Sign in to follow this  
hucks@dh6.co.uk

Scunthorpe Match report on www.dh6.co.uk

Is this actually Hucks! [;)Nice match report btw, Wes & Crofts were probably the 2 faves for MOM by the sound of it. Crofts really is gonna become a fans favourite at the rate he''s going, even including the friendlies he ain''t had a bad game yet.Thanks for the report.

Really good read. I''m hoping that Surman takes a few games to bed in, but I still have confidence that he will end up being a big player for us this season.

[quote user="Excited Canary"]Is this actually Hucks! [;)Nice match report btw, Wes & Crofts were probably the 2 faves for MOM by the sound of it. Crofts really is gonna become a fans favourite at the rate he''s going, even including the friendlies he ain''t had a bad game yet.Thanks for the report.[/quote]why wouldnt it be?

[quote user="Willmeister"]Really good read. I''m hoping that Surman takes a few games to bed in, but I still have confidence that he will end up being a big player for us this season.
[/quote]I had him in the sweepstake second half. [:''(]

We got that free kick just on the edge of the box and I was majorly excited when I saw Surman was going to strike it. But it hit the wall and then he took all the corners so he had no real way of scoring. [:''(]

Still, Holt''s goal more than made up for it. [:)]

What I really like about Hucks'' match reports are the ''good points'' and ''bad points'', an added perspective on the game.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="Excited Canary"]Is this actually Hucks! [;)

Nice match report btw, Wes & Crofts were probably the 2 faves for MOM by the sound of it. Crofts really is gonna become a fans favourite at the rate he''s going, even including the friendlies he ain''t had a bad game yet.

Thanks for the report.
[/quote]

why wouldnt it be?
[/quote]

Having worked in PR for a football club or two I know that the statements/websites/books that players release are very rarely by who they say they are. I''m not saying this isn''t by the man himself, but wouldn''t be surprised if it isn''t. Not that it really matters.

Just don''t believe everything you read...

[quote user="Excited Canary"]Is this actually Hucks! [;)

Nice match report btw, Wes & Crofts were probably the 2 faves for MOM by the sound of it. Crofts really is gonna become a fans favourite at the rate he''s going, even including the friendlies he ain''t had a bad game yet.

Thanks for the report.
[/quote]

Yes, strange one, i''m undecided if it is the man himself, but as mentioned, it doesn''t really matter either way, its just highlighting the mans work on his genuine website.

Pretty much echos my thoughts - I thought Crofts and Wes were excellent and the whole midfield looked better for it. Thought Korey was a bit behind the pace of the game at times but was to be expected.

Hucks was just behind us, got a great ovation at the start of the game.

Any need for the big winter coat though Darren? [:P] It wasn''t that cold!

Hucks,

Great to see you in the crowd on Saturday, I was stood about 2 rows in front - never heard you giving the players any stick - so positive in the modern environment.  How do you keep control?

That would explain all the OH HUCKERBBBBBY chants.

Not that we shouldn''t do that anyway. The guy is clearly a legend! And if it IS him reading this...............Beer Dazza?[B]

Great match report with very clear insights. Will definitely look for these through the rest of the season. The photos of Hucks in full flow bring back great memories! Keep up the good work!

There were many occasions when the play was so compressed that a player like Hucks could have had a field day out wide. I bet he thought that too.[;)]

[quote user="I am a Banana"]won''t be hux! He will just be the name and face of the charity[/quote]

If it is Hux then I am sure he wont mind posting a picture of himself holding up a sign that says Norwich City and Butterbean rocks!

[quote user="I am a Banana"]won''t be hux! He will just be the name and face of the charity[/quote]

You know this because your his son or something??

Didn''t think so

It must be Hucks, because he is a total legend and his Banana comment proves it. Darren - it was a pleasure to see you play for us - you are the man!

Hahahaha!!! Sorry nana, but if you keep dissing the Huckmeister, you''re going to end up with an angry mob carrying flaming torches round your house. Me and you are going to have a long chat, when we next meet, about why exactly you don''t think he is the most exciting player to play for City, probably since Eadie.Go on his site and watch the goal against Brum and tell me he''s crap!

[quote user="morty"]Hahahaha!!! Sorry nana, but if you keep dissing the Huckmeister, you''re going to end up with an angry mob carrying flaming torches round your house. [/quote]I''m not sure nana will care very much. I suspect at this moment he is telling anyone who''ll listen the the Legend Darren Huckerby just called him a dick.

Good report Hucks, have to agree with you on Crofts for man of the match I thought he was outstanding.
Do you think Crofts in that role is going to be more of a permanent fixture than Fox? I think that playing at the base of the diamond you need a destroyer, someone who''s going to put their foot in and break up play. Fox would be more suited further up the field for me.

I have already decided, there is a good possibility, that Crofts will be my player of the season. Every single game I have seen him in (both league, cup game and two friendlies) he has massively impressed me.

[quote user="morty"]I have already decided, there is a good possibility, that Crofts will be my player of the season. Every single game I have seen him in (both league, cup game and two friendlies) he has massively impressed me.
[/quote]

Have to agree with you Morty, he may not be the best on the ball but he works his arse off and is very effective. It''s great to see a player putting everything in for the cause!