Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

'Jones confirms Bellamy interest'. What about us?

[quote user="Lambo"]It''s crazy, he was player of the season in the PL last season IMO. Was sensational for City. Now he''s having to drop to the Championship to get 1st team football.[/quote]Not really true, he could walk into most teams in the premiership. He wants to be close to his wife & kid(s) who live in Cardiff... If only someone could talk her into moving to Norfolk!!!!!

Bruce''s Header-
''''Not really true, he could walk into most teams in the premiership. He wants to be close to his wife & kid(s) who live in Cardiff... If only someone could talk her into moving to Norfolk!!!!! ''''

I think he also has a huge love of Cardiff fc, so it has little to do with his wife and kids IMO. I''d love to see him back at CR, but not as an opposition striker!

Like Huckerby only much more so (dare I say it)

Still at the height of his considerable powers. A match winner at Premiership level, nevermind Championship.

Unbelievable loan signing by Cardiff City.  Hope it''s true because I''d love to see him play down here again.

I think if it happens, as it looks like it will, they have got to be favourites for promotion. He will undoubtedly rip defences to shreds at this level, and it;''s not like you can put everone on him as the rest of their strikeforce is none too shabby.

Well done Cardiff City!

Nice one Bellers!

[quote user="walks on water"]

Like Huckerby only much more so (dare I say it)

Still at the height of his considerable powers. A match winner at Premiership level, nevermind Championship.

Unbelievable loan signing by Cardiff City.  Hope it''s true because I''d love to see him play down here again.

I think if it happens, as it looks like it will, they have got to be favourites for promotion. He will undoubtedly rip defences to shreds at this level, and it''s not like you can put everyone on him as the rest of their strikeforce is none too shabby.

Well done Cardiff City!

Nice one Bellers!

[/quote]

I''m a huge Bellamy fan, but I''d dread him coming here & playing against us... Remember how much better we were when Hucks joined us on loan, well times that by 2 or 3 & you have Cardiff this season. I certainly wouldn''t bet against them winning the league. I remember listening to the radio after leaving Highfield Road in the 03/04 season. It had been the ''Darren Huckerby Show'' & we''d won 2 nil. A Coventry fan was saying the only difference between the 2 teams was Darren Huckerby. He seemed to be almost angry as it was an unfair advantage, which indeed it was almost was. Well, that''s how I''d feel if Bellars rips us apart like that this season.

Detested by every squad he''s ever played with.

And would be way too expensive. I cant stand the little twerp, but he''s got better and better as the years have rolled on.....fantastic player.

With all due respect to Huckerby, a legend, Bellamy was one of the Premiership''s best players last season. Huckerby was struggling to get into the Man City team after Keegan decided he had no plans for him. Yes, Bellamy can''t get into the team, but it''s because Man City are spunking silly money over other signings. Bellamy is on a completely different level to Hucks at that time. All the same, if he''s even remotely considering Cardiff, then there must at least be a slim chance he''d come back to the club which effectively bred him. I get that his family is there, but stranger things have happened in football after all. If he does go to Cardiff though and stays fit, they''ll easily be top by Christmas. I think Man City are making a massive mistake by effectively kicking him to the curb, he was absolutely ace last season, even in the second half of the season where he wasn''t getting picked as often. This was only highlighted further yesterday, when City were lucky to escape with a 0-0 draw after providing little in the way of attacking threat.

And the fact Man City are refusing to sell him to any top 6 rivals. Is that not restriction of trade?

He''s not signed for them. He has been banished from Man City so is training with Cardiff as its where he lives. I suspect they may try and sign him but will struggle to pay the necessary chunk towards his wages. If they do manage to stump up the cash then questions need to be asked because this is a club who still owe millions to the tax man and who until last week had a transfer embargo on them!

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

NOTHING VENTURED, NOTHING GAINED!!!! 

What''s to be lost by talking to him?

Beats me.

Or does it?

Hmmm.....

OTBC

[/quote]

Ummm maybe Lambert doesn''t want him so questioning why we have or haven''t talked to him is irrelevant.

Bellamy is on £95k a week

Even if Man City offered to pay 2/3''s of that we''d still have to find £22k a week

Too much in my opinion considering we do have a potent attack already

[quote user="Morph"]
Jim, according to this article:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1302263/Cardiff-City-survive-fourth-winding-order-paying-1-3m-tax-bill.html

Cardiff managed to pay off a big chunk of the debt to HMRC.

So maybe Bellas could be seen in a Bluebirds shirt this season.
[/quote]

"Substantial chunk" being the operative words which implies they still owe them money.

I have to say though even if they paid them off in full you would have to question a system which allows a club who have faced 4 winding up orders in 2 years and who have been on the brink of financial ruin to gain a huge advantage over their league rivals by signing a player who is on £95K a week. I know it sounds like sour grapes if they sign him (which it is) but it just feel wrong to me, especially after they were given "special dispensation" by the league to start signing players again anyway.

[quote user="I am a Pomegranate"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

NOTHING VENTURED, NOTHING GAINED!!!! 

What''s to be lost by talking to him?

Beats me.

Or does it?

Hmmm.....

OTBC

[/quote]

Ummm maybe Lambert doesn''t want him so questioning why we have or haven''t talked to him is irrelevant.

[/quote]

Maybe so, but is that a good thing?

OTBC

[quote user="lappinitup"]

"Bellamy to Cardiff on 6 month loan"

"And Sky Sports News are reporting Cardiff boss Dave Jones has told them there has been no contact between them and Manchester City about Bellamy."

http://www.teamtalk.com/cardiff-city/6315490/Bell-s-Cardiff-link-wide-of-mark

Yet more unfounded jibberish from Bly! Should have been added to his "yawn" thread! 

[/quote]

So you would believe that would you?

Bound to tell everyone he is after him isn''t he!

[quote user="The Butler"][quote user="lappinitup"]

"And Sky Sports News are reporting Cardiff boss Dave Jones has told them there has been no contact between them and Manchester City about Bellamy."

Yet more unfounded jibberish from Bly! Should have been added to his "yawn" thread! [/quote]So you would believe that would you?

Bound to tell everyone he is after him isn''t he![/quote]You''re saying Jones is a liar then Buttles?

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="The Butler"][quote user="lappinitup"]

Yet more unfounded jibberish from Bly! Should have been added to his "yawn" thread! [/quote]So you would believe that would you?

Bound to tell everyone he is after him isn''t he![/quote]You''re saying Jones is a liar then Buttles?

[/quote]

I am saying ,like most managers,agents etc, "economical with the truth"

There have been quotes before,like "never heard of him" to be signed a week later.

Why do people who push for an answer expect then to get a truthful one.

Might be fact, might not. Are you saying Murdoch is liar then Lapp?

[quote user="The Butler"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="The Butler"][quote user="lappinitup"]"Bellamy to Cardiff on 6 month loan"

Bound to tell everyone he is after him isn''t he![/quote]You''re saying Jones is a liar then Buttles?[/quote]I am saying ,like most managers,agents etc, "economical with the truth"

There have been quotes before,like "never heard of him" to be signed a week later.

Might be fact, might not. Are you saying Murdoch is liar then Lapp?[/quote]You''re trying to put words in my mouth now Buttles. The only thing I have said is, Bly''s "Bellamy to Cardiff on 6 month loan" appears to be untrue. I don''t really see why you are defending him. Couldn''t be anything to do with Cluck declaring he was going to re-form the "Purists" could it? [^o)]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="The Butler"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="The Butler"][quote user="lappinitup"]"Bellamy to Cardiff on 6 month loan"

Bound to tell everyone he is after him isn''t he![/quote]You''re saying Jones is a liar then Buttles?[/quote]I am saying ,like most managers,agents etc, "economical with the truth"

Might be fact, might not. Are you saying Murdoch is liar then Lapp?[/quote]You''re trying to put words in my mouth now Buttles. The only thing I have said is, Bly''s "Bellamy to Cardiff on 6 month loan" appears to be untrue. I don''t really see why you are defending him. Couldn''t be anything to do with Cluck declaring he was going to re-form the "Purists" could it? [^o)]

[/quote]

Heel hound!!

Not defending Bly but you do seem keen to always get at him justified or not.

Never been a Puritan always liked the looks of the Cavalairs myself![;)]

The Guardian, because of its Manchester roots, is often best for stories about City and United. It is saying this:

An angry Bellamy has returned to Wales to be with his family and is expected to train with Cardiff City tomorrow.

Cardiff

have contacted City to ascertain their position and are hoping to

capitalise on Bellamy''s desire to play for his hometown club by

persuading him to take a pay cut on a loan agreement. However, reports

of a deal being imminent are premature, with City turning down a request

from the Championship club to pay part of Bellamy''s £95,000-a-week

salary.

City would prefer to sell the 31-year-old. 

We''re £20m in debt, and I don''t think the solution is to start paying a proportion of a disruptive and probably uncommitted ex-player''s £95k a week wages.

[quote user="Ankles"]Bellamy is on £95k a week Even if Man City offered to pay 2/3''s of that we''d still have to find £22k a week Too much in my opinion considering we do have a potent attack already[/quote]

Not always true.

When Chelsea had enough of Juan Veron, they paid all his wages while he was at Inter, as they didnt want him hanging about bringing the mood down. Dont get me wrong, to start with they wanted his wages paid, but Inter knew they had them over a barrel as he would just unsettle the team 

Some clubs dont always ask for a percentage of the wage, as they just want them away from the club.

Oh and Bellamy is not on 95k, its 75k, and that includes bonuses. But whats 20k between friends. 

Wont come here, and wont go to cardiff.

I think Man City have just shafted their best player of last season, the same way they done it to Richard Dunne. yes Bellamy can be a pain in the arse, but who would you want in your team? The mercenary overated Yaya Toure, or the work his arse off Craig Bellamy, who is on a 3rd of his wage?

Im a bit suprised the players union hasnt stepped in, when Man City are refusing to sell him to a top 6 club. Thats restriction of trade. You cant say we will accept 5m for him, but only if you are a crap club, or play in a different league.

I really dont see why he should be moving to the championship, he really doesnt deserve it. In my opinion he was one of man citys best players last season and has proved that he can still easily cut it at that level. The only reason he isnt in there 25 man squad is because Mancini doesnt appear to like him. I honestly think he would get in the majority of premier league teams first teams and if he did move to cardiff you would think he would tear this league apart

I would love to see Bellars back but am realistic enough to see this won''t happen. The lad needs to be loved and have his ego massaged to get the best out of him.

The man to do this is undoubtably one Mr Hughes IMO Bellars will end up at Fulham in time.

And I for one wish him well as he''s a very exciting player to watch.