Sign in to follow this  
Big Slob

Stephen Fry (press conference 5.30pm)

[quote user="crafty canary"]So he''s a passionate fan (like the other 25000+) and has lots of contacts. Well he had these without being a director and has he influenced anyone to invest? I really can''t see the point of this appointment other than to boost Delia''s ego and the number of her supporters on the board. 
[/quote]

As I said Crafty - bad news for those who want Delia to sell up and clear off.

I suppose we will see a return to family football now that Delia has her puppet on the board. Maybe the recent complaints will be listened to and we will see a reversal of the price increases in the bars. No more booking charges when we buy tickets. We will be be able to return tickets and travel again on a whim just like we used to. Maybe even reserve matches will return under floodlights at FCR. And all this because we are now gonna get a few pink quids[:O]

by spending the pink pound

[quote user="Sing up the river end "][quote user="morty"]On BBC now, he says he has bought some shares.[/quote]Didn''t say when,might of been when the share offer was ages ago.[/quote]Yeah, and he probably only bought a fivers worth too.Enjoy your half empty cup.[Y]

[quote user="morty"]Haha, very good! I haven''t read any of his books, do you recommend them?[/quote]I read ''The Liar'' yonks ago. I seem to remember it was extremely funny.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Sing up the river end "][quote user="morty"]On BBC now, he says he has bought some shares.[/quote]Didn''t say when,might of been when the share offer was ages ago.[/quote]Yeah, and he probably only bought a fivers worth too.Enjoy your half empty cup.[Y][/quote]Haha I spose i''ve got my hopes up to many times in the past, Fingers crossed :D

[quote user="kdncfc"][quote user="crafty canary"]So he''s a passionate fan (like the other 25000+) and has lots of contacts. Well he had these without being a director and has he influenced anyone to invest? I really can''t see the point of this appointment other than to boost Delia''s ego and the number of her supporters on the board. 
[/quote]
Although I can see where you''re coming from my hope is that he has contacts in the right places to attract some real money to the club,  having said that the cynical side of me thinks that we have been searching for investment for ages now and while some clubs seem to have parties intereseted in investing in them the best we can do is recruit people onto the board who don''t have the money to actually make a difference. 
[/quote]

But how many times do these some clubs live to regret getting involved with the parties that are interested in investing in them? A lot of people on here were jealous of the deal struck between Sheepshead and the Invisible Man. Would you now want that interest here?

Wait, I''m not sure what I''m meant to think. Is this a good move that will provide us with some recognition and potential finance? Or am I meant to be against Delia and Fry is now her puppet while she cements her place on the board? Help me people. What''s the line we''re going with?

[quote user="Sing up the river end "][quote user="morty"][quote user="Sing up the river end "][quote user="morty"]On BBC now, he says he has bought some shares.[/quote]Didn''t say when,might of been when the share offer was ages ago.[/quote]Yeah, and he probably only bought a fivers worth too.Enjoy your half empty cup.[Y][/quote]Haha I spose i''ve got my hopes up to many times in the past, Fingers crossed :D[/quote]It is what it is. He won''t be investing a fortune, but anything that raises the clubs profile, and makes possible investors sit up and take notice can only a good thing.[Y]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="kdncfc"][quote user="crafty canary"]So he''s a passionate fan (like the other 25000+) and has lots of contacts. Well he had these without being a director and has he influenced anyone to invest? I really can''t see the point of this appointment other than to boost Delia''s ego and the number of her supporters on the board.  [/quote] Although I can see where you''re coming from my hope is that he has contacts in the right places to attract some real money to the club,  having said that the cynical side of me thinks that we have been searching for investment for ages now and while some clubs seem to have parties intereseted in investing in them the best we can do is recruit people onto the board who don''t have the money to actually make a difference.  [/quote]

But how many times do these some clubs live to regret getting involved with the parties that are interested in investing in them? A lot of people on here were jealous of the deal struck between Sheepshead and the Invisible Man. Would you now want that interest here?

[/quote]What is the alternative though nutty?  Our football club needs money badly and even though it needs to be done properly at some point we need to attract significant funds to the club if we are to ever compete and we don''t seem to be any closer to achieving that aim than we were a year ago.

[quote user="thirdlion v2"]Wait, I''m not sure what I''m meant to think. Is this a good move that will provide us with some recognition and potential finance? Or am I meant to be against Delia and Fry is now her puppet while she cements her place on the board? Help me people. What''s the line we''re going with?[/quote]Well, I think we have all been waiting for Cluck''s reaction to this latest example of the club ignoring its gorblimey working-class roots in favour of metrosexual luvviedom, but presumably the news has sent him permanently over the edge...

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="thirdlion v2"]Wait, I''m not sure what I''m meant to think. Is this a good move that will provide us with some recognition and potential finance? Or am I meant to be against Delia and Fry is now her puppet while she cements her place on the board? Help me people. What''s the line we''re going with?[/quote]Well, I think we have all been waiting for Cluck''s reaction to this latest example of the club ignoring its gorblimey working-class roots in favour of metrosexual luvviedom, but presumably the news has sent him permanently over the edge...

[/quote]Haha, yes, I look forward to his view too.[:)]

The alternative is not jumping into bed with just any old investors who could tear the club apart. If we have to wait, keep a good manager and a competitive team, and bide time until we get decent new owners, we should accept that. You just have to look at the circus at West Ham since the Davids joined to see what a joke they would have been for the club - the statements, the undermining of the manager, the constant talking up of players like van Nistelrooy, Beckham, Henry - just to get season ticket sales before they inevitably sign elsewhere. It''s what they did at Birmingham for years - yet many on here were desperate for a flash of their cash.The alternative is being sensible and well run. Short injections from people like Fry, here and there, keep us going and competitive.

[quote user="thirdlion v2"]Wait, I''m not sure what I''m meant to think. Is this a good move that will provide us with some recognition and potential finance? Or am I meant to be against Delia and Fry is now her puppet while she cements her place on the board?

Help me people. What''s the line we''re going with?
[/quote]

LOL [:D]

I don''t know what I''m meant to think either[Y]

I know what I do think though[:O]

I think it can only be good. Another A List Celebrity on the board will raise the clubs profile. Potential future investors may be attracted by the thought of being able to buy into a club that counts Delia Smith and Stephen Fry amongst it''s directors. If it doesn''t attract any then I still don''t see how we can lose anything and if Fry has brought shares it''s a "win win" for me[Y]

But then again...................[^o)] Alternatively it could be a bad thing. A couple of washed up Z List Celebrities.. an old cook and old gay icon... could turn our club into a laughing stock....... and deter all those proper investors that the other clubs seem to attract[:@]

I don''t know what to think!!

Oh well.. In the end the football results will decide for me[;)]

[quote user="kdncfc"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="kdncfc"][quote user="crafty canary"]So he''s a passionate fan (like the other 25000+) and has lots of contacts. Well he had these without being a director and has he influenced anyone to invest? I really can''t see the point of this appointment other than to boost Delia''s ego and the number of her supporters on the board. 
[/quote]
Although I can see where you''re coming from my hope is that he has contacts in the right places to attract some real money to the club,  having said that the cynical side of me thinks that we have been searching for investment for ages now and while some clubs seem to have parties intereseted in investing in them the best we can do is recruit people onto the board who don''t have the money to actually make a difference. 
[/quote]

[/quote]
What is the alternative though nutty?  Our football club needs money badly and even though it needs to be done properly at some point we need to attract significant funds to the club if we are to ever compete and we don''t seem to be any closer to achieving that aim than we were a year ago.
[/quote]

Well of course a year ago we were in League One. But the way I see it all those other clubs that got that so called investment still can''t compete either. They are just in even more debt. The envy club of choice this time last year was Preston. Would you change places with them now?

Moab Is My Washpot is absolutely brilliant. It''s an autobiography of his life at school.

One of the best books I''ve ever read and definitely the best autobiography

Bloody great... Our transvestite club is now fronted by Britain''s most famous homosexual!...........We were a laughing stock before thanks to the embarrassingly inept Delia Smith.... now the stands will be even more full of sissy boys and la de bleedin das. Watch in awe while the football world quakes.Another master stroke by those still determined to destroy the credibilty of our once proud football club.......   [:@]

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="kdncfc"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="kdncfc"][quote user="crafty canary"]So he''s a passionate fan (like the other 25000+) and has lots of contacts. Well he had these without being a director and has he influenced anyone to invest? I really can''t see the point of this appointment other than to boost Delia''s ego and the number of her supporters on the board.  [/quote] Although I can see where you''re coming from my hope is that he has contacts in the right places to attract some real money to the club,  having said that the cynical side of me thinks that we have been searching for investment for ages now and while some clubs seem to have parties intereseted in investing in them the best we can do is recruit people onto the board who don''t have the money to actually make a difference.  [/quote]

[/quote]What is the alternative though nutty?  Our football club needs money badly and even though it needs to be done properly at some point we need to attract significant funds to the club if we are to ever compete and we don''t seem to be any closer to achieving that aim than we were a year ago.[/quote]

Well of course a year ago we were in League One. But the way I see it all those other clubs that got that so called investment still can''t compete either. They are just in even more debt. The envy club of choice this time last year was Preston. Would you change places with them now?

[/quote]It goes without saying some clubs that find investment end up being either no better off or a damn site worse of than before but there are also other clubs that have secured investment and gone from strength to strength,  Stoke wouldn''t have got anywhere near the prem without Mr Coates millions and Fulham would still be in league one without Al Fayeds cash backing them up. Marcus Evans hasn''t exactly been a bad thing for the scum up to now either, they have agreed a fee of 750k for Scotland and have reportedly had a 3 million quid bid for Chopra rejected.  They''re problem is that they have a manager who doesn''t spend the money very wisely but Evans certainly doesn''t seem to mind putting his hand in his pocket when necassary.

[quote user="kdncfc"]It goes without saying some clubs that find investment end up being either no better off or a damn site worse of than before but there are also other clubs that have secured investment and gone from strength to strength,  Stoke wouldn''t have got anywhere near the prem without Mr Coates millions and Fulham would still be in league one without Al Fayeds cash backing them up. Marcus Evans hasn''t exactly been a bad thing for the scum up to now either, they have agreed a fee of 750k for Scotland and have reportedly had a 3 million quid bid for Chopra rejected.  They''re problem is that they have a manager who doesn''t spend the money very wisely but Evans certainly doesn''t seem to mind putting his hand in his pocket when necassary.

[/quote]

And of course Norwich wouldn''t be where they are now without Delia Smith''s millions. But those millions aren''t enough, especially if they are wasted by inept football managers and players. Stoke and Fulham are two clubs out of 92 but the sums involved are far more than Delia Smith has. Al Fayed and Coates are two of the richest men in England. However they are not rich enough to take their clubs anywhere near the top of the Premier League and that should set alarm bells ringing but of course it doesn''t. The top clubs have some of the richest men in the world owning them and yet are in enormous debt. Even that doesn''t set alarm bells ringing for some. In fact some of the dimwits on this forum can''t understand why this club can''t get anywhere near the heights we attained under Big Bob in the 90''s. It all has to be down to the cook who has just been joined by a gay icon[:O]

But it''s your last statement that really interests me. Would you seriously trade what we have now with Delia for what the binners have with the invisible man?

[quote user="Cluck"]Bloody great... Our transvestite club is now fronted by Britain''s most famous homosexual!...........We were a laughing stock before thanks to the embarrassingly inept Delia Smith.... now the stands will be even more full of sissy boys and la de bleedin das. Watch in awe while the football world quakes.Another master stroke by those still determined to destroy the credibilty of our once proud football club.......   [:@]

[/quote][IMG]http://i445.photobucket.com/albums/qq174/NCFC87/babycry.gif[/IMG]"WAAAAAHHHHHHH!!! I DON''T LIKE IT WHEN BOYS KISS!!! WAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!"

Who is the CEO of Adnams? Sign him up and we have a Board set up for all the good things in life.

I like Courage "Directors", but apparently it''s what Alan Partridge drinks.  Heigh ho.  St Peter''s brewery do nice beer too, my brother introduced me to them and I''m impressed.