Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

'Jones confirms Bellamy interest'. What about us?

This is the only Bellamy we should be interested in, and should actually appoint him as a Director.....

He could give guidance to the groundstaff on nurturing the hallowed turf - and help care for the posh plants in the club restaurants.....

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

This is the only Bellamy we should be interested in, and should actually appoint him as a Director.....

He could give guidance to the groundstaff on nurturing the hallowed turf - and help care for the posh plants in the club restaurants.....

[/quote]

this one....a better image.

We play Cardiff twice within that 6month window

He''s going to get hatful of goals in this league and i fear with our slightly pedestrian back 4 he''ll terrorize us with is pace too

If this happens its another nail in football s coffin for me. At the risk of sounding like Delia whats the point in trying to compete. We try and do things the right way and all we end up doing is putting ourselves at a disadvantage. Cardiff meanwhile p**s money up the wall, get a new stadium for basically nothing, are nearly bankrupt and then can bring in one of the top players in the country on loan just because Man City with their millions can afford not to sell him to a rival prem team. Meanwhile tinpot Blackburn Rovers (who have about as much potential as my a**e) are being taken over and have £100m to spend on players.

What the f**k is the point?

[quote user="lappinitup"]

"Bellamy to Cardiff on 6 month loan"

"And Sky Sports News are reporting Cardiff boss Dave Jones has told them there has been no contact between them and Manchester City about Bellamy."

http://www.teamtalk.com/cardiff-city/6315490/Bell-s-Cardiff-link-wide-of-mark

Yet more unfounded jibberish from Bly! Should have been added to his "yawn" thread! 

[/quote]

So who was telling porkies then Lapp?

Perhaps this should be added to your "cocked leg up" thread[:D]

[quote user="Jim Smith"]

If this happens its another nail in football s coffin for me. At the risk of sounding like Delia whats the point in trying to compete. We try and do things the right way and all we end up doing is putting ourselves at a disadvantage. Cardiff meanwhile p**s money up the wall, get a new stadium for basically nothing, are nearly bankrupt and then can bring in one of the top players in the country on loan just because Man City with their millions can afford not to sell him to a rival prem team. Meanwhile tinpot Blackburn Rovers (who have about as much potential as my a**e) are being taken over and have £100m to spend on players.

[/quote]

On the one hand, it''s refreshing to see a ''superstar'' footballer wanting to play for his home town club but on the other hand, everything Jim says is spot on. Why did it have to be Bellamy and Cardiff?

When he''s tearing our defence to shreds, it''s really going to stick in the throat that he''s playing for a club that have taken the p#ss out of all it''s creditors including the HMRC.

Maybe it''s jealousy, but I don''t think I would feel the same if it happened to a well run club.

Of course Jim is right!

I have said many times and will continue to say it. The loan system is killing football because of the way the top clubs use it.

All Man City are interested in is making sure Bellamy can''t play against them. So why not buy another six top players and then deprive the Premiership of those players by loaning them elsewhere?

There are many aspects of the loan system that are wrong. The top clubs get as many of the top young players on their books from all over the world as they can to make sure they don''t miss the megastar.

So now we see that not only will Manchester City''s money change things greatly in the Premiership it will also change things greatly in the Championship. What next? Patrick Viera to Doncaster?

[quote user="Jim Smith"]

[/quote]

Couldn''t agree more, really gets on my tits. I''d much rather we did things the way we do but it really does stink that those that don''t do things properly seemingly get away with it.

He will be the target of every big defender in this league, who will do everything to wind him up and put him on his arse.I fully expect him to get sent off within his first few games, and announce his retirement from football. In theory this is his chance to put himself in the shop window, in practise, he''ll screw it up, whilst driving Cardiff deeper into the financial brown stuff.

[quote user="morty"]He will be the target of every big defender in this league, who will do everything to wind him up and put him on his arse.

I fully expect him to get sent off within his first few games, and announce his retirement from football. In theory this is his chance to put himself in the shop window, in practise, he''ll screw it up, whilst driving Cardiff deeper into the financial brown stuff.

[/quote]

Whilst I don''t want to wish Bellamy any harm, I would find this scenario really funny.

it''s not just 6 months, he''s there until the end of the season. Will shake things up a bit.but to those saying that Man City can do this because of their wealth, that''s probably not entirely true. If you read Arsene Wenger''s criticism of the new squad restrictions (interview in the Guardian at the weekend, I think), he believes that any player left out of the 25 named in the squad could get their contract cancelled, so if Bellamy really wanted to go to Spurs or Fulham or wherever, he could have forced the issue. It just sounds like he''s quite happy to go and be a big fish in a smaller pond at Cardiff, he doesn''t think he''s got anything to prove, he can live at home and work nearby, and Man City don''t care about Cardiff, so it suited all parties in this case.

I have given this a lot of consideration, and I''m afraid if he was touted to us, at a reported 45k a week, I wouldn''t have him.He is already an unsettling influence in a team where his peers are on the same money, but putting him into a team where he is earning 3 times as much as everybody else and probably gobbing off about it, I think has problems written all over it.And I''m afraid signing him really doesn''t guarantee them winning the league.

WHat I want to know is, where are Cardiff getting the money to pay people like Bellamy? They only just escaped a winding order a few weeks back, owe loads in tax and are massively in debt…

It seems their approach to financial matters hasn''t changed - e.g gamble it all on buying a team that might take them up and worry about it later.

Personally, I think this is bad for football. If they do succeed and get promoted, it sets a bad precedent. I for one hope that they fail and go bust. It would teach them a lesson.

Somebody on here I think once said that Bellamy used to goad the Scottish Premier defenders by asking them how much they were paid, and then telling them that he paid his gardener more.  Sounds like a proper wind up merchant !

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

Jay Boothroyd has said Bellamy has signed for Cardiff on his Twitter account. I am massively shocked.

Guess Man City didn''t want him to go to a Premier League rival.

[/quote]Given the 25 player squad size ruling, he could be the first of many off to either the championship, or abroad.  Probably will be the biggest name to get a loan move to the championship though.

[quote user="Metatron"]I agree with Jim Smith - summed it up very well[/quote]

He has but while you ,me,him and countless thousands of others support our teams,the football league and the premiership will continue to run it how they feel.

We just condone it while they take the ****

I thought football should be played on a level piece of ground. They stopped that years ago!

Confirmed on Sky sports

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11704_6317824,00.html

Well thats it, they have just won the league. Shame we didnt go in for him.

Once more - BAN ALL LOANS -

If a player isn''t in the 25 man squad then he should be a free agent to join any other club he wishes after getting a pay off for his remaining contract.

Perhaps then the silly money some players are paid would stop and more clubs would be able to sign their own players and at last there would be a fairer system than the ''rich boys club'' of recent years.

[quote user="Sell By Dave"]WHat I want to know is, where are Cardiff getting the money to pay people like Bellamy? They only just escaped a winding order a few weeks back, owe loads in tax and are massively in debt… It seems their approach to financial matters hasn''t changed - e.g gamble it all on buying a team that might take them up and worry about it later. Personally, I think this is bad for football. If they do succeed and get promoted, it sets a bad precedent. I for one hope that they fail and go bust. It would teach them a lesson.[/quote]

That''s a very good question and one we may never get the answer to

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="Sell By Dave"]WHat I want to know is, where are Cardiff getting the money to pay people like Bellamy? They only just escaped a winding order a few weeks back, owe loads in tax and are massively in debt… It seems their approach to financial matters hasn''t changed - e.g gamble it all on buying a team that might take them up and worry about it later. Personally, I think this is bad for football. If they do succeed and get promoted, it sets a bad precedent. I for one hope that they fail and go bust. It would teach them a lesson.[/quote]

That''s a very good question and one we may never get the answer to

[/quote]

Win the league & the tens of millions that coem with Premiership make the financial worries dissolve (unless the spend all that too)

Coudl quite simply be a wealthy benefactor who will be give the money back if they win promotion paying wages

Or Cardiff have essential bet the entire future survival on this s**t or bust, all eggs in 1 basket move

Part of me hopes they finish 3rd on goal difference and we beat them in play off final

[quote user="open goal"]Confirmed on Sky sports

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11704_6317824,00.html

Well thats it, they have just won the league. Shame we didnt go in for him.[/quote]

Woah there, hold your horses! You think just ''cause Cardiff have signed Bellers they''re going to win the League?!Yeah, you''re probably right.

Motherwell are now threatening them with a winding up order. Couldn''t make this up could you?

"Well thats it, they have just won the league."

Ever since they banned player injuries, stopped suspending players, abolished human fatigue, fixed players confidence, made God revoke luck and got everyone to get on all the time - football is almost a foregone conclusion...