Sign in to follow this  
Smudger

Report from Scunthorpe by Team Fanny Magnet

Match ratings...

Ruddy 7 - what he had to do he did well, Russel Martin 7 (from Smudge and Morty) 8 (from Tilly and Gazza) done very well defensively and got forwards more than usual, Drury 7 - solid average display, Nelson 7 average performance (Morty says he was better than the Doc''s performance for Charlton last night, Smudger only gives Nelson a 6 as he was turned once or twice and feels better strikers would have made us pay the price for that), Ward 8 all agree best game in a City shirt so far and he also used the ball well with good distribution from the back (Gazza and Smudge gave Ward Man of the match), Crofts 8 (Gazza says 7 - more suited to base of the diamond than Fox, Smudge feels that he tackled well and imposed himself well first half but was part of a midfield that sat far too deep when the game was there for the taking after 60 mins, Korey Smith 6 (looked like he was struggling to find fitness, Smudge gives him a 7 as thought that he struggled first half but came in to things more during the 2nd half), Surman 7 (Tilly says 6 - drifted in and out of the game), Hoolahan 8 (played well, a thorn in their side, creative, put in a few good crosses and was unlucky not to find the back of the net with a couple of good strikes on goal from the edge of the box, Chris Martin 7 (Tilly gives him a 6 for drifting in and out of the game, he had one good effort on goal first half and was unlucky not to have set Holt up after good work on the left edge of the area at the start of the 2nd Half - Subbed for Jackson with 10 mins to go), Holt 8 (makes a difference to the side, worked hard although not fully fit, did well to get 90 mins under his belt and was unlucky not to get two goals)... Jackson 6, Lappin 7 set Holt''s goal up.

The Old Farmhouse was a chavvy chain dump that charged over £3 for a pint of gasoline, the best boobs of the day were seen on a hefty City fan (with love handles too) who perched himself on the front of the away end wall prior to kick off. Encouraged by this Morty purchased not one, but two steak pies in an attempt to grow his own at half time.

Now on the trek home through the delightful Lincolnshire and Tilly is catching flies in the back seat bless him... and he still didn''t get to find out if Kathy is active at the moment!

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Good report, safe journey all.[/quote]Meant to ask if you''re in Tilly''s car with "that" numberplate - the same one I saw execute some real amber gambling on Grapes Hill lights a fortnight or so ago.  If so, really do wish you best wishes for a safe journey.

[quote user="First Wizard"]

I''m confused, others have given Nelson far better ratings, curious.

[/quote]Is Nelson going to be your new favourite player?

On my return home I shall add vital details missing from the original report.I had a Ginsters steak pie, which was rather good, so I had another one. Gaz had a pastie which he said had too much gravy in, and Tilly had a chicken tikka pie, which was average.Smudger shouted quite a lot at some of the players and I think it scared them a bit.Tilly fell asleep on the way home.

And what rating for Paul Lambert?

He recognised that the back four needed more protection and moved Crofts to play in front of them. No surprise to see that Ward and Nelson both had more than decent games as they could play in their zone and not get dragged up the pitch and turned as Nelson did against Watford.

After fading a little in the last fifteen minutes of the first half we came out firing after half time and dominated pretty much the whole of  the second half.

And he brought Lappin on who created the winning goal.

A 10/10 from me.

[quote user="Heffers Canary"]Russell Martin a 7? REAAALLLLY???? bless, you guys are generous!![/quote]He was neat and tidy, got up the pitch well when required.Were you there? Did you see him do much wrong?

What''s wrong with 7 for Russell Martin?  Everybody around me kept shouting abuse at him all match but apart from a couple of crap throw-ins (or throws-in, perhaps?) and that bizarre cross/shot hybrid in the second half... he had a decent game.  Didn''t do much wrong.

[quote user="Tim Allman"]

And what rating for Paul Lambert?

He recognised that the back four needed more protection and moved Crofts to play in front of them. No surprise to see that Ward and Nelson both had more than decent games as they could play in their zone and not get dragged up the pitch and turned as Nelson did against Watford.

After fading a little in the last fifteen minutes of the first half we came out firing after half time and dominated pretty much the whole of  the second half.

And he brought Lappin on who created the winning goal.

A 10/10 from me.

[/quote]Yeah all good points. I thought it was a bit of a no brainer really trying Crofts at the base. Fox is a skillful player but Crofts has a mean tackle on him that makes him more suited to the role.I thought Lappin played well in the cup game midweek, and did wonder if he may have got a start today.

Tried to find the fanny magnet team at half time but to no avail [:)] Agree with most of your ratings  especially with Korey and Surman drifting in and out of the game. Also thought Croft was much better than Fox in the base of the diamond.

Last 15 mins we were at our best and great goal by Holt.

Got home at 8pm so easy trip home [:)]

Morty, I thought some of his passing was astray and wasteful. This is Stef by the way, sorry I missed you guys at the pub. Bearing in mind I''m back in Cambridgeland already, suggests you had a good time after the game?

[quote user="Heffers Canary"]Morty, I thought some of his passing was astray and wasteful. This is Stef by the way, sorry I missed you guys at the pub. Bearing in mind I''m back in Cambridgeland already, suggests you had a good time after the game?[/quote]Would you say you''re not a fan of him? Because sometimes if you go to games, and decide before you go you don''t like a player, then theres nothing he will do that will change your mind.We went for a small libation afterwards, to give the traffic a chance to die down lol. We got to teh pub pretty late due to Traffic and setting off late.

[IMG]http://i869.photobucket.com/albums/ab257/mortymccarthy/DSCF1523.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i869.photobucket.com/albums/ab257/mortymccarthy/DSCF1520.jpg[/IMG]

[quote user="cityangel"]

Tried to find the fanny magnet team at half time but to no avail [:)] Agree with most of your ratings  especially with Korey and Surman drifting in and out of the game. Also thought Croft was much better than Fox in the base of the diamond.

Last 15 mins we were at our best and great goal by Holt.

Got home at 8pm so easy trip home [:)]

[/quote]We were over near the pie stall and toilets.[:)]

And some more on my day out - I arrived in the ground at 2.10pm after a cardboard lunch for £5 and a couple of pints of hooligan juice at the Old Farmhouse which filled me up and quenched my thirst very nicely. We were served by a very attractive looking waitress who sounded like she had done a balloon full of helium before she spoke to us to ask if our lunch was ok. In the ground I was pleasantly surprised to be charged only £1.20 for a coffee which would have cost me £2.00 at Carrow Road. And the queue moved faster as they had more people serving, not because the priced was, er, “rounded”.

And a few some thoughts on the warm up which I watched with Graham Humphrey. Poor old John Ruddy looked like he was trying to catch a bar of soap in a shower for most of the time but during the game he looked as safe as houses. And the shooting? What was going on there? Almost every shot was Row L bound, and if there had been a row Z in the away end the ball would have ended up there. Perhaps the players were having a bet to see who they could hit. If they were I wonder who won?

[quote user="Bowgy"]What coach number were you lot on?i enjoyed my day at scunthorpe..shame they didnt do any singing, also what was with their presentor? most annoying and not funny person EU.[/quote]Lol, we weren''t on cabbage, we drove.

[quote user="Tim Allman"]

And the shooting? What was going on there? Almost every shot was Row L bound, and if there had been a row Z in the away end the ball would have ended up there. Perhaps the players were having a bet to see who they could hit. If they were I wonder who won?

[/quote]

Perhaps they were using the WC balls?

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Bowgy"]What coach number were you lot on?

i enjoyed my day at scunthorpe..shame they didnt do any singing, also what was with their presentor? most annoying and not funny person EU.
[/quote]

Lol, we weren''t on cabbage, we drove.
[/quote]Morty! [:)]

I am right at the front of those pictures (i think). I took a bunch and will upload tomorrow. Was on row B and went to the front when we scored. [:)]

It was magical!

[quote user="Brendo "]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Bowgy"]What coach number were you lot on?i enjoyed my day at scunthorpe..shame they didnt do any singing, also what was with their presentor? most annoying and not funny person EU.[/quote]Lol, we weren''t on cabbage, we drove.[/quote]Morty! [:)]

I am right at the front of those pictures (i think). I took a bunch and will upload tomorrow. Was on row B and went to the front when we scored. [:)]

It was magical!

[/quote]Yeah, thought  I saw you, was going to come say hello at the end but you''d gone! Yah, twas a good day out!

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Brendo "]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Bowgy"]What coach number were you lot on?

i enjoyed my day at scunthorpe..shame they didnt do any singing, also what was with their presentor? most annoying and not funny person EU.
[/quote]

Lol, we weren''t on cabbage, we drove.
[/quote]Morty! [:)]

It was magical!

[/quote]

Yeah, thought  I saw you, was going to come say hello at the end but you''d gone! Yah, twas a good day out!
[/quote]I thought Team Fanny Magnet ([:D] Snigger) walked past and shouted my name. [:S] Someone did I am sure just before kick off, but wasn''t sure.

[quote user="Brendo "][quote user="morty"][quote user="Brendo "]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Bowgy"]What coach number were you lot on?i enjoyed my day at scunthorpe..shame they didnt do any singing, also what was with their presentor? most annoying and not funny person EU.[/quote]Lol, we weren''t on cabbage, we drove.[/quote]Morty! [:)]

It was magical!

[/quote]Yeah, thought  I saw you, was going to come say hello at the end but you''d gone! Yah, twas a good day out![/quote]I thought Team Fanny Magnet ([:D] Snigger) walked past and shouted my name. [:S] Someone did I am sure just before kick off, but wasn''t sure.[/quote]Yup, I shouted you.You ignored me so I flounced off.

[quote user="Smudger"]I have a couple of pics too... PM me and let me know how I put them up Morty... [;)][/quote]Lol, did you take pics of me and Tilly snoozing in the back seat?