Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

The Return Of Little Old Norwich!

[quote user="Cluck"][quote user="Lord Flashheart"][quote user="Cluck"]Nothing whatsoever has changed at CR... we simply got lucky and climbed out of Division Three quickly thats all.....Stephen Fry powerfully underlines what has happened to NCFC under Delia Smith in that it is her own little empire and she is childishly inviting her luvvie friends along to watch her play. Anyone who might pose a threat or who could buy her out won''t be allowed in.You''ve all just been mugged again.... and Smith knows what a feeble minded lot the Norwich fans are. What ever happened to my once astute Norfolk county folk?[/quote]"Nothing whatsoever has changed" - except the new manager, backroom staff, board and players. I think it largely down to them that City won promotion last season, not "luck". Seriously, get a grip. [:S][/quote]Consider yourself well and truly hoodwinked.......[/quote]Yeah. I''m the one talking out of my arse. [;)]

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"]You realy are a cretin Wiz. You know nothing , nothing at all about the appointment, yet you spout turd. You change your mind more times than a baby has new nappies, I bet the baby''s turd is more interesting than you actually. Like I said, you will change your mind about PL within a few weeks. I seem to remember that you and others were moaning about Bowkett and others coming on the board without money, seem to have done fine so far.....[/quote]

You keep saying this cr*p CIB, and you did last year tool, but still I stand firm on Lambert, and always will.

I find it odd that Lecicester, a club very simular to us, also sought investment a short while ago, and 2 weeks ago new owners with some serious clout took them over.

Whats the difference between us?

In a word...............Smith.[:S]

[/quote]Now let''s be fair, Wiz.  Korey Smith''s an excellent defensive midfielder, but I doubt he was responsible for the lack of ongoing investment.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"]You realy are a cretin Wiz. You know nothing , nothing at all about the appointment, yet you spout turd. You change your mind more times than a baby has new nappies, I bet the baby''s turd is more interesting than you actually. Like I said, you will change your mind about PL within a few weeks. I seem to remember that you and others were moaning about Bowkett and others coming on the board without money, seem to have done fine so far.....[/quote]

You keep saying this cr*p CIB, and you did last year tool, but still I stand firm on Lambert, and always will.

I find it odd that Lecicester, a club very simular to us, also sought investment a short while ago, and 2 weeks ago new owners with some serious clout took them over.

Whats the difference between us?

In a word...............Smith.[:S]

[/quote]

Now let''s be fair, Wiz.  Korey Smith''s an excellent defensive midfielder, but I doubt he was responsible for the lack of ongoing investment.

[/quote]ROFLMFAO![Y]

[quote user="Lord Flashheart"][quote user="Cluck"][quote user="Lord Flashheart"][quote user="Cluck"]Nothing whatsoever has changed at CR... we simply got lucky and climbed out of Division Three quickly thats all.....Stephen Fry powerfully underlines what has happened to NCFC under Delia Smith in that it is her own little empire and she is childishly inviting her luvvie friends along to watch her play. Anyone who might pose a threat or who could buy her out won''t be allowed in.You''ve all just been mugged again.... and Smith knows what a feeble minded lot the Norwich fans are. What ever happened to my once astute Norfolk county folk?[/quote]"Nothing whatsoever has changed" - except the new manager, backroom staff, board and players. I think it largely down to them that City won promotion last season, not "luck". Seriously, get a grip. [:S][/quote]Consider yourself well and truly hoodwinked.......[/quote]Yeah. I''m the one talking out of my arse. [;)][/quote]See... I knew you would come round to my way of thinking eventually.   [:)]

[quote user="ſilly ſauſage"]Jeez it  it could be far worse.  We could''ve got Michael Barrymore on board and been sponsored by The Riverside Swimming Pool
[/quote]

[Y]

[quote user="Cluck"][quote user="Lord Flashheart"][quote user="Cluck"][quote user="Lord Flashheart"][quote user="Cluck"]Nothing whatsoever has changed at CR... we simply got lucky and climbed out of Division Three quickly thats all.....Stephen Fry powerfully underlines what has happened to NCFC under Delia Smith in that it is her own little empire and she is childishly inviting her luvvie friends along to watch her play. Anyone who might pose a threat or who could buy her out won''t be allowed in.You''ve all just been mugged again.... and Smith knows what a feeble minded lot the Norwich fans are. What ever happened to my once astute Norfolk county folk?[/quote]"Nothing whatsoever has changed" - except the new manager, backroom staff, board and players. I think it largely down to them that City won promotion last season, not "luck". Seriously, get a grip. [:S][/quote]Consider yourself well and truly hoodwinked.......[/quote]Yeah. I''m the one talking out of my arse. [;)][/quote]See... I knew you would come round to my way of thinking eventually.   [:)][/quote]Delia Out, Lambert Out, boo boo boo

[quote user="Salopian"]He may provide a small investment, but his greatest asset is his worldwide network of contacts. "Flying the flag" throughout the world could take time in generating useful contacts with money to invest, but this is clearly why he has been appointed. He speaks of meeting yellow and green shirted canary supporters in New York. If such groups spring up in many more countries, then we would be doing only what Manure and other clubs have done successfully for years.[/quote]

Just to put this meeting in its proper perspective Stephen Fry met THREE Norwich fans at a book signing in New York. They gave him one of their "T" shirts and he had his photograph taken with them.It was at their instigation. Now I would reckon that one could turn out three Norwich fans in almost any large town or city in any country on Earth. However for me, I am pleased to have him aboard. He has been in football a long time and I have seen a photogaph of him taken with Bobby Robson ( when he was Enagland Manager) and Mr Walker''s Crisps (when he was England''s Centre Forward.)

How can one of the (if not ‘the’) greatest living icon’s joining our board be anything other than hugely positive?

It’s not what he will personally invest - more the contacts and respect he has, worldwide, that is important. His role is that of ambassador, having a man of such immense intellect; one of the most articulate and respected speakers, with a massive influential around the globe can only raise the profile of Norwich. How this equates to “Little old Norwich” is puzzling frankly.

Oh hum, some will always have the ability to find fault with everything and enjoy pissing on the parade I suppose – what they love about Norwich I don’t know – but, boy! they must be a joy to live with. As someone once said “A critic knows the price of everything and the value of nothing”

Well said Mozzer, how anyone can view Stephen Fry''s appointment as anything other than a positive frankly amazes me.

What do they want? Stagnation? The world, including football and NCFC moves on constantly. Having someone as well connected and internationally revered as Fry is can only be good for the club.

Well done to everyone who made this appointment happen. In just over a year this club has moved on in leaps and bounds. Remember where we were last year those of you who can only snipe bitter words? Reeling from the months of mis management, to say nothing of that game with Colchester. Since then NCFC have moved into a new and more proactive era, on and off the pitch.

Stephen Fry''s connection with NCFC can only be to the good and his role as ambassador will boost our standing in football immensely. Welcome on board Stephen!

It''s plainly obvious that idiots like the Wizard and Cluck and are the true holders of the ''Little Old Norwich'' crown. Lets look at the facts:
  • Dubious of any investment rumours.
  • Proven to be xenophobic and racist, so will almost certainly disagree with any foreign takeover especially if any Oriental folk are involved.
  • Known homophobes and misogynists, which thus eliminates at least 60% of any possible investor from the outcome.
  • Quoted in the past that potential investors and managers must understand the ''Norfolk way'', especially fearful of any folk from our nations great capital. 
Would you really trust someone of this ilks reputation? [:$]

I wonder how many of those pleased with Stephen''s appointment as a NCFC Director - will be showing their loyalty and gratitude by attending on the 16th of September at Carra...''An evening with Stephen Fry'' which includes a 3 course meal and a question and answer session? It''s only £75 per person....Come on, dig deep....

Apparently, all the £95 VIP tickets have unfortunately all been sold......

Anyone on here attending?........Anyone? 

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]Well said Mozzer, how anyone can view Stephen Fry''s appointment as anything other than a positive frankly amazes me. What do they want? Stagnation? The world, including football and NCFC moves on constantly. Having someone as well connected and internationally revered as Fry is can only be good for the club. Well done to everyone who made this appointment happen. In just over a year this club has moved on in leaps and bounds. Remember where we were last year those of you who can only snipe bitter words? Reeling from the months of mis management, to say nothing of that game with Colchester. Since then NCFC have moved into a new and more proactive era, on and off the pitch. Stephen Fry''s connection with NCFC can only be to the good and his role as ambassador will boost our standing in football immensely. Welcome on board Stephen![/quote]

The debts still stagnate.

Top notch signings still stagnate.

Still broke.

Thankfully we still have Lambert and McNally.......... for now, but the most passionate City fan (Insulting words used by Delia in describing Fry) will not bring in sod all financially to the club imo.

Passionate fans are those who risked their lives in freezing weather going to Walsall twice dear!

To Larry ''I''ve crawled out from under my stone'' David:

I''m homophobic am I? you know didly squat about me pal. I''m a huge Stephen Fry fan and regually laugh with my gay friends over our bitchy mates, the Internet does not portray the real wiz.

Racist? Being concerned over imigration does not make me racist, so take that arguement and shove it! Even the FA have said the next England manager will be home grown.

Oh hell, whats the point in explaining with people like you on this planet?

To kinda play devil''s advocate here a little....So you didn''t say you thought that maybe homosexuality should be made illegal again then Wiz?

[quote user="morty"]To kinda play devil''s advocate here a little....

So you didn''t say you thought that maybe homosexuality should be made illegal again then Wiz?
[/quote]Of course I did morty..........in a jokey thread...........but I call my gay friends Queenies............its just they''re not so hung up about it!

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="morty"]To kinda play devil''s advocate here a little....So you didn''t say you thought that maybe homosexuality should be made illegal again then Wiz?[/quote]Of course I did morty..........in a jokey thread...........but I call my gay friends Queenies............its just they''re not so hung up about it![/quote]Ah right, that explains it, all a joke.And you have lots of gay friends.Yep, that clears the entire matter up for me lol.[:)]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="morty"]To kinda play devil''s advocate here a little....

So you didn''t say you thought that maybe homosexuality should be made illegal again then Wiz?
[/quote]Of course I did morty..........in a jokey thread...........but I call my gay friends Queenies............its just they''re not so hung up about it![/quote]

Ah right, that explains it, all a joke.

And you have lots of gay friends.

Yep, that clears the entire matter up for me lol.

[:)]
[/quote]Thats ok then.[;)]

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="morty"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="morty"]To kinda play devil''s advocate here a little....So you didn''t say you thought that maybe homosexuality should be made illegal again then Wiz?[/quote]Of course I did morty..........in a jokey thread...........but I call my gay friends Queenies............its just they''re not so hung up about it![/quote]Ah right, that explains it, all a joke.And you have lots of gay friends.Yep, that clears the entire matter up for me lol.[:)][/quote]Thats ok then.[;)][/quote]You do recognise that my post is loaded with cynicism and sarcasm, don''t you? [:)]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="morty"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="morty"]To kinda play devil''s advocate here a little....

[/quote]Of course I did morty..........in a jokey thread...........but I call my gay friends Queenies............its just they''re not so hung up about it![/quote]

Ah right, that explains it, all a joke.

And you have lots of gay friends.

Yep, that clears the entire matter up for me lol.

[/quote]Thats ok then.[;)][/quote]

You do recognise that my post is loaded with cynicism and sarcasm, don''t you?

[/quote]Never, I''m shocked to the core.[;)]

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]Well said Mozzer, how anyone can view Stephen Fry''s appointment as anything other than a positive frankly amazes me. What do they want? Stagnation? The world, including football and NCFC moves on constantly. Having someone as well connected and internationally revered as Fry is can only be good for the club. Well done to everyone who made this appointment happen. In just over a year this club has moved on in leaps and bounds. Remember where we were last year those of you who can only snipe bitter words? Reeling from the months of mis management, to say nothing of that game with Colchester. Since then NCFC have moved into a new and more proactive era, on and off the pitch. Stephen Fry''s connection with NCFC can only be to the good and his role as ambassador will boost our standing in football immensely. Welcome on board Stephen![/quote]

The debts still stagnate.

Top notch signings still stagnate.

Still broke.

Thankfully we still have Lambert and McNally.......... for now, but the most passionate City fan (Insulting words used by Delia in describing Fry) will not bring in sod all financially to the club imo.

Passionate fans are those who risked their lives in freezing weather going to Walsall twice dear!

To Larry ''I''ve crawled out from under my stone'' David:

I''m homophobic am I? you know didly squat about me pal. I''m a huge Stephen Fry fan and regually laugh with my gay friends over our bitchy mates, the Internet does not portray the real wiz.

Racist? Being concerned over imigration does not make me racist, so take that arguement and shove it! Even the FA have said the next England manager will be home grown.

Oh hell, whats the point in explaining with people like you on this planet?

[/quote]What about when you referred to the Japanese as "savage killers" and called them all sorts of racist insults?

I find your points of view here a tad confusing........[quote user="First Wizard"]you know didly squat about me pal.........the Internet does not portray the real wiz.[/quote]and on another thread you say........[quote user="First Wizard"]Chopps, Lapps and yourself are just internet pi*s takers......

I despise all of you and I thank my God, that I''ve never met you in life.[/quote]So do you see the contradiction there Wiz? You''re saying whilst you can form opinions of other people on the internet, nobody else can! [:S]

Must be those Wizards powers! [;)][:D]

[quote user="Lord Flashheart"][quote user="Cluck"][quote user="Lord Flashheart"][quote user="Cluck"][quote user="Lord Flashheart"][quote user="Cluck"]Nothing whatsoever has changed at CR... we simply got lucky and climbed out of Division Three quickly thats all.....Stephen Fry powerfully underlines what has happened to NCFC under Delia Smith in that it is her own little empire and she is childishly inviting her luvvie friends along to watch her play. Anyone who might pose a threat or who could buy her out won''t be allowed in.You''ve all just been mugged again.... and Smith knows what a feeble minded lot the Norwich fans are. What ever happened to my once astute Norfolk county folk?[/quote]"Nothing whatsoever has changed" - except the new manager, backroom staff, board and players. I think it largely down to them that City won promotion last season, not "luck". Seriously, get a grip. [:S][/quote]Consider yourself well and truly hoodwinked.......[/quote]Yeah. I''m the one talking out of my arse. [;)][/quote]See... I knew you would come round to my way of thinking eventually.   [:)][/quote]Delia Out, Lambert Out, boo boo boo[/quote]I like the cut of your jib Sonny Jim........Definate potential for when the Purists reform in the Autumn.

It speaks volumes to me that you all avoided my earlier point:

I find it odd that Lecicester, a club very simular to us, also sought investment a short while ago, and 2 weeks ago new owners with some serious clout took them over.

Words like sand, bury, in and head spring to mind.

I find it odd that Lecicester, a club very simular to us, also sought investment a short while ago, and 2 weeks ago new owners with some serious clout took them over.

[/quote]Really cant imagine you accepting a takeover by Thai businessmen, given your previous with Oriental chaps..

[quote user="Larry David"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

Really cant imagine you accepting a takeover by Thai businessmen, given your previous with Oriental chaps..
[/quote]If theyre sincere and meet our boards fit and proper criteria then its fine with me.

Not what you wanted to here but hey ho.

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="morty"]To kinda play devil''s advocate here a little....So you didn''t say you thought that maybe homosexuality should be made illegal again then Wiz?[/quote]Of course I did morty..........in a jokey thread...........but I call my gay friends Queenies............its just they''re not so hung up about it![/quote]I like it. [Y]  Sometimes when my mate Winston comes over, I tell him to go and hide in the woodpile and we just sit there laughing for hours. [:D]

This thread is getting too heavy for me. Where`s The Nana when you need him  to add some light hearted banter

[/quote]---

Well, we shall see. But if the last few years have taught us anything it

is to take our heads out of the sand and look very closely at superficially fantastic football takeovers.

And the one at Leicester doesn''t so far even look that fantastic. All

that has happened is that a Thai businessman has bought a controlling

interest from Mandaric, putting money into Mandaric''s pocket rather than

the club. Estimates of this Thai businessman''s wealth seem thin on the

ground, although supposedly his father is the real moneybags and he is

worth a passable but not eye-watering £113m. And none of Leicester''s £26m debt is being paid off. And

there have been the usual vague comments on investment but not one hard

and fast promise.

It MIGHT be a good deal (as Southampton''s effectively forced takeover

seems to have been) but if so it will be very much in a recent minority.

The number of clubs taken over in the last couple of years is well

outweighed by those still on the market.