Sign in to follow this  
Big Slob

Stephen Fry (press conference 5.30pm)

I think Myleene Klass a dodgy looking munter. Dont get the fascination with her. That bird who she had a barney with whos in Coronation Street now is far better lloking, and has an element of filth to her appearence. Shes a barmaid or landlady at The Rovers.

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

But Nutty its all to do with power.....when we were relegated Delia was not in a positiom to go against the likes of Bowkett and McNally otherwise if they had resigned her position would have been weakened further in the eyes of many fans.  Having got promoted the majority shareholding directors are now in a stronger position to exert their wishes should they wish to do so..........
[/quote]

Marvelous Tangie[Y][Y][Y]

So Bowkett and McNally found their level in League One just like The Doc! Now we''re back in the Championship it''s the cook calling the shots again[:O] 

[/quote]

Its about being realistic about who has the power in the boardroom.
[/quote]

That mysterious power that seems to be there when it suits Tangie[;)]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

But Nutty its all to do with power.....when we were relegated Delia was not in a positiom to go against the likes of Bowkett and McNally otherwise if they had resigned her position would have been weakened further in the eyes of many fans.  Having got promoted the majority shareholding directors are now in a stronger position to exert their wishes should they wish to do so..........
[/quote]

Marvelous Tangie[Y][Y][Y]

So Bowkett and McNally found their level in League One just like The Doc! Now we''re back in the Championship it''s the cook calling the shots again[:O] Do you reckon Doncaster''s coming home [+o(]

[/quote]

Only if he can can get the Krankies to sign up for places on the board I heard.[:P] We have Delia, the muppets, Stephen Fry[{] , we are just missing the Krankies to secure the full line up.[:#]

I don''t know why some of you bother, because it''s a lose lose situation, if it looks good then something is rotten in the state of Denmark, if it stinks then same goes.

FFS, Fry comes in as a Norfolk boy and city fan, puts some money in, and just maybe through appearances and networking might do some good for us.  But no, its a disaster, a mess, a disgrace.You bunch of ****.

[quote user="Fozzie"]I''m glad no-one''s bothered by Mr Fry''s outspoken atheism.
[/quote]

The fact is he isn''t.  He is famous for being in a debate where he was criticising modern religion, but as he has stated afterwards "My argument has always been with evangelical text-based religion where the truth is revealed through a scripture or a political ideology"

He said that he has belief in what he sees the proof for, so until there is proof either way, he is neither religious or an atheist 

I''ve just read page one of the thread and skipped straight to page seventeen, how can this message board become so negative.  Fry is a networker and has friends/contacts in powerful places, it can only do the club good to have someone of his character for the PR of our football club.  GOOD LUCK (one day to be) Sir Stephen Fry [:)]

[quote user="dhickl"]

[quote user="Fozzie"]I''m glad no-one''s bothered by Mr Fry''s outspoken atheism.[/quote]The fact is he isn''t.  He is famous for being in a debate where he was criticising modern religion, but as he has stated afterwards "My argument has always been with evangelical text-based religion where the truth is revealed through a scripture or a political ideology"

He said that he has belief in what he sees the proof for, so until there is proof either way, he is neither religious or an atheist 

[/quote]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oR5hWbfZsYs

[/quote]So I think you''re saying that:
  1. Norwich got relegated
  2. Delia & MWJ appointed new board members, took a step back
  3. McNally engineered Lambert''s appointment
  4. McNally introduced efficiency savings at the club
  5. Norwich won the league, proving McNally & Bowkett know what they are doing on/off the pitch
  6. Delia & MWJ, back in the Championship, will now say "thanks lads, we''ll take it from here".
If that is true, why are more of McNally''s measures being implemented this season, some of them quite controversial and income-oriented (which I thought you would support?)

[quote user="ref89"]FFS, Fry comes in as a Norfolk boy and city fan, puts some money in, and just maybe through appearances and networking might do some good for us.  But no, its a disaster, a mess, a disgrace.You bunch of ****.

[/quote]Clearly staying up that late put you in a bad mood.

[quote user="ref89"]FFS, Fry comes in as a Norfolk boy and city fan, puts some money in, and just maybe through appearances and networking might do some good for us.  But no, its a disaster, a mess, a disgrace.You bunch of ****.

[/quote]As you seem to be in the know, exactly how much money has he put in?  Millions as some of you hope or a token amount to buy a few shares?If you want a city fan and somebody with humour appoint Nutty Nigel to the NCFC board.

[quote user="dhickl"]

[quote user="Fozzie"]I''m glad no-one''s bothered by Mr Fry''s outspoken atheism.[/quote]The fact is he isn''t.  He is famous for being in a debate where he was criticising modern religion, but as he has stated afterwards "My argument has always been with evangelical text-based religion where the truth is revealed through a scripture or a political ideology"

[/quote]I wasn''t aware that NCFC had previously declared itself to be a religious club (roman catholic?), allowing only religious supporters and religious zealots on the board.  As an atheist (and one who actually understands what the term means) does that mean I am no longer allowed to be a fan.....or will I have to sit in a special part of the ground?May be we should ask the pope to be on the board.  He''s no where near as funny as Stephen Fry (although I understand he does a good line in mother-in-law and knob gags), but got a lot more followers.

Having seen his interview on SSN last night it appears that "Lil old Naaaarwich" is alive and well again. I like the chap but do ot see what he brings to the board other than his name. The idea that investors are going to rush to Carrow Road because he is now a director seems laughable.

So, we''ve had cynical doom-mongering, homophobia and a little bit of religious paranoia. Any other stereotype boxes need to be ticked to ensure that Norfolk keeps it''s reputation as a backwater full of sun-worshipping inbreds? Good job he''s not Polish or Asian, I guess.For ****s sake. We have some long-awaited publicity and representation through one of Britian''s universally loved figures, not some Arabic Sheikh or Russian oligarch who obtained their money through oil-related persecution, and WE STILL CAN''T BE HAPPY?

[quote user="Mook"]
For ****s sake. We have some long-awaited publicity and representation through one of Britian''s universally loved figures, not some Arabic Sheikh or Russian oligarch who obtained their money through oil-related persecution, and WE STILL CAN''T BE HAPPY?
[/quote]

Surely you''ve been here long enough to know that answer. [;)]

[quote user="Mook"]So, we''ve had cynical doom-mongering, homophobia and a little bit of religious paranoia. Any other stereotype boxes need to be ticked to ensure that Norfolk keeps it''s reputation as a backwater full of sun-worshipping inbreds? Good job he''s not Polish or Asian, I guess.

For ****s sake. We have some long-awaited publicity and representation through one of Britian''s universally loved figures, not some Arabic Sheikh or Russian oligarch who obtained their money through oil-related persecution, and WE STILL CAN''T BE HAPPY?
[/quote]

The majority on this thread are happy? This is a forum and by its very nature it''s a place for debate so would become a very boring place to visit if we all shared the same view.

Getting the proverbial hump and resorting to childish swearing really has let you down.

And besides I like my Polish neighbours.[:P]

When listening to any of his oratory on subjects close to his heart, no one would be in any doubt as to the benefits of having a ''mouthpiece'' such as Fry in their corner. He''s massively well researched and hugely balanced about most things. Can I direct anyone who''s interested to his speech on re-structuring at the BBC (on podcast). What he''s doing here is allocating a portion of his not inconsiderable energy to the development of the club philosophically, culturally and of course to its profile. Services like that don''t come cheap. This is a good thing. There really can''t be any other way of spinning it. To all those who believe that he will be a "Smith''ist" - consider the intelligent influence he can bring to bear on her too.He''s no flowery nancy boy who will balk at the robust attitude of footballing culture either. See all examples of him discussing the evolution of contemporary language and his notes on people complaining about swearing... He''s good value and I welcome him for sure. Good news.

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"][quote user="Mister Chops"]If that is true, why are more of McNally''s measures being implemented this season, [/quote]because reality has hit home and there is not an endless supply of money from Delias purse.[/quote]We''ve always known this.  The club have been massively in debt for years, and it can''t be news that Delia doesn''t have endless millions of pounds to pump into the club.I simply don''t understand why you think appointing a high-profile and popular character like Stephen Fry to the board is anything other than a good news story.  Why don''t you give him a year in his "ambassador" role and see what he can achieve before criticising him as a board puppet.  Though, given you are hinting that McNally and Bowkett are Delia''s puppets too, despite the positives they''ve brought to the club, I can see he''s probably on a hiding to nothing already.

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]As you seem to be in the know, exactly how much money has he put in?  Millions as some of you hope or a token amount to buy a few shares?If you want a city fan and somebody with humour appoint Nutty Nigel to the NCFC board.

[/quote]Surely it''s time we moved on from "that" T-shirt moment.We don''t know how much money he''s put in.  You''ll say a pound, you''ll expect the sheep to say "millions" when nobody is saying that, and the truth is more likely to be that he''s on the board for what he can deliver from other people.

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

[quote user="cityislife"][quote user="Mello Yello"]When he ''twitters''......does he use Wi-Fry?[/quote]
o dear....
[/quote]

I was offered 8 legs of venison for £40......Do you think that''s two deer?

Now vacuum head, pi$$ off and get yourself a sense of hoover.... 

[/quote]

Ha ha ha, I like that venison one, MY.