Sign in to follow this  
Big Slob

Stephen Fry (press conference 5.30pm)

Refuse to get excited,  I don''t think Stephen Fry is rich enough to make a big difference but he probably knows a lot of wealthy people so hopefully there''s more to it that meets the eye.

kdncfc think you may be right, which is why I can''t get excited, been here before, got the t-shirt and been burnt. Although if it''s investment then I will be just as happy to woop-woop lol

Maybe this is possibly where some money came from?

In theory, we have spent over 2 millions, with 600k for Jackson widely known, but also apparently (tying in the with russel article this morning) 1.2 million on Surman

[quote user="kdncfc"]Refuse to get excited,  I don''t think Stephen Fry is rich enough to make a big difference but he probably knows a lot of wealthy people so hopefully there''s more to it that meets the eye.
[/quote]

Yeah, even at 6 foot 5....Stephen''s just financial small Fry when it comes to affluence.

If he is to become a Director....I personally think he''ll be in the Delia camp....when votes are required for board decision making.

[quote user="Canary Wharf Canary"]Appointed as director (official SMS)[/quote]Hopefully there will be som money involved.

[quote user="Canary Wharf Canary"]Appointed as director (official SMS)[/quote]

Yeah just heard that on Snorfolk. Very good for us

Good news as far as I am  concerned. [:)]

He will put in some money, and any money is good!

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]Doesn''t look as though there is any money[/quote]You don''t get a seat on the board for free.

Not loads but some money will be invested I imagine from him, very high profile figure, very very passionate Norwich fan, I''m sure he knows a lot of influential people who could help out in terms of business, corporate events, fund raising. All in all can only be seen as a positive appointment :)

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]That''s true Morty, but then it doesn''t say as much in the PR, but guess there wouldn''t be as the TW is still open.[/quote]I don''t think he''s the type of person who would shoot his mouth off about how much he was throwing in either.I''m actually really happy about this, for all sorts of reasons.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]Well radio snorefolk are saying there''s a PC[/quote]It says so here, and Archant are never wrong are they?[;)]

http://www.pinkun.com/content/pinkun/norwich-city/story.aspx?brand=PINKUNOnline&category=Norwich&tBrand=PINKUNOnline&tCategory=xDefault&itemid=NOED13%20Aug%202010%2016%3A17%3A22%3A053

[/quote]S&J said, when they added Bowkett, McNally and Phillips to the board, that there might be further additions. Against that, Fry is a busy man, and it''s not easy to see him fitting in yet another activity.

[/quote]The club are stressing his ambassadorial/cheerleading role rather than a hands-on executive role, which would make sense given his busy schedule.As to whether he might be investing, there are (or were) nearly £1m worth of shares available, so he might be buying some of those.

Just being discussed on Radio Norfolk, he is not necessarily here as a money giver, more as an ambassador, and as one of the worlds most popular figures at the moment this can only be a very positive addition

Song for Stephen (to the tune of My Old Man said follow the van)

Keep sat down

While Stephen''s around

Or you''ll get a p****

Up the a***

I''m sure he''d see the funny side