Sign in to follow this  
Yobocop

Simon Lappin

Should be a definite starter next game imo.

Shown today his worth in the team and deserves another chance in the Championship.

Nope.Maybe away from home, to give a more defensive formation, but Surman offers so, so much more going forward.

so play Surman too...if he offers much more going forward then drop Hoolahan and play Surman in his position and bring Lappin in.

Lappin created the winning goal todya and deserves to be rewarded for it

[quote user="Stephen Fry Gives Peas a Chance "]so play Surman too...if he offers much more going forward then drop Hoolahan and play Surman in his position and bring Lappin in.

Lappin created the winning goal todya and deserves to be rewarded for it[/quote]You realise they do completely different things? And that Hoolahan is many peoples man of the match today, offering a defensive side to the game that he''s often criticised for not having, and running the midfield? Lets not drop him just yet.

[quote user="Stephen Fry Gives Peas a Chance "]so play Surman too...if he offers much more going forward then drop Hoolahan and play Surman in his position and bring Lappin in.

Lappin created the winning goal todya and deserves to be rewarded for it[/quote]Lol, drop Hoolahan you say? Lappin wasn''t actually on the pitch that long, and, yes, he provided the cross for the goal, but I would no way pick him over Surman.I actually think that when he was brought on, there was one eye on shoring  things up to at least take a point.

I know Hoolahan is loved amongst us fans, I have a soft spot for him too, but we have to play in the in form players, Surman and Lappin are the in form players.

Drop the diamond, and play Lappin Left Surman on the right and Crofts and Fox in the middle.

I think he was particuarly carp against Watford and didn''t set the world alight against Gillingham midweek.

Lappin has come in and shown his worth to the team and deserves a chance and I can''t see anyone else worth dropping to be honest!

[quote user="Stephen Fry Gives Peas a Chance "]I think he was particuarly carp against Watford and didn''t set the world alight against Gillingham midweek.

Lappin has come in and shown his worth to the team and deserves a chance and I can''t see anyone else worth dropping to be honest![/quote]We just won a game, and while it''s nice to see Lappin get the assist and he''s really knocking on the door, no one is worth dropping at the moment - especially a player who, as I said before, is many peoples pick for MOM today, and was perfectly good against Watford and Gills. I genuinely think you''re on a wind up.

ah well going to have to disagree with you there then, as I say i didn''t go to the Gillingham game but I thought Hoolahans was our best player vs Watford, just held onto the ball for a bit too long a couple of times.

Cant see him being dropped for a team fitting Lappin and Surman, and cant say id be too pleased if it did happen!

Sorry in my opinion I thought Hoolahan was one of the worst v. Watford in terms of his excellence last season.

Oh dear Oh dear. Hoolahan in my opinion was brilliant today if he gets dropped then i will run on the pitch butt naked this saturday.

Surprised by the coverage we got, how I''ve missed the extra minutes on BBC.

As for the argument of Wes was terrible against Watford, come on... apart from Crofts pretty much everybody was terrible.

[quote user="Lincs CR"]Surprised by the coverage we got, how I''ve missed the extra minutes on BBC.

As for the argument of Wes was terrible against Watford, come on... apart from Crofts pretty much everybody was terrible.[/quote]We might have a season like last season (i wish!) but wouldnt want to go through that charlton game again couldnt stand it in the final minutes haha

Alot of people said we were all over them today. Didn''t sound like that on bbc commentary.

Game of two halves really G. Quite open first half, Scunny probably had the better of it but to be honest, second half Norwich never looked back and were all over them like a rash.

Time to get off here or I''ll end up typing away when sunrise gets here :)

[quote user="G"]

Alot of people said we were all over them today. Didn''t sound like that on bbc commentary.

[/quote]Well I was there, and we had a lot of possession, and definitely deserved our win.

How about keeping him on the bench to use as a spark if things are not going as well as hoped for, S Fry? THAT is what worked today, and from what I have read so far, it''s not like we were horrible without him.

[quote user="Stephen Fry Gives Peas a Chance "]I know Hoolahan is loved amongst us fans, I have a soft spot for him too, but we have to play in the in form players, Surman and Lappin are the in form players.

Drop the diamond, and play Lappin Left Surman on the right and Crofts and Fox in the middle.[/quote]Have you even watched us play this season? How can you say Surman is more "in form" than Hoolahan? Hoolahan again was arguably our best player yesterday, much like he was against Watford. Unbelievable [:|]

[quote user="Stephen Fry Gives Peas a Chance "]Sorry in my opinion I thought Hoolahan was one of the worst v. Watford in terms of his excellence last season.[/quote]You haven''t mentioned how you thought he played yesterday yet.

[quote user="Stephen Fry Gives Peas a Chance "]I know Hoolahan is loved amongst us fans, I have a soft spot for him too, but we have to play in the in form players, Surman and Lappin are the in form players. Drop the diamond, and play Lappin Left Surman on the right and Crofts and Fox in the middle.[/quote]

Are you joking? Hoolahan was brilliant yesterday and at the centre of everything we did (as per usual). He makes us tick and IMO how much we achieve or dont achieve this season is down to if Hoolahan plays and stays fit for the length of the season.

[quote user="thirdlion v2"]Ah. And the BBC confirm - Wes ran the show from midfield.
[/quote]

They also confirmed Surman put the cross in for Holts goal.

Im not Hoolahans biggest fan, but the was excellent yesterday, I was really impressed with his defensive game, he was tracking back and repeatedly broke up Scunnys attack.

As for Lappin starting next game because of one cross, no way!

Putting to one side the odd suggestion of dropping Hoolahan and returning to the point of the original post, in my opinion Surman is off the pace at the moment does not not gel with the team.

Surman was not terrible yesterday and he played his part in a successful team performance (especially 2nd half) but he was the weakest link. Too often yesterday our attacks lost momentum when the ball was with Surman and apart from dead balls did not get a cross in. Drury was the only one putting crosses in from the left.

I think that there is a lot more to come from Surman but Lappin has more to offer at the moment. It is good to see competition for this place and Surman should use that to up the tempo in training.

I agree with that assessment, Glutton. My concern about surman is that he doesn''t seem to take on his man in order to get crosses in. He appears a bit lightweight which concerns me as I wonder how he''ll do when the chips are down.