Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

The Return Of Little Old Norwich!

Having slept on this, this is my conclusion on the nice Mr Fry appointment.

The return of little old Norwich!

I was slowly starting to trust Delia, well, more fool me. I wouldn''t be surprised to see ruddy Doomcaster return soon, its as if McNally, Lambert and Bowkett dug us out of the mire in League 1, now Delia and her mates can take over again.

I''m a Stephen Fry fan, even though his American Tour DVD has no subtitles for us deaf viewers! But I see no merit in this appointment, it won''t buy one player or reduce our debt, and only mugs will fall for the ambassador seeking investment rubbish.

Didn''t we hire, just recently, proffesionals to do that?

I smell something fishy in all this.

[quote user="First Wizard"]
Having slept on this, this is my conclusion on the nice Mr Fry appointment.The return of little old Norwich!I was slowly starting to trust Delia, well, more fool me. I wouldn''t be surprised to see ruddy Doomcaster return soon, its as if McNally, Lambert and Bowkett dug us out of the mire in League 1, now Delia and her mates can take over again.I''m a Stephen Fry fan, even though his American Tour DVD has no subtitles for us deaf viewers! But I see no merit in this appointment, it won''t buy one player or reduce our debt, and only mugs will fall for the ambassador seeking investment rubbish.Didn''t we hire, just recently, proffesionals to do that?I smell something fishy in all this.
[/quote]There are times when words fail me.  This is one of them.

I was slowly starting to trust Delia, well, more fool me. I wouldn''t be surprised to see ruddy Doomcaster return soon, its as if McNally, Lambert and Bowkett dug us out of the mire in League 1, now Delia and her mates can take over again.

I''m a Stephen Fry fan, even though his American Tour DVD has no subtitles for us deaf viewers! But I see no merit in this appointment, it won''t buy one player or reduce our debt, and only mugs will fall for the ambassador seeking investment rubbish.

[/quote]

How do you know what Fry will bring to the table Wiz? I have no problems with Lord Melchett being part of the club,neither should you Darling!!

He may provide a small investment, but his greatest asset is his worldwide network of contacts.

"Flying the flag" throughout the world could take time in generating useful contacts with money to invest, but this is clearly why he has been appointed. He speaks of meeting yellow and green shirted canary supporters in New York. If such groups spring up in many more countries, then we would be doing only what Manure and other clubs have done successfully for years.

You realy are a cretin Wiz. You know nothing , nothing at all about the appointment, yet you spout turd.

You change your mind more times than a baby has new nappies, I bet the baby''s turd is more interesting than you actually.

Like I said, you will change your mind about PL within a few weeks.

I seem to remember that you and others were moaning about Bowkett and others coming on the board without money, seem to have done fine so far.....

[/quote]

Oi uncle Albert, you live in Lowestoft so you can bet the fishy smell is just drifting through the window. Either that or you need to change your pants.

[/quote]

Looks like Lambert, Bowkett and McNally found their level in League One just like the Doc[:O]

Shouldn''t think they''ll hang around now the cook is calling the shots again.....

Maybe they''ll end up at Charlton[:|]

The ''Little Old Norwich'' never really went away, it just went into concealed hibernation......

Have we heard any welcoming comment from our Chairman or Chief Exec, regarding the appointment of Stephen as a Director?

We heard Delia''s joy on the local news....She seems well chuffed.

Nothing whatsoever has changed at CR... we simply got lucky and climbed out of Division Three quickly thats all.....Stephen Fry powerfully underlines what has happened to NCFC under Delia Smith in that it is her own little empire and she is childishly inviting her luvvie friends along to watch her play. Anyone who might pose a threat or who could buy her out won''t be allowed in.You''ve all just been mugged again.... and Smith knows what a feeble minded lot the Norwich fans are. What ever happened to my once astute Norfolk county folk?

[quote user="Cluck"]Nothing whatsoever has changed at CR... we simply got lucky and climbed out of Division Three quickly thats all.....Stephen Fry powerfully underlines what has happened to NCFC under Delia Smith in that it is her own little empire and she is childishly inviting her luvvie friends along to watch her play. Anyone who might pose a threat or who could buy her out won''t be allowed in.You''ve all just been mugged again.... and Smith knows what a feeble minded lot the Norwich fans are. What ever happened to my once astute Norfolk county folk?[/quote]"Nothing whatsoever has changed" - except the new manager, backroom staff, board and players. I think it largely down to them that City won promotion last season, not "luck". Seriously, get a grip. [:S]

With the Club actively seeking new investment, the hugely-popular

53-year-old comedian, writer, actor and presenter will act as an

ambassador for Norwich City, using his superb contacts and enormous

personal fanbase to help give the Canaries'' profile a massive boost at

home and abroad.

"The day may still come when I am needed out on the pitch, I haven''t

entirely ruled that out, but until then I shall endeavour to serve with

enthusiasm and energy, spreading the word far and wide of Norwich City

Football Club and the pleasures and rewards to be had as a supporter.

"Truly this is one of the most exciting days of my life and I am as proud and pleased as I could be."

Delia Smith commented: "Having one of the Club''s most passionate

supporters who just happens to also be one of the country''s best-loved

performers join us to act as an ambassador for the football club will be

just fantastic and we''re delighted to welcome Stephen on board."

[quote user="Mister Chops"]

With the Club actively seeking new investment, the hugely-popular

53-year-old comedian, writer, actor and presenter will act as an

ambassador for Norwich City, using his superb contacts and enormous

personal fanbase to help give the Canaries'' profile a massive boost at

home and abroad.

"The day may still come when I am needed out on the pitch, I haven''t

entirely ruled that out, but until then I shall endeavour to serve with

enthusiasm and energy, spreading the word far and wide of Norwich City

Football Club and the pleasures and rewards to be had as a supporter.

"Truly this is one of the most exciting days of my life and I am as proud and pleased as I could be."

Delia Smith commented: "Having one of the Club''s most passionate

supporters who just happens to also be one of the country''s best-loved

performers join us to act as an ambassador for the football club will be

just fantastic and we''re delighted to welcome Stephen on board."

[/quote]DON''T LISTEN TO HER SHE''S EVIL!!!!!!! [:@]

I really don''t get why you don''t get it Wiz. The majority of posters on this subject seem to view Stephen Fry as a gay icon who appears on that quiz show that doesn''t really make sense. That is like viewing Richard Branson as the bloke with the beard who used to sell records.

He is fabulously well connected. There are few in Britain who would not take a call from Stephen Fry and if he needsan introduction, he can ask his well connected friends like Prince Charles. Fry is a single introduction away from virtually any one in the world.

He is universally admired; except on here it seems. He will take this club into new places and is hugely well qualified ambassador

so what is your problem ?

[/quote]

I thought like you yesterday mate, but I too slept on it and to me I think he adds rather a lot, sometimes it''s not just what you know, but who you know.  I guess it''s a case of time will tell, but I think there are a few more positives than negatives with him joining the board.

[quote user="CambridgeCanary"]I really don''t get why you don''t get it Wiz. The majority of posters on this subject seem to view Stephen Fry as a gay icon who appears on that quiz show that doesn''t really make sense. That is like viewing Richard Branson as the bloke with the beard who used to sell records.

He is fabulously well connected. There are few in Britain who would not take a call from Stephen Fry and if he needsan introduction, he can ask his well connected friends like Prince Charles. Fry is a single introduction away from virtually any one in the world.

He is universally admired; except on here it seems. He will take this club into new places and is hugely well qualified ambassador

so what is your problem ?[/quote]His problem is that he''s an idiot. [:P]

What gets me cluck is when you say ''you lot have all been mugged off...''

Are you not a Norwich fan then?

To keep with First Wizards rule of sticking to the topic, I think its a great appointment

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

Looks like Lambert, Bowkett and McNally found their level in League One just like the Doc[:O]

Shouldn''t think they''ll hang around now the cook is calling the shots again.....

Maybe they''ll end up at Charlton[:|]

[/quote]

Mind you get what you wish for.

OTBC

Some of the best news for the future of the club to come out of Carrow Road for quite some time.

Or would you prefer us to be an unheard of, insignificant little team without high profile support.

Or do you, First Wizard, consider yourself more important and of a higher profile that we do not need, or can make use of improvement?

[quote user="Give Peas a Chance "]What gets me cluck is when you say ''you lot have all been mugged off...'' Are you not a Norwich fan then? To keep with First Wizards rule of sticking to the topic, I think its a great appointment[/quote]

Sorry to go ot,but where is that road graffitti.I have seen it somewhere.M25??

I''d rather be a ''Little Old Norwich'' fan than of a club that buys success, such as Portsmouth !!!!! [;)] 

[quote user="Give Peas a Chance "]What gets me cluck is when you say ''you lot have all been mugged off...''

Are you not a Norwich fan then?

To keep with First Wizards rule of sticking to the topic, I think its a great appointment[/quote]Maybe I simply have an affection for my fellow Norfolk folk which extends way beyond Carrow Road. No-one likes to see his own kind being taken for a ride.... again.I don''t expect anyone to even begin to understand such a mindset.......

[quote user="Lord Flashheart"][quote user="Cluck"]Nothing whatsoever has changed at CR... we simply got lucky and climbed out of Division Three quickly thats all.....Stephen Fry powerfully underlines what has happened to NCFC under Delia Smith in that it is her own little empire and she is childishly inviting her luvvie friends along to watch her play. Anyone who might pose a threat or who could buy her out won''t be allowed in.You''ve all just been mugged again.... and Smith knows what a feeble minded lot the Norwich fans are. What ever happened to my once astute Norfolk county folk?[/quote]"Nothing whatsoever has changed" - except the new manager, backroom staff, board and players. I think it largely down to them that City won promotion last season, not "luck". Seriously, get a grip. [:S][/quote]Consider yourself well and truly hoodwinked.......

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"]You realy are a cretin Wiz. You know nothing , nothing at all about the appointment, yet you spout turd. You change your mind more times than a baby has new nappies, I bet the baby''s turd is more interesting than you actually. Like I said, you will change your mind about PL within a few weeks. I seem to remember that you and others were moaning about Bowkett and others coming on the board without money, seem to have done fine so far.....[/quote]

You keep saying this cr*p CIB, and you did last year tool, but still I stand firm on Lambert, and always will.

I find it odd that Lecicester, a club very simular to us, also sought investment a short while ago, and 2 weeks ago new owners with some serious clout took them over.

Whats the difference between us?

In a word...............Smith.[:S]

Of course Cluck, we had all but forgotten that you are the all seeing, wisest person on this board........ next to Wiz of course