she has still not seen another league game but thankfully has never suggested I give it a miss.

[quote user="Brighton Yellow"]Just never beleive her when she says she doesnt mind and she understands the importance of the occasion to you...[/quote]

Just don''t give her your credit card.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]...you support Norwich City and she''s off to Scunthorpe for a lovely Saturday afternoon out![/quote]Set the ironing board up and tell to get on with what she should be doing on her day off.........

[quote user="IncH_HigH "]

I did once 27 years ago, I told her I was taking her to London for the day as she''d never been and we happened to stumble across a Spurs v Norwich game[;)] at White heart lane.

She hated every minute of it so the following week I asked her to give it another go at a home game at Carrow rd, she hated every minute of that one too.

27 years on and she has still not seen another league game but thankfully has never suggested I give it a miss.

[/quote]But that might be because you haven''t seen her since you took her to Carrow Road....??

[quote user="Cluck"][quote user="Jimmy Smith"]...you support Norwich City and she''s off to Scunthorpe for a lovely Saturday afternoon out!
[/quote]

Set the ironing board up and tell to get on with what she should be doing on her day off.........
[/quote]

....and make sure she has a cooked meal ready for when you get back home.If it is a lovely day how about getting her to cut the grass and wash the car?

[quote user="Cluck"][quote user="Jimmy Smith"]...you support Norwich City and she''s off to Scunthorpe for a lovely Saturday afternoon out![/quote]Set the ironing board up and tell to get on with what she should be doing on her day off.........[/quote][:D] You mean that you actually give her a hand putting it up Cluck???

She should think herself lucky. The first date i took my other half on was Port Vale away, now thats grim! That was Oct 1999 and she still comes to games so be careful what you let yourself in for.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]

When you get her in bed and she notices you have "Norwich City Football Club Founded Ninteen Hundred And Two.Division One Champions Two Thousand And Nine/Two Thousand And Ten" tattooed in full on your todger.[:O]

[/quote]

Or in the real world NCFC

"how do you fancy a trip to the sea side love""ohh yes please""Brilliant, well when i was a kid we used to Holiday in Sunny Scunny, its not far shall we go?""ok"then when you get there "right, im going to dissapear into that stadium for a couple of hours.. but heres £50 now go and spend it somehwere nice.jobs a goodun!

[quote user="Kathy"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]

[/quote] Or in the real world NCFC[/quote]

That''s the trouble with being a fanny magnet when the iron filings have rusted![;)]

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="Cluck"][quote user="Jimmy Smith"]...you support Norwich City and she''s off to Scunthorpe for a lovely Saturday afternoon out![/quote]Set the ironing board up and tell to get on with what she should be doing on her day off.........[/quote]

....and make sure she has a cooked meal ready for when you get back home.If it is a lovely day how about getting her to cut the grass and wash the car?

[/quote]Or....  get her to make up the spare bed cos you''re bringing a tart home for the night.....  [Y]    

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Cluck"][quote user="Jimmy Smith"]...you support Norwich City and she''s off to Scunthorpe for a lovely Saturday afternoon out![/quote]Set the ironing board up and tell to get on with what she should be doing on her day off.........[/quote][:D] You mean that you actually give her a hand putting it up Cluck???[/quote]I always prefer to put it up myself Smudger...... [;)]Less friction.

Oh God.  Not another woman at football.

You''ve let yourself down.

Don''t take her to football and don''t compromise by suggesting that she goes out and does something else instead.  I made that mistake the first time round and it cost me a fortune.  Just tell her that you go to football, on Saturdays.  If she doesn''t like it, she knows where the door is. 

Now is probably a good time to let her down gently on other things as well - the earlier you lay down the ground rules the less problem you will have in the future.

[quote user="dylanisabaddog"]

Oh God.  Not another woman at football.

You''ve let yourself down.

Don''t take her to football and don''t compromise by suggesting that she goes out and does something else instead.  I made that mistake the first time round and it cost me a fortune.  Just tell her that you go to football, on Saturdays.  If she doesn''t like it, she knows where the door is. 

Now is probably a good time to let her down gently on other things as well - the earlier you lay down the ground rules the less problem you will have in the future.

[/quote]

Dylanisabaddog felt quite satisfied as he lay back and relaxed in the warm glow of knowing that he''d gained the upper hand, the opposition crushed and in full retreat. There was to be no messing with the master in this house and all was sweetness and light.

Then the alarm went off, and, unceremoniously dragged into the real world, he suddenly realised despairingly that it had all been but a dream......

[quote user="missing in action?"]I got asked by other half the other day. "Do you love me more than football?"we have now hit a rough patch now....

you did reply with "I love piswitch tahn more than you dear" did you?[;)]