Sign in to follow this  
Big Slob

Stephen Fry (press conference 5.30pm)

[quote user="morty"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]That''s true Morty, but then it doesn''t say as much in the PR, but guess there wouldn''t be as the TW is still open.[/quote]I don''t think he''s the type of person who would shoot his mouth off about how much he was throwing in either.I''m actually really happy about this, for all sorts of reasons.[/quote]I think this is more of a case of not him putting money in himself.  But making the corporate side of things go into overdrive....  Mystery is how he''s going to fit it in.

All good news IMO. Will probably put a bit into the club but will really raise the profile possibly in the USA. Only good can come of it and he it first and foremost a fan

[quote user="dylanisabaddog"]

Song for Stephen (to the tune of My Old Man said follow the van)

Keep sat down

While Stephen''s around

Or you''ll get a p****

Up the a***

I''m sure he''d see the funny side

[/quote]

There has to be a funny side to see for that to work.

[quote user="IncH_HigH "]

That''s all the club needs,another potless luvvy.[:S]

Other clubs get investment we just get so called celebs[:(] Who''s next the Krankies.[:''(]

[/quote]AND I''ve seen him in an Ipswich scarf  ....Seriously, can only be good news; whether he invests directly or not, he''ll bring money in.

It''s good news if you are one who would like to see further investment under the current ownership. This ambassador role seems to be aimed at attracting new investment. But probably bad news for all those who want to see the cook sell up and clear off. Because this doesn''t suggest she will be selling to a "Marcus Evans type investor" any time soon.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

It''s good news if you are one who would like to see further investment under the current ownership. This ambassador role seems to be aimed at attracting new investment. But probably bad news for all those who want to see the cook sell up and clear off. Because this doesn''t suggest she will be selling to a "Marcus Evans type investor" any time soon.

[/quote]That is a very good point. There is also perhaps this consideration. It increases the board numbers to seven. I have no reason to think the board isn''t totally united, but there might be circumstances under which there came a 3-3 split between the cuddly old guard and the young, ruthless, business-minded turks. ie, Bowkett, McNally and Phillips. Fry, one rather assumes, would generally be on the cuddly side of that divide.

[quote user="dylanisabaddog"]

Song for Stephen (to the tune of My Old Man said follow the van)

Keep sat down

While Stephen''s around

Or you''ll get a p****

Up the a***

I''m sure he''d see the funny side

[/quote]

I like that

With Stephen being a busy chap - and therefore will obviously not be in regular attendance at Carra.

Will it just be ''A little bit of Fry and Lolly?''

So he''s a passionate fan (like the other 25000+) and has lots of contacts. Well he had these without being a director and has he influenced anyone to invest? I really can''t see the point of this appointment other than to boost Delia''s ego and the number of her supporters on the board. 

Well that interview didn''t shed any light on anything.The only thing I thought from it was he hasn''t and doesn''t know anyone that wants to invest.Don''t get me wrong I think anyone investing in football at the moment is mad.But why put him on the board.just seems a strange one to me.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

That is a very good point. There is also perhaps this consideration. It increases the board numbers to seven. I have no reason to think the board isn''t totally united, but there might be circumstances under which there came a 3-3 split between the cuddly old guard and the young, ruthless, business-minded turks. ie, Bowkett, McNally and Phillips.

Fry, one rather assumes, would generally be on the cuddly side of that divide.

[/quote]

I mentioned this on an earlier post....It balances the board.....But, what will it balance?

[quote user="crafty canary"]So he''s a passionate fan (like the other 25000+) and has lots of contacts. Well he had these without being a director and has he influenced anyone to invest? I really can''t see the point of this appointment other than to boost Delia''s ego and the number of her supporters on the board.  [/quote]IMO part of Fry''s appointment which I believe is a stroke of genius. Is that Fry is a mega gay icon. and do wonders for tapping into the pink pound.   Whether the moderator deletes my opinion again saying it is up to him.  But I''m sure this is the case.

He did say on Anglia News that he didn''t have enough money to invest 23 million quid but he knew people who had and he''d be talking to them.

[quote user="crafty canary"]So he''s a passionate fan (like the other 25000+) and has lots of contacts. Well he had these without being a director and has he influenced anyone to invest? I really can''t see the point of this appointment other than to boost Delia''s ego and the number of her supporters on the board. 
[/quote]

Was that the sound of a hammer hitting a nail squarely on the head.[;)]

I think it''s a good move, Stephen Fry will have all manner of connections with celebs and other overpaid cliques & circles, and if we can use his passion for NCFC to bring in some money then everyone benefits.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="morty"]He is bipolar.[/quote]I thought he only liked men.[/quote]Boom boom tschhh.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="morty"]He is bipolar.[/quote]I thought he only liked men.[/quote]Boom boom tschhh.[/quote]Thank you very much.  I''ll be here all week.  And all weekend.Another Stephen Fry fact is he wrote one of my favourite insulting lines in one of his novels:"When you were born, your mother''s bowels loosened: now I know for certain that the matron threw away the baby and wrapped the sh*t in a blanket."

[quote user="crafty canary"]So he''s a passionate fan (like the other 25000+) and has lots of contacts. Well he had these without being a director and has he influenced anyone to invest? I really can''t see the point of this appointment other than to boost Delia''s ego and the number of her supporters on the board.  [/quote] Although I can see where you''re coming from my hope is that he has contacts in the right places to attract some real money to the club,  having said that the cynical side of me thinks that we have been searching for investment for ages now and while some clubs seem to have parties intereseted in investing in them the best we can do is recruit people onto the board who don''t have the money to actually make a difference. 

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="morty"]He is bipolar.[/quote]I thought he only liked men.[/quote]Boom boom tschhh.[/quote]Thank you very much.  I''ll be here all week.  And all weekend.Another Stephen Fry fact is he wrote one of my favourite insulting lines in one of his novels:"When you were born, your mother''s bowels loosened: now I know for certain that the matron threw away the baby and wrapped the sh*t in a blanket."[/quote]Haha, very good! I haven''t read any of his books, do you recommend them?