Sign in to follow this  
Lord Flashheart

Keith Harris - What Happened To Him?

[quote user="Mister Chops"]I don''t imagine the work he does is public, for a reason.[/quote]Indeed. Still, it would be nice to have some word on how he''s doing to pacify some of the whingers on this forum that are convinced that the club are making no effort to find investment. Might be worth emailing Mr McNally to see what he has to say. [Y]

[quote user="Lord Flashheart"][quote user="Mister Chops"]I don''t imagine the work he does is public, for a reason.[/quote]Indeed. Still, it would be nice to have some word on how he''s doing to pacify some of the whingers on this forum that are convinced that the club are making no effort to find investment. Might be worth emailing Mr McNally to see what he has to say. [Y][/quote]Wouldn''t the appointment of Stephen Fry to an "ambassador" role indicate the club continue to search for investment?

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Lord Flashheart"][quote user="Mister Chops"]I don''t imagine the work he does is public, for a reason.[/quote]Indeed. Still, it would be nice to have some word on how he''s doing to pacify some of the whingers on this forum that are convinced that the club are making no effort to find investment. Might be worth emailing Mr McNally to see what he has to say. [Y][/quote]Wouldn''t the appointment of Stephen Fry to an "ambassador" role indicate the club continue to search for investment?[/quote]Nah he''s only on the board to strengthen Delia''s position boo club''s a joke boo boo Delia out boo.

[quote user="Lord Flashheart"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Lord Flashheart"][quote user="Mister Chops"]I don''t imagine the work he does is public, for a reason.[/quote]Indeed. Still, it would be nice to have some word on how he''s doing to pacify some of the whingers on this forum that are convinced that the club are making no effort to find investment. Might be worth emailing Mr McNally to see what he has to say. [Y][/quote]Wouldn''t the appointment of Stephen Fry to an "ambassador" role indicate the club continue to search for investment?[/quote]Nah he''s only on the board to strengthen Delia''s position boo club''s a joke boo boo Delia out boo.[/quote]Ah, crap.  You''re right, I''ve been fooled again!  [:$]Sack the board! [8o|]The Chief Executive runs the club, but sack him too! Delia''s Puppet! [8o|]

Did see as he is a man united fan he was part of that group trying to buy man u but that hit the wall and now I saw the other week he is part of a group trying to takeover liverpool

[quote user="Mister Chops"]I don''t imagine the work he does is public, for a reason.

And a prize to the thread''s first "witty" Orville joke.

[/quote]

No-one would surely be that dumb.

Anyway Cuddles The Monkey was much funnier.

Is the prize a good ''un?

[quote user="Lord Flashheart"]Any ideas? I can''t even remember when he was hired to find investment. It must have been a little while ago now and yet no news. Anybody? [*-)]
[/quote]

With Blackpook "Top of the League" are they not proof that you do not need massive investment just a good manager, good backroom staff, a touch of loyalty.....and faith in your players. Blackpool the answer to Norwich'' financial problems and to the mega investments into Manchester City and Chelsea. Must be some very sick owners out there.

[quote user="Bobert"]

[quote user="Lord Flashheart"]Any ideas? I can''t even remember when he was hired to find investment. It must have been a little while ago now and yet no news. Anybody? [*-)][/quote]

With Blackpook "Top of the League" are they not proof that you do not need massive investment just a good manager, good backroom staff, a touch of loyalty.....and faith in your players. Blackpool the answer to Norwich'' financial problems and to the mega investments into Manchester City and Chelsea. Must be some very sick owners out there.

[/quote]Hope you don''t mind when I bump this post in April as they get relegated back to the Championship.And I doubt Man City and Chelsea give a monkey''s about Blackpool.

[quote user="crafty canary"]If Orville was dyed canary yellow, Delia might invite him onto the board as another celebrity director.[/quote]Win!

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="crafty canary"]If Orville was dyed canary yellow, Delia might invite him onto the board as another celebrity director.[/quote]Win![/quote]Well Grant Holt seemed to be glad to get rid of the Duck at the weekend, so he''s got no chance of a seat on the board [:)]

I think it is much more significant that, seven months after appointing Deloitte to “help the club consider their options”, there is still no sign of major new investment.

It was the club’s primary creditors, AXA and Bank of Scotland, who insisted on the calling in Deloitte in the hope that the “professional services organisation” would find someone willing to take over the club.

"It should not surprise anyone living in the real world – which excludes those who fell for the Peter Cullum tosh – that, so far, Deloitte have not been successful. Nor was Keith Harris, the deal-maker Delia Smith and Michael Wynn-Jones had already asked to hunt for an investor.

There simply is not a queue of oil-rich Arabs or Russians forming along Rouen Road. There never has been.

And the reason for the dearth of interest is the same reason AXA and Bank of Scotland want City to find a buyer. They want their money back.

Under the standard terms of the loans, anyone buying the club must settle the debt or renegotiate it, and the lenders don’t want to renegotiate. They want the £23 million or so they are owed.

That was why David Gold and David Sullivan did no more than run a cursory eye over City’s last financial results when they were looking for a club to buy. I had a series of email conversations with Sullivan, but he indicated that the debt was too big and Norwich too far from his home near Epping.

Those financial results were grim, in case you have forgotten. The auditors reported doubts about whether the business could continue as a going concern. Since then, new chairman Alan Bowkett has eked some more time from AXA and Bank of Scotland – and so has done as much for our club as anyone in its recent history.

But the debt has to be whittled down much more and as quickly as possible. That is why I for one didn’t complain when I discovered that prices of pies and pints and the rest had been “rounded up”, as chief executive David McNally put it. Fans cannot urge Delia and Michael to leave huge amounts in the club and then quibble over the cost of a cup of coffee."