Sign in to follow this  
Capt_Canary

Ruddy Hell He's Terrible

Is it not too late to get in Fraser Forster? Ruddy was truely terrible and I believe Forster would have saved at least two of their goals. He fails to inspire me and he is Theo mark II.

Also on another note, how bad was Elliott Ward? Begins to make you think why he didnt get in the Coventry team?

ok i''ve bitten. I don''t care if this post was supposed to be taking the pee. Why the hell are people judging him and the rest of our new players on one sodding league game? I know what people are saying about Everton (i wasn''t there so can''t comment) but that was only a friendly! If everyone is complaining near the January window that we need a keeper because he doesn''t look great, then fair play. He was not awful, yeah ok he wasn''t world class but he certainly wasn''t awful. If this post is not a joke, maybe you can explain what he did wrong to make him so awful? The only thing that i remember is that spilled cross which ended up in a goal kick anyway so he must have known what he was doing [:P] just will people please stop judging after one game? Look at how we picked things up after last years first game? I''m not saying we will go and romp the league its just a lot of change can happen! Keep the faith!

Can people stop going on about Fraser Forster - he is Newcastle''s player, not ours..he did a great job for us last season but the world does not revolve around him, we need to move on. I don''t think Ruddy had a great game, but then neither did most of the team..he certainly was not our worst player and his job certainly wasn''t made any easier by Ward for example. People also forget the great save he made in the first half, which kept us in the game!

Ah, the selective, rose tinted spectacle brigade appears again.Do you remember Forsters first few games?  When he was nervous and made some errors? Evidently you do not.Also, Forster was GREAT against league one opposition.  How good will he be this season in the Championship?Give Ruddy time.  He is new, has been a reserve for a long time and is now in front of a lot of people with a lot of responsibility - so for gods sake get off his back.Once he settles in and the defence is settled and match fit, it will improve, same as it will across the whole team.So stop panicking and show some support you morons.

I have to say at the game on Friday night I thought Ruddy was hopeless and should have done better with at least two of the goals (particularly the third) but having seen the goals on tv I was perhaps being a bit harsh as they were not as they were not as bad as i thought and in relaity he was just left horribly exposed by our woefully inadequate defence.

He looks a bit nervy but then i would as well if I was playing behind that lot. He needs to improve but i will give him the benefit of the doubt and hope that he does so!

when forster first came to the club I was not 100% convinced by him but he grew with every game. Im sure ruddy will do the same. Stop knocking the guy. Lets get behind him and if he is still that bad after a few more games then fine. I believe he has the potential to be a very good keeper for us.

is there any wonder he looked nervy, playing behind those two cb''s on Friday. its not right to judge anyone on ONE game, give them all some time

I agree with Jim Smith, on the night I thought he could have done better with 2 of the goals however having seen them on TV the 1st and 3rd both had little deflections that took them away from him. Apart from that he was fairly solid apart from one slip that fortunately didnt lead to a goal (through poor finishing).

Give him time and please stop going on about Fraser Forster, yes he was good for a season but he is not coming back so we need to move on and get over it.

The biggest issue is with the CB''s and right back, i think 2 of the goals were conceded on the right hand side of our defence.

[quote user="Capt_Canary"]

Is it not too late to get in Fraser Forster? Ruddy was truely terrible and I believe Forster would have saved at least two of their goals. He fails to inspire me and he is Theo mark II.

Also on another note, how bad was Elliott Ward? Begins to make you think why he didnt get in the Coventry team?

[/quote]

Elliot Ward did get in the Coventry team, Aidy Boothroyd just didn''t like his playing style. GET A GRIP.

I personally thought he could have done better with a couple of the goals and I thought he wasn''t commanding his area with any real certainty. I agree that he may need time to settle but it is a situation which does need to improve pretty quickly because Schmeichal demonstrated for Leeds how good goalkeeping can keep in games. While Forster did indeed look dodgy in the 2-2 with Charlton and then of course that infamous Leeds game. He then adapted quickly and showed a lot of mental strength to put the Leeds incident behind him. I think the turning point for Forster was that wonder save against Tranmere that really got the crowd on side. Maybe Ruddy just needs a clean sheet or an equally spectacular save and the confidence will be flowing again.

[quote user="Talk Show Host"][quote user="Capt_Canary"]

[/quote]

Elliot Ward did get in the Coventry team, Aidy Boothroyd just didn''t like his playing style. GET A GRIP.

[/quote]

He had decided to leave on a free before Aidy Bothroyd took over. It was Chris Coleman who was his manager and he didn''t pick him. So how exactly does that work?

Elliott Ward played 4 games for Coventry last season, he was loaned to Preston and Doncaster. Neither took him on permanately and im just looking at the simple facts. Lets not pretend he was a regular and his style did not fit, thats absolutely rubbish and you know it.

Ruddy again he is a bit of a journeyman? If he was that good surely Moyes would have kept him as back-up to Howard?

Im only starting this a bit tounge in cheek but their debuts werent the best and maybe there is a reason people did not make moves on a permanent basis. Theo didn''t get many chances, he clearly wasnt up to the job. Forster never looked that dodgy at all

I''ve not read all the replies on this post yet so forgive me if I repeat anything thats been said

Don''t you think it''s a bit harsh to slate a keeper for letting in 3 goals, when he clearly had NO DEFENCE in 2 of them? Its a team game, you could have Petr Cech in the net, if you don''t have the defence there to help you you''re a sitting duck.

I admit there were one or two bad points (Like the parry away straight to their striker, who made a god awful header and sent it wide) but I do think its too early to call him terrible.

Blame the defence, where were they for goals 2 & 3?

[quote user="Canary1902"]

I''ve not read all the replies on this post yet so forgive me if I repeat anything thats been said

Don''t you think it''s a bit harsh to slate a keeper for letting in 3 goals, when he clearly had NO DEFENCE in 2 of them? Its a team game, you could have Petr Cech in the net, if you don''t have the defence there to help you you''re a sitting duck.

I admit there were one or two bad points (Like the parry away straight to their striker, who made a god awful header and sent it wide) but I do think its too early to call him terrible.

Blame the defence, where were they for goals 2 & 3?

[/quote]I have just been looking at the goals again on the BBC website, and the first and third ones both took deflections off our defenders before beating Ruddy. I dont think you can really blame him for that, especially the first one where Crofts made a totally useless leap at a ball he had no chance of winning, instead of standing his ground and trying to block, and then Ward turned his back on the shot and only succeeded in diverting it past the keeper.The second Watford goal was the only one where I thought Ruddy could have done better as he seemed to mis-time his dive and went underneath a ball which he probably should have got his hands to.Anyway, with the defence in front of him playing the way they did, he would have had to play out of his skin just to have kept it down to two.

[quote user="Capt_Canary"]

Elliott Ward played 4 games for Coventry last season, he was loaned to Preston and Doncaster. Neither took him on permanately and im just looking at the simple facts. Lets not pretend he was a regular and his style did not fit, thats absolutely rubbish and you know it.

Ruddy again he is a bit of a journeyman? If he was that good surely Moyes would have kept him as back-up to Howard?

Im only starting this a bit tounge in cheek but their debuts werent the best and maybe there is a reason people did not make moves on a permanent basis. Theo didn''t get many chances, he clearly wasnt up to the job. Forster never looked that dodgy at all

[/quote]The trouble we have is that both Ruddy and Ward look out of their depth in this League. Ruddy has now made two basic mistakes in two games that you should only see at amateur level, one resulted in the Everton goal and the other should have been a Watford goal. The trouble with a keeper is you can not afford mistakes as they more often than not result in goals ( as with Forster at Leeds) so you are totally exposed. Probably what for me is more worrying is also his complete lack of command of his area

I think Ruddy may lack confidence at the moment as everyone is saying he is not commanding his area, however, during the first few pre season games I''m sure people posted on here stating that he played well and was someone who did cammanded his area well?

fucking leave him alone!! if i hear anyone slating him tonight i will personally drag you by the collar out of the ground, enough is enough get behind the players, its support and confidence they need not constant moaning, sarcastic cheering and booing for god''s sake!!

[quote user="Olski_yellows"]fucking leave him alone!! if i hear anyone slating him tonight i will personally drag you by the collar out of the ground, enough is enough get behind the players, its support and confidence they need not constant moaning, sarcastic cheering and booing for god''s sake!![/quote]A stunning penalty save, maybe now they''ll trust Lamberts judgement.

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Olski_yellows"]fucking leave him alone!! if i hear anyone slating him tonight i will personally drag you by the collar out of the ground, enough is enough get behind the players, its support and confidence they need not constant moaning, sarcastic cheering and booing for god''s sake!![/quote]A stunning penalty save, maybe now they''ll trust Lamberts judgement.[/quote]I think you need to stop making everything about Lambert''s judgement, or you''ll make a rod for your own back.If Ruddy gives away a penalty and then saves it, I don''t think it says much about Lambert''s judgement either way.  Players do things in games which only they are responsible for.  Put another way, every time a player gets sent off, or scores an own goal, or makes a mistake, it''s not Lambert''s judgement that was responsible, so equally you can''t use all the good things as another reason to fellate him on this message board.

Sooo because he''s saved a penalty we now have an incredible keeper? Not saying we don''t i think he is a good keeper but so far he hasn''t really been tested enough to make me think he is a great keeper or a poor one. Don''t get me wrong a great penalty save but i''m certainly not stupid enough to judge a keeper on one save.