Sign in to follow this  
Mister Chops

Ruddy looks cruddy

Very poor against Everton in the friendly, and tonight he did very little to suggest he''s going to be Championship standard as a keeper.  Two soft goals and the near-miss when he palmed down a tame cross only for the Watford player to head wide from 2 yards out suggests that he''s not the new Fraser Forster.  It was a disappointing display in many areas tonight, though Crofts was excellent, but I would be very worried about Ruddy being the last line of defence.

Agree. Think he has trouble getting down for the low stuff. Trouble is, if he keeps conceding soft goals his confidence will get shot. We could then end up with another Theo on our hands .......

He had no chance with the first and only an excellent save would of stopped the second and third. The palm down to the Watford player was worrying though. Think the Everton game rattled his confidence a little and tonight won''t have helped.Hopefully he will keep a clean sheet next game and have no little moments, too soon to judge any players as yet, one bad game doesn''t equal a bad player (and I even extend that the Theo)

[quote user="ron obvious"]
Agree. Think he has trouble getting down for the low stuff. Trouble is, if he keeps conceding soft goals his confidence will get shot. We could then end up with another Theo on our hands .......

[/quote]

Totally agree, going to have to work on fitness big time and sharpen up if he''s going to lumber about. Big men can still get down, he just doesn''t have that sharpness you need at the mo''.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Very poor against Everton in the friendly, and tonight he did very little to suggest he''s going to be Championship standard as a keeper.  Two soft goals and the near-miss when he palmed down a tame cross only for the Watford player to head wide from 2 yards out suggests that he''s not the new Fraser Forster.  It was a disappointing display in many areas tonight, though Crofts was excellent, but I would be very worried about Ruddy being the last line of defence.

[/quote]

Why do you think Everton let him go - hardly gonna be a world beater is he

[quote user="Bomber"]

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Very poor against Everton in the friendly, and tonight he did very little to suggest he''s going to be Championship standard as a keeper.  Two soft goals and the near-miss when he palmed down a tame cross only for the Watford player to head wide from 2 yards out suggests that he''s not the new Fraser Forster.  It was a disappointing display in many areas tonight, though Crofts was excellent, but I would be very worried about Ruddy being the last line of defence.[/quote]

Why do you think Everton let him go - hardly gonna be a world beater is he

[/quote]He doesn''t have to be a world beater, he just has to be competent.

how can you say this, if he could get the one down to his right which was a fantastic save it shows he can be sharp.. its only been one game i will make my judgement after 5 games

[quote user="evertoniancolufan"]Dear Norwich,

hahaha
Thanks for taking him off our hands

Lots of Love,
Everton
[/quote]

If we still have the receipt can we get a refund?

[quote user="nevermind"]how can you say this, if he could get the one down to his right which was a fantastic save it shows he can be sharp.. its only been one game i will make my judgement after 5 games[/quote]It''s a mystery isn''t it?  Nobody in the entire team really shone but it''s pick on the goalie time.  Yes Ruddy made a mistake but got away with it,  but he was regarded as the best goalie in Scotland last year.  So imo I''ll see how it pans out in 4 or 5 games.

Just as with a year ago I didn''t have a lot of confidence in Theo following the pre-season and it''s pretty much the same this time around with Ruddy.

He needs to put in a couple of good performances very quickly.

[quote user="GJP"]

Just as with a year ago I didn''t have a lot of confidence in Theo following the pre-season and it''s pretty much the same this time around with Ruddy.

[/quote]

i urge city fans to please give ruddy and the team time

[quote user="First Wazzock"]

[quote user="evertoniancolufan"]Dear Norwich,hahahaThanks for taking him off our handsLots of Love,Everton[/quote]

If we still have the receipt can we get a refund?

[/quote]no [img]http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/multimedia/archive/00024/kenwright_280x420_24130a.jpg[/img]

I think people have jumped on his back to quick. As a keeper it is not the easiest position to settle into...give him 3 more matches and them judge him.

[quote user="GJP"]

[/quote]The difference with Theo purely based on my opinion, Theo looked rather sub standard all round. 

[quote user="nevermind"][quote user="GJP"]

[/quote]

i urge city fans to please give ruddy and the team time

[/quote]

How much time do you give him?

I''m not going to get on his case at the games and add to any criticism from the stands, that doesn''t help anyone.

But...he needs to be better and quickly. We''re playing for points now.

I got slated for stating that Ruddy was at best second rate and tonight''s performance doesn''t do anything to change my mind!!How long do we give the guy?

[quote user="Snakepit Rebel"]I got slated for stating that Ruddy was at best second rate and tonight''s performance doesn''t do anything to change my mind!!How long do we give the guy?[/quote]How about we give him until the 4 players in front of him play well together?Oh no wait! Its ALWAYS the goalkeepers fault....

[quote user="Snakepit Rebel"]I got slated for stating that Ruddy was at best second rate and tonight''s performance doesn''t do anything to change my mind!!

How long do we give the guy?
[/quote]we have got to give the whole team time to gel...i would say 7-10 games at least

I agree but I would point out that Rudd (not Ruddy) has not really played badly in any match I''ve seen him in, whereas Ruddy (not Rudd) has played badly in two!

This begs the question, why did Rudd not need time eo get familiar with the defence etc etc when he''s an inexperienced 18 yr old?

[quote user="CT"][quote user="Snakepit Rebel"]I got slated for stating that Ruddy was at best second rate and tonight''s performance doesn''t do anything to change my mind!!How long do we give the guy?[/quote]How about we give him until the 4 players in front of him play well together?Oh no wait! Its ALWAYS the goalkeepers fault....[/quote]A harmless cross comes in and the goalkeeper drops it at the feet of a Watford player who somehow misses it.A harmless shot comes in and the goalkeeper lets it squirm under his body and into the goal.Was this anyone else''s fault?

A central defender who has played in the Premiership stands off a player about to shoot at goal from twelve yards out with covering defenders around him and then turns his back when the forward shoots allowing the deflection to be put past the keeper. Yes its always the keeper''s fault!

[quote user="Yellow Wall"]A central defender who has played in the Premiership stands off a player about to shoot at goal from twelve yards out with covering defenders around him and then turns his back when the forward shoots allowing the deflection to be put past the keeper. Yes its always the keeper''s fault![/quote]Don''t let the facts get in the way of a good witch hunt.

No no no no. Not yet. I agree that he didn''t look good last night, but nerves can really play a part on a league debut. The defence didn''t play well, the midfield didn''t protect well enough, and we didn''t look organised defensively as a team. They all play a part in a keeper''s performance.He needs our support more than anything at the moment - think of how Gomes (a highly rated keeper) turned things around at Tottenham, and NOBODY would have believed that he could be so good.