Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays funds for FONCY with the Pink un Pickers

Greetings PUPs and welcome to week two of the free bet season. After last weeks unbelievably unkind results, which made Davo’s task virtually impossible, it‘s great to have a chance to get back on track and put those results firmly behind us. This week it’s our good friend Big Slob in charge and making the final selections. Big Slob used to be Big Bob and I think I’ll revert to calling him Big Bob especially if he turns up to one of our PUPs nights. In fact, if he’s really that big I’ll probably just call him Sir! Now Big Bob did really well last season and was up amongst the leaders for the first half of the season. He showed a very competitive edge and finished with a 75% strike rate. I’ve been looking forward to his week in charge since then I’m sure he’ll do us all proud as he tries to get us our first winning week of the new season.

However, as with all weeks Big Bob can only be as good as we allow him to be. It’s up to us PUPs to give him the ammunition he needs to crack Billy’s safe. Don’t forget all we want is your very best selection from the weekends games. There‘s even more to choose from this week as the English and Scottish Premier Leagues are back. The Conference and Kev’s Welsh Premier also return. So I’m sure this week will see us return to form.

Just a quick word about our presentation night. It’s provisionally been set for Friday 3rd September and I am just waiting for confirmation of this date. We are hoping that Neil Adams will be there and possibly Ricky Martin too. I will post again as soon as I know either way.

I

ll hand the free bet over to Big Slob now. Theres no pressure because we are all going to be doing our best to help you get your name in the Free Bet Hall of fame. We all stand together with the single aim of raising money for our great clubs academy.

Good luck all you PUPs... take it away Sir... the free bet is yours.......[:)]..........

As always I leave you with Rays signature which now reads :-

Carve their names with pride.Yankee,3,Fellas,3,P''boro,2,Mr Chops,2,NewYork, Inch High,2, Blahblahblah, NCFC_Shaun, 1st Wazzock, Fonejacker2, orfolkbroadslim, Norfolkchance1, Scooby yes Norfolkchance1 £959 for the Academy,so far.

Thankyou very much Nutty for letting me do this. I really hope i can win some money for the Academy and for us all. If it''s ok with you i''ll choose my final 6 and leave them with you on friday evening.My pick for the weekend will be Huddersfield to beat TranmereThanks again, and thanks in advance to everyone who helps me with a pick.

Good luck Big Slob!As Nutty has said, its a return for the Welsh Premiership boyo''s this week. However, rich pickings may not be as fruitful in this league as often this season - the Welsh Premier has "slimmed down" from 18 clubs to only 12 clubs. They are running a license system in this league now, meaning most of the smaller clubs have been automatically relegated to the league below. The biggest scalp of this cull was Rhyl, who were consistently in the top 3 of the league and regularly featured in my Naps. All Pups beware of the possible perils in this league now, six of my favoured teams are now plying their trade in a league that I don''t think Billy will give odds on. [:(]So, playing Sunday at 14.30, last seasons 3rd placed team PORT TALBOT v Bala Town - HOME WINAny of those interested in watching live Welsh premiership football this season, there are live games on S4C every saturday.Leedscanary

Best of luck BS, you were good at this last season, so I have full faith you will bring the goods home. [:)]

Just had a gander at the games, and ouch, almost every game in the Champ and Prem could go either way!

For me also please Nutty, Chelsea will hammer West Brom.

Sorry to be a sheep, but it''s the only dead cert.

Still early season and still tricky but in the interests of trying to offer something different its the Conference for me this week and...

Rushden & Diamonds v Fleetwood Town - Home Win

Very best of luck Big Slob, and of course all PUPs

I am with you on this one Bob the Slob or whatever Nutty said your name was......HUDDERSFIELD for a home win v Tranmere Rovers.[:P]

Good luck Big Slob I hope you have more luck than I did!

Now I''m going for the team I should of picked last week, Rosenborg undefeated in 20 games with a home record of W7 D3 L0 GF 24 GA7 against lowly Molde whose away record is W0 D5 L5 GF 11 GA 20

Rosenborg V Molde - Home win.

Davo

I''ll take a Rangers home win this week please. I''m sure there''ll be a few more upsets this week but I just can''t see this being one of them.

The very best of luck to Bigslob this week and also to all my fellow pups.[Y]

Nutty I will have to get back to you re the 3rd Sept as it is her indoors birthday as well.[:(]

Have decided to take a pick from Europe this week.

FC COPENHAGEN  - v-  Fc Nordsjaelland   HOME WIN

Copenhagen won away at Odense last week and Nordsjaelland lost at home to Brondby so hope that form continues.

Good Luck Big Slob and all you lovely PUPs[:D][Y]

I''ve been looking after the selections from the PUPs who are away this week. There''s quite a few so here they are ..

Young ''nana went for Aston Villa V West Ham   Home Win

The Great Drinkell went for Ajax Amsterdam V Vitesse Arnheim   Home Win

Mr Bump went for Chelsea V WBA   Home Win

Jimbo_jet_set went for  FC Twente v Heerenveen    Home Win

Excited Canary went for Chelsea V WBA   Home Win

Charlie Farlie went for Huddersfield Town V Tranmere Rovers   Home Win

And of course they all left their very best wishes to Big Slob and all you PUPs.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Very wise Morty [;)]

[/quote]My kids know way more about footy that I do lol.

In the interests of giving our picker a match that hasn''t yet been selected, I will go for Rushden & Diamonds HOME WIN over Fleetwood Town.  Best of luck!

There''s not a lot of form to go on at this early stage of the season but I want to give Mr Slob a different pick to consider so I am off to Denmark for

Brondby v Esbjerg - HOME WIN

There have only been four games played in the Danish league so far but Esbjerg havelost all four of them conceding eleven goals in the process and only finding the net once themselves. Brondby have won three out of their first four games.

Good luck Big Slob [Y]

I''m going to go for Chelsea to beat West Brom, it looks the most likely result of the weekend. After last weeks mishap picking Bristol City I think I will leave our league to settle for a few weeks.

Good Luck Big Slob and all pickers!

Benfica over Acad Coimbra please.Benfica are reigning champions, having won all but six of their games. Acad Coimbra finished lower mid-table.No form to go on, but last seasons respective fixture was won 4-0 by Benfica.Also Benfica have qualified direct to the Champions league, so no qualifying ties to worry about in mid-week.

[quote user="Kathy"]Chelsea to beat Newcastle for me please.[/quote]Chelsea are playing West Brom, Newcastle are playing Man Yoo.