Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays funds for FONCY with the Pink un Pickers

With regards to the overall competitin, does it matter what odds your selection is priced at?  There look to be some decent odds about this weekend.  I know the bigger the odds the more we get on the acca,  But does anybody get any recognition for tipping 20 5/1 shots as opposed to getting 21 1/5 shots?

slections that take my fancy this week

wolves v STOKE 15/8

villa v WEST HAM 7/2

barnsley v PALACE 7/4

DONCASTER v bristol c 11/10

sheff u v QPR 2/1

stockport v WYCOMBE 5/4

Anyhows, my selection for this week,

I''ll go safe like most people on here

MAN U v newcastle

United looked decent in the first game of the season, Rooney has a point prove, Scholes was bossing the game on Sunday and Hernandez si looking like a decent addition.  Not gonna be anywhere near the odds above, but if you dont get recognised for tipping value then may as well go for the banker bet.  Also really fancy us to get a result at Scunny, and the price of around 7/4 looks a decent bet with Holt and Martin back amongst the goals.

No Jed it makes no difference to our PUPs League what odds the selections are. Some PUPs prefer safer looking picks while others are more adventurous. The PUPs League is a bit of fun amongst us all but the main object of the thread is to provide the ammunition for the weeks picker to try and win the acca. Each week there are usually 2 or 3 games which are heavily selected. This is no bad thing as it helps the final selector to see a weight of opinion behind certain games.

I understand the need for value to show a profit in normal betting strategies but of course we don''t need value as we are not risking any money. So basically it''s just a personal preference and we''ve had winning weeks as small as £18 and as big as £138.

For those who look for value on their own accas the best value tip I can give is to bet with Billy. Last week I had a 7 game acca which would have paid £200 with Boyle Sports online but when I placed the same bet with Billy the potential return was £300. Needless to say a couple let me down but last season I was succesful on three occasions and the extra I won through betting with Billy ensured that I ended the season in profit.

As the important thing is the win jed, recognition is only given for wins, not the odds.  I asked nutty about this before, but it would be a heck of a calculator job to work out all the odds every week.

Belgium for me this week. Standard Liege won well away from home last week and should follow up with a home win against Lokeren.

Standard Liege   V   Lokeren   Home Win

Looks like a better choice this week for Big Bob, there seems to be a lot of good picks so far.

I have thought long and hard and although I was tempted by the Danish League due to having some form, other Pups have gone for the obvious.....so I''ll be dull and go for

Chelsea v West Brom - Chelsea win

Have also looked far and wide, but will go for a home win for Rangers v. Kilmarnock.

Last season Rangers were W15 D4 L0 F52 A13 at home and Kilmarnock were W3 D3 L13 F6 A24 away.

Good Luck, Big Slob!

League two for me this week. After drawing away at Burton last week and then tonking Bristol Rovers 6-1 Tuesday, Oxford Utd should have too much about them for Bury who have lost both of their opening games. So........

Oxford Utd v Bury........Home win.

Good luck BS. [Y]

I''m off to Turkey on Sunday, well not actually just for my nap

Fenerbahce v Antalyaspor - Home win

May be the first game of the season but I cant see Fenerbahce slipping up at home against..............anyone know who the other team are????

Faroe Islands for me this week, NSI Runavik(league leaders) to win away at B71 Sandoy(8th). A bit risky with a ten team league but

worth a punt. Good luck BB and all PUP''s

MC

[quote user="methcanary"]

Faroe Islands for me this week, NSI Runavik(league leaders) to win away at B71 Sandoy(8th). A bit risky with a ten team league but

MC

[/quote]

I will do my best to find this result for our PUPs league Meth my friend. But should this be in the final selections I have no idea how Billy is going to give us a price. He of course has odds for all the major leagues and if the odds are available on Boyle Sports or Ladbrokes I can give him a their price as a guide.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="methcanary"]

MC

[/quote]

I will do my best to find this result for our PUPs league Meth my friend. But should this be in the final selections I have no idea how Billy is going to give us a price. He of course has odds for all the major leagues and if the odds are available on Boyle Sports or Ladbrokes I can give him a their price as a guide.

Cheers NN, I know you love a challange!!!????!!!

I normally use www.uefa.com to search around Europe and the result will be on there. The game is on Sunday by the way.

MC

[/quote]

Luton Vs Altrincham - Home win for me     Heres as always looking forward to both a City win and of course, a PUPs win :)

[quote user="methcanary"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="methcanary"]

MC

[/quote]

[/quote]

Cheers NN, I know you love a challange!!!????!!!

I normally use www.uefa.com to search around Europe and the result will be on there. The game is on Sunday by the way.

MC

[/quote]

You so know I love a challenge!

Good link Meth[Y] We really need to get all these links together in one place somehow. Sort of like a PUPs reference library.

Thanks to everybody who has picked so far. Especially those that went for more of a risk to provide me with more options, much appreciated. I have decided on about 4 of my 6 selections, I''m still trying to decide whether to go for the 6 safest picks or 1 or 2 more risk bets, to try and get some more money. I will post my final 6 later this afternoon, thanks again.

One more thing... I see Davo picked Rosenborg to beat Molde. I maybe wrong but from what I''m seeing Rosenborg are playing a team called Start in the Norwegian cup this weekend

[quote user="Gingerpele"]By my count Chelsea have been picked 13 times (starting with me [:P] ) Is that unlucky on Friday13th?[/quote]Double negative equals a positive [;)]