Sign in to follow this  
Yobocop

Simon Lappin

[quote user="morty"]Nope.

Maybe away from home, to give a more defensive formation, but Surman offers so, so much more going forward.
[/quote]

Surman was terrible yesterday, looked sluggish on the ball and was always second to the ball, he may still be slightly injured but he''s not looked that great from what i''ve seen so far, Hoolahan ran the show!!!

[quote user="Big Slob"][quote user="Stephen Fry Gives Peas a Chance "]I know Hoolahan is loved amongst us fans, I have a soft spot for him too, but we have to play in the in form players, Surman and Lappin are the in form players. Drop the diamond, and play Lappin Left Surman on the right and Crofts and Fox in the middle.[/quote]
Have you even watched us play this season? How can you say Surman is more "in form" than Hoolahan? Hoolahan again was arguably our best player yesterday, much like he was against Watford. Unbelievable [:|]
[/quote]

Hoolahan was immense yesterday, ran everything from midfield and I can''t remember him losing the ball once. Surman doesn''t look fit, puts in a decent cross from corners and dead balls but is a yard of the pace in open play and can''t beat his man. Hoolahan cannot be dropped, I fear we would offer next to nothing going forward if Hoolahan doesn''t play.

[quote user="ellis206"]

[quote user="morty"]Nope.Maybe away from home, to give a more defensive formation, but Surman offers so, so much more going forward.[/quote]

Surman was terrible yesterday, looked sluggish on the ball and was always second to the ball, he may still be slightly injured but he''s not looked that great from what i''ve seen so far, Hoolahan ran the show!!!

[/quote]Terrible?Are you sure you went to the same game as me?

I''ve been a tad disappointed with Surman so far. He''s brilliant from dead ball situations, and linked nicely with Drury a couple of times yesterday, but everytime he gets the ball he stops and passes, not once does he take the man on, can''t remember him crossing the ball yesterday from open play.

I would not be against dropping surman for lappin but to even consider dropping hoolahan! ha ha ha you obviously didnt go to the game yesterday. Wes was by far the best player on the pitch and played one of his best games for us. Crofts was great aswell we have signed a really good player there.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="ellis206"]

[quote user="morty"]Nope.

Maybe away from home, to give a more defensive formation, but Surman offers so, so much more going forward.
[/quote]

[/quote]

Terrible?

Are you sure you went to the same game as me?
[/quote]

Terrible might be a tad bit harsh, but he certainly wasn''t great, like I said, puts in a good corner and good crosser of the ball, but to sloppy on the ball and got dispossessed many a time. I''d play Lappin until Surman is totally fit. For me Surman was our poorest player yesterday, although Korey Smith gave him a run for his money in the first half, but came out in the second half and had a blinder!

[quote user="ellis206"][quote user="morty"][quote user="ellis206"]

[quote user="morty"]Nope.Maybe away from home, to give a more defensive formation, but Surman offers so, so much more going forward.[/quote]

[/quote]Terrible?Are you sure you went to the same game as me?[/quote]

Terrible might be a tad bit harsh, but he certainly wasn''t great, like I said, puts in a good corner and good crosser of the ball, but to sloppy on the ball and got dispossessed many a time. I''d play Lappin until Surman is totally fit. For me Surman was our poorest player yesterday, although Korey Smith gave him a run for his money in the first half, but came out in the second half and had a blinder!

[/quote]Terrible is indeed very harsh. The guy obviously has class, and you don''t have to be a "chase everything and run 4000 miles" kind of player to be an effective part of the team. He is a different type of player to what we have currently, and his class on the ball is what we need as part of our transition from league 1 winners, to Championship contenders. He is a new player who has played 2 competitive games for our team, and it will take time to establish understanding, and he must be played to achieve this and also to raise his fitness.I don''t think we paid that much for him to warm the bench!

[quote user="Stephen Fry Gives Peas a Chance "]so play Surman too...if he offers much more going forward then drop Hoolahan and play Surman in his position and bring Lappin in.

Lappin created the winning goal todya and deserves to be rewarded for it[/quote]Lappin''s contribution to the team is very under-rated IMO - he''s a very useful and tidy player who helps Drury play better too. I''m a big fan but so far Surman has impressed too and I think will become the better player in time. As for dropping Hoolahan - er...no! NO!!

[quote user="ellis206"]

[quote user="Big Slob"][quote user="Stephen Fry Gives Peas a Chance "]I know Hoolahan is loved amongst us fans, I have a soft spot for him too, but we have to play in the in form players, Surman and Lappin are the in form players. Drop the diamond, and play Lappin Left Surman on the right and Crofts and Fox in the middle.[/quote]
Have you even watched us play this season? How can you say Surman is more "in form" than Hoolahan? Hoolahan again was arguably our best player yesterday, much like he was against Watford. Unbelievable [:|]
[/quote]

Hoolahan was immense yesterday, ran everything from midfield and I can''t remember him losing the ball once. Surman doesn''t look fit, puts in a decent cross from corners and dead balls but is a yard of the pace in open play and can''t beat his man. Hoolahan cannot be dropped, I fear we would offer next to nothing going forward if Hoolahan doesn''t play.

[/quote]

I''ve regularly disagreed with you in the past Ellis but re Surman and Wes you are spot on! Wes did much more ''workrate'' in midfield than I think I''ve previously seen from him even winning tackles and competing hor headers! Unfortunately same could''nt be said of Surman - still very early days for a new player, come end September or so I think we could give a more definitive verdict.   

I know we have a lot of fengibbon fans but this is ridiculous. OK, so he did one good cross? So what. Lappin is a League 1/League 2 player at best and was extremely poor last time in the championship. He is the definite weak link in the squad and needs to be got rid of.

[quote user="IOW Canary"]I know we have a lot of fengibbon fans but this is ridiculous. OK, so he did one good cross? So what. Lappin is a League 1/League 2 player at best and was extremely poor last time in the championship. He is the definite weak link in the squad and needs to be got rid of.[/quote]Agree your first sentences. Your last two however, are, IMO, utter baloney.

[quote user="Stephen Fry Gives Peas a Chance "]I think he was particuarly carp against Watford and didn''t set the world alight against Gillingham midweek. Lappin has come in and shown his worth to the team and deserves a chance and I can''t see anyone else worth dropping to be honest![/quote]Like your namesake, he''s best in small doses.

[quote user="Stephen Fry Gives Peas a Chance "]I think he was particuarly carp against Watford and didn''t set the world alight against Gillingham midweek.

Lappin has come in and shown his worth to the team and deserves a chance and I can''t see anyone else worth dropping to be honest![/quote]You shouldn''t come on here.

ok when did Hoolahan lose form or is it that he dosent score every chance he has on goal is that off form? the team is desinged for him and when he plays I do not hear any winging as he is (arguably) the best player on the team. you cant drop a Wes Hoolahan when he is doing a good job